Phoenix Security
Happiness score is 72 out of 100

Phoenix Security Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Brilliant Company to work for but you must have a full time job along with this as there just isn't enough working hours to do this on it's own, to live on.
Cons
Not Enough Hours
I have been working with Phoenix Security for almost 4 years now, had no issues with the management nor the working hours. Everything is smooth when it comes to contact your line manager . Helpful team if you need letters or any documents simple phone call to head office with in 2 to 3 working days you will have your requested documents.
If you have inoff experience, to not let someone to tell you how to do your job when you work as a security,but they want to treated you as a labor that place is not for you! They think for the £10 per hr they can tell you how you should work, maybe if you are like 20 years old you will be perfect for them but if you have over 12 years experience and respect yourself, you will never allow someone to teach you (unless if you don't have accident where you are wrong). Then the area manager instead of speak with you , to take your position, he will not gonna pick up the phone anymore on you, as absolute coward!
Pros
Cons
Less hrs they promised to provide, treated security as labors, telling you how to do your job, Every week £6 even if you have 12 hrs work
Can not stress enough how bad this company is the wage the way they treat you the threats of getting sacked if you can’t cover a shift. Absolute disgrace.
Pros
Cons
Wage, work life balance, management treat you like muck
I was working for Phoenix Security for 2 weeks part time at Macdonald's. I informed them that I was leaving after my last shift as I had gained full time employment elsewhere and they accepted this. I turned up to work for my last shift but I had been replaced by another security officer and I was not informed. I had to go back home at a financial cost to myself. After speaking to another security officer on site he advised this is apparently the culture of Phoenix Security. They are not at all professional and if you say you are leaving they will spit the dummy out and inconvenience you just out of spite. There are cowboy outfits in the security industry and these are one of those firms. I would advise everyone to stay well away from them even if you are desperate.
Pros
Free Macdonalds
Cons
Bad management
During the application process and interview they’re all nice, but when u cant do a shift they’ll be salty and hold grudges...also once you told them that you’re quitting they cut your weekly wage in half
Rubbish pay, didn't pay me for all the hours I worked, didn't pay me my holiday pay, forced me to work 16 hour shifts on a site with no toilet or electricity
Pros
Zero
Cons
Enthusiastic active person Loyal Punctual Developed plenty of experience within the customer service sphere including within the security sectors service's industry...
Pros
good relationship with people from all ethnic and religious backgrounds
Cons
N/a
Within this job i was working all over northern ireland, places such as Newtown abby, Belfast, Newry, Lisburn, Downpatrick. While in the security potion i learned good relation skills like working in a team and/or on my own initiative, i also became skilled with using camera systems. The management of the security was bad and not well organized with the weekly rota being given out 1-2 days before the next week, until you have that rota you have no idea where your going to be positioned the following week. When my security license was due to expire instead of paying my own money to renew it, i decided to leave the security work.
Pros
Cons
long hours, random rota, shift work including nights
These guys don't pay the advertised rate. Instead they "top up" a lower rate to the advertised rate using your holiday pay. This means no pay when you are on holiday.
Pros
Hours are flexible
Cons
Low pay compared to competition
I am always on time, doing the right thing, right time and place. I always do my task up to an exceptional standard I've learnt how to work as a team player. I manage my job assignment professionally. My co-workers are always doing their best and a great at it. I don't think there is a hard part of the job am really getting used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I meet new people.
Pheonix security is based in Reading and has a few sites outside of reading like Yate Shopping centre. they employ security, maintenance and caretakers.
Not enough hours or not guaranteed work 9/10 not getting paid enough if given work it would be a minimum of about 3 hours working on 0 hour contract.
12 hour days... meeting and greeting new people everyday, maintaining high level of security to the site i was designated to, worked solely, although did get on great with co-workers when changing of shifts....
Good friendly work place I learnt alot working at poenix includung good customer service skills
i enjoyed working for this company and if the chance arose I would certainly work for them again