Phoenix Medical Supplies
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Phoenix Medical Supplies: 36 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom36 reviews

Worst Management I Have Ever Come Across

The work is fine, and I'm lucky to be on a shift full of good people, unlike the other shift. Unfortunately the supervisor has no patience and cannot understand why he ends up in arguments with other workers when he causes the troubles himself. This occurs too many times in the workplace.

Pros

Mostly good work colleagues.

Cons

Useless management who will wriggle out of doing their job properly.

8 August 2022
We are really sorry to hear your comments , feel free to make contact with your senior line manager or HR should you have any further feedback.

Gotten worse over the years

I’ve worked at Phoenix for a decade and I can say from experience, this place isn’t somewhere you should be working. This place used to run really well compared to how it is now. Management, although still useless, tried to make Phoenix better and compared to management now, did a fairly good job. The company made half the warehouse redundant due to the lower volume of work but since covid happened, the warehouse has seen a massive increase.Due to the volume of work, everyone in the warehouse is stressed out to the point where the loyal, well trained employees are leaving because they’re fed up of doing other peoples jobs. We then get more staff joining who are untrained and have no idea how to work the warehouse. We can’t even train the new staff because we don’t have the necessary trained staff nor the time to train them! The past two years has been nothing but stress, anxiety and a complete breakdown in teamwork. Oh yeah, and the pay is rubbish.

8 August 2022
Thank you for taking time to leave your thoughts , we are sorry you feel this way and would welcome you getting in touch with either your line manager of HR ( OD team) to listen further to your feedback , thus enabling us to make any improvements.

Insights into Phoenix Medical Supplies

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Boring for 3 hours no work

Worse company to work for you have no work for 3 hours they expect you to find other work in the warehouse when their is nothing to do you work total of 5 hours instead of 8 hours the management is poor

8 August 2022
We are sorry to hear that you felt there was not enough work to do, which is not our current experience. Due to high volumes in work we are currently actively recruiting both drivers and warehouse colleagues.

Warehouse operativ

It’s a toxic environment and unpleasant work place to be in. If I had another option I’d not of went there. Lack of respect from management. Mafias if ethnic groups like a prison

Pros

Cons

Finishing late. Low payment. No respect. Management lack leaders. Team leaders can’t speak English.

Not a good place to work management is shocking at there jobs.

I've worked in a few places in my days but I've never worked in a more shocking place than this they seem to make rules up as they go along rules for different people the management is a total disgrace couldn't run a bath never mind a business I'd urge anyone who even thinks of applying to just don't they Don't respect their workers. Also the training is non-existent.

8 August 2022
We are sorry to hear you feel this way and have missed out on the very comprehensive training we offer. We provide a corporate and local induction , alongside a variety of competency based training sessions as well as access to continuing professional development including but not limited to Apprenticeships .

Productive and learning environment

Very good place with very nice people that want you learning well to make your job or work easier.You have a chance to grow up profissional and apply to new vacancy when position opens

Pros

Free small breakfast

Worst place to work

I seriously wouldn't recommend anyone working at phoenix healthcare the management is poor and favoritism & rasicm is a regular commonplace. Id avoid at all costs!

Wouldn’t waste your time

The place is setup for friends of friends they have brought friends from overseas to work so they always get priority from the manager. If you like being pushed aside and told you will do one thing then when you arrive to work you have a whole new route. Avoid like the plague.

11 August 2022
Thank you for your feedback , we are sorry to hear you felt this way. We endeavor to recruit from all cultures, race, sex and religions, as part of your EDI promise and depots colleagues tend to represent the local community. The routes sometimes have to change due to Customer Orders and Demand. Good luck in your future role.

Warehouse operative

Good company. Managment a bit lost and care just about profit, nice colleagues. Day to day more tasks and no one recognises hard work. Targets hardly achievable.

Pros

Security of job

Cons

Managment

Good bunch of drivers and goods in colleagues.

Can be long and heavy, boxes and totes. The hardest part of the job is to get management to listen. The most enjoyable part is when you leave the warehouse and get on the road

Pros

You take company van home

Cons

Not allowed to use the van for personal purposes

Physical but total job safety.

I've worked here for 13 years and can honestly say its the most secure job I've worked at because of the nature of the business. I've worked hard and I do feel I have the respect of senior staff. Whom I get on well with .

Pros

Job security.

Cons

Can be physical

Incompetent Management. No work/life balance.

I have never seen a more incompetent management team anywhere else I have worked. These people are clueless when it comes to the needs of their staff - especially drivers. Training is minimal and it's purely the luck of the draw to be partnered with a driver who actually cares enough to help a new recruit to succeed, though there are few good ones. There is no work/life balance and 52-1/2 hours weekly is really draining. There is a high turnover of drivers for obvious reasons and new recruits frequently decide after a few days that the poor rate of pay is not worth the long working hours and stressful conditions. Unless you are desperate for work, avoid this mob!

Very poductive and always have work so busy

Good place to work .job security .always extra hours .friendly management team leaders .Nice place if looking for long term work.bank holidays off plus extra holidays earned.

Pros

Extra break

Great Atmosphere, Great Team, Great Company

Since joining Phoenix in 2019 I was made to feel part of the team immediately. There is a great support network of colleagues at the Birmingham depot and management are helpful and approachable. The work is not too difficult. There is sometimes overtime but it comes in handy at the end of the month.

Pros

clean environment, friendly workforce, good management

Avoid at all costs

Absolutely diabolical don’t get paid for working past your contacted hours poor management good bunch of drivers shame about management . No thought for staff Well-being

Pros

No travel costs

Very relaxing place

I would recommend the management to increase job opportunities internally but overall I appreciate my line manager who is very professional and kind. The environment is also great.

Pros

line manager, environment, working hours

Cons

salary

Avoid this place.

Avoid at all costs. A lot of change over the last few years and none for the better. High turnaround of staff due to new management being completely useless. You can do better.

Pros

Cons

Everything.

Actual work could be a gift if it wasnt for management

It probably could be about the easiest warehouse job youll find, if management didnt make it as awkward as possible. If your out of work its almost a guaranteed start but you'll soon understand why theyre always looking for people. Hands down worst place ive ever worked, packed full of bitchiness and drama over nothing 99% of the time.

Pros

Easy enough work

Cons

Basically everything else

Not the best company to work for. Amazon are 100 times better and actually care!

All the drivers are supportive and friendly but the management don't care about the staff, all they're worried about are the customers which is fair in a way but drivers never feel appreciated. Very long hours and when you're new the management expect you to know it all and deliver as if you'd been there years. My personal advice? Don't do it.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hours, unappreciated

Avoid unless you are fake and lazy

If you are hardworking and expect to be part of a team avoid this company.Bad management and HR are a joke unless you are fake and lazy you will be treated badly and pushed out.

Pros

Wage is ok

Cons

Bad management

Too Much work because of poor foundations.

The team are mostly friendly and want to work together however there is a distinct blame culture, especially from other departments who have no clue regarding yours. There is far too much rebuilding work to do that should’ve been done years ago however everything was rushed. Supervisors given no development making them poor at their jobs and the overall mentality is poor of staff due to culture. Work is not worth the salary.

Pros

Flexible Hours, Location

Cons

Work load, blame culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Medical Supplies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement