Pico Technology

Pico Technology Employee Reviews

Working at Pico is stimulating, challenging and well supported

Working for Pico Technology has been a refreshing change. A supportive and progressive culture exists, the tone of which is set by the CEO who is also the owner of the company. Staff are supported but offered the autonomy and freedom to get their work done in the manner which they deem works best. There is a 'work hard play hard' ethic with staff encouraged to participate in social activities outside work time. The company definitely invests in its staff and their development and career progression is based on performance and merit. I'd definitely recommend attending an interview at Pico to find out more about the company and culture. A lot of companies promise a lot but don't deliver which isn't the case with Pico. Visiting Pico convinced me to accept the job offer that they made me and I'm very glad I did.

Pros

Flexible working, supportive culture and stimulating environment

Cons

Fewer benefits than working for a larger organisation

Collaborative work environment where everyone matters

Having worked at Pico for nearly 7 years my only regret is that I have not worked here longer. As each year has gone by I have developed both personally and professionally, learning new skills whilst keeping up with cutting edge technologies

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

A Great company who genuinely cares about their staff.A very interesting job. Lot's to get my teeth into. A collaborative approach.Staff are friendly and approachable making it easy to fit in.Lovely work life balance

Pros

Great Sports and Social committee, great facilities

Work hard, Play hard, and constantly growing

We're always producing more for our customers, always providing new features, upgrading, making faster, more reliable and stronger tools. It can be frustrating not being able to get everyone's great ideas into devices sooner, but wonderful to see so many ideas still bubbling up ready for when they are needed or we have time to include them. We have always had a relaxed culture, inspired by the ethos of working hard and playing hard. We are rewarded for being self motivated through our social committee that throughout the year arrange lunches or evening meals out or crazy fun activities like quad biking or shooting (yes, all free, and exceptional fun if you just go with it!).

Pros

Flexi time

Engaging and ethical employer

Pico has a great company culture that has been instilled from the MD / CEO throughout the organisation. Managers are approachable and willing to engage with employees to address issues and problems at any level. Disagreements are usually resolved through constructive discussion rather than confrontation. In Pico "everyone succeeds together"; when targets are exceeded, or a significant milestone reached, it's Fish 'n Chips all round, or some other treat to enjoy. The annual summer barbeque and Christmas party are enjoyable events that help to bring the various teams together.

Pros

Relaxed informal working environment & flexitime

Cons

Can't think of any serious cons

A great place to work

I can honestly say that Pico is by far the best place that I have worked. The onboarding process is fantastic as you meet somebody from every department within the first 2 weeks and you really feel that everyone is keen to continue the success of Pico. Everything is set up to make it as social as possible from the pool table to the table tennis table to the social activities that happen regularly. The variety of the work is interesting, people are friendly and the management team all approachable.

Pros

Social events, family feel

Small, but powerful

Pico Technology is a little technology gem in the heart of East Texas. The work is demanding, but manageable. It is a small company with lots of opportunity and as a result many hats are required. Almost everybody on site has many responsibilities that aren't specifically spelled out in the job description. If something needs done, it needs done. There is always work available. Flexibility is key to working at Pico! People are open to new ideas and tools. If you think you have a way to improve something being done or a process in place, the managers will take the time to listen and hear you out. Our managing Director's motto is "treat your employees like family and your customers like friends". Once a month we have Team Tuesdays (formerly know as Taco Tuesday) where Pico buys the entire team lunch and we sit down with any important updates, but then enjoy the lunch hour talking and getting to know coworkers. After big team sales or projects are complete, the managers share the wealth with parties and bonuses to the team. While the company may have a small number of employees, the sales and opportunities are nothing but!

Great opportunity to advance career

Pico Technology is a productive, highly motivated, and fun place to grow your career. The North American office is a small employed office, with great potential that grows every single year. There are plenty of opportunities each day to succeed and the family atmosphere attributes to the success.

A long term company

Good working environment thats built on working together as a team. Work-life balance is great. They encourage you to be successful. You opinions and feedback are welcomed.

Good people to work with

Good oppty for someone who loves living in Tyler. Small company with a global footprint and a lot of potential to become a major force in the test & measurement industry.

Dahy at Work

Days at work could be stressful talking to the managers at Pico, asking for the tools and equipment needed to fix separators and etc. everything was last minuet nothing was done in a timely manner, great employees at pico but not very good management nor personnel working in the office.

Pros

mot much i can say

Cons

bad managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pico Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5