Pimlico Plumbers logo

Clear
Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

A driver at Pimlico Plumbers

I was allocated a truck which I travelled to and from work in. A fee was deducted from my salary for this. I was allocated jobs by a line manager either by phone or when I arrived at the depot. I would collect parts for a specific job and collect rubbish from various locations. Regular trips to the refuse depot were routine. The most difficult tasks were lifting heavy boilers and cast iron items and carrying down flights of stairs. I enjoyed being out on the road and all co-workers and suppliers were friendly and helpful.

Pros

A van was provided

Such a supportive company.

I have worked at Pimlico for more than 7 years. I always enjoyed my job role and the environment I work in. Everyone at Pimlico are so friendly and supportive which really makes you feel like a family unit. Its so easy to focus on the negative during tough circumstances but as a key worker during this pandemic, i couldn't ask for any further support from the company. They have provided free lunches,drinks and snacks. Flexible working hour and up to £140 weekly bonuses for all key workers.

Such a supportive company.

Hard work required

Family run business with a very professionalapproach to running a very successful business . Lots of benefits with subsidiary canteen and regular massages and a free gym

Pros

Gym massages overtime

Cons

Weekend work

Worst working experience of my working life.

I had a little sense of excitement to work here when I first heard I was successful in my interview. I was told they have an amazing canteen available 'if needed' along with a very nice looking gym that I'd be allowed to a use anytime free of charge. I'd have my own locker and use of shower facilities available at any time AND regular chances of overtime available - sounds amazing right? It probably only took about ONE day to realise that this wasn't going to be the place that they 'sell' to you at the beginning. Yes, they have a canteen, with lovely staff, but what they don't tell you at first is that you pretty much HAVE to use it (you aren't allowed to pay by the way, it gets automatically deducted from your salary each week) as there are no shops close enough to get to in one of you very small breaks. You are not allowed to even bring in your own tea bags, yet they still charge you to use theirs. Also, other than feeling like a grown school child already because of the uniform you are forced to wear - you have use face recognition to tap in and out, even for your small lunch break. There is not an ounce of faith or confidence shown in any of their employees. Lunch 'breaks'. You are only allowed a morning 15 minute break, a 30 minute lunch break and then one more 15 minute break towards the latter end of the day. Smart from whoever it was that made that rule because technically you are getting your entitled 1 hour break per day - but in a way where it realistically only allows you to stay in the building and use their services. Mobile phones - 'Unless you -

Not good- do not work in the Control Department

No security, no trust with the Managers, unprofessional and the Management encourage taking more money from Customers. My colleagues were good to work with. You rarely were approved time off for annual leave. HR never provide references.

Cons

Cant put lunch in fridges, can only buy food from the expensive canteen

Bully boy tactics , egotistical maniacs.

Do not work here, they sell you a story how you will earn 2k a week which you will for about 4/5 months of the year the rest of the time you will be lucky to earn a grand a week .You pay £600 a month for van , phone, ipad!You are spoken to like pond scum daily, the office staff change weekly as its such a poor place to work.Basically the bigger con artist you are the higher up there leader board you will be(get premium jobs).Egotistical work and manger staff. They also advised you will get work near to you and to keep travelling times down , sent across all of london daily ..Stay away !!!!!!!

Cons

Every thing.

bully boy attitude of a company

terrible to work for stoppages with no reason, dont want you to go home or have time off your basically employed with no benefits. leave you sitting in van for hour wont let you go home if you dont jump. fill you with work for 3 month then nothing. i wouldnt go back for them if the were the last ob on earth do at you own risk

Pros

Cons

plenty

Soul destroying

Terrible place to work - too many engineers with not enough work to go around. If you give a customer a quick honest job your punished by the office and left with no work. You have to pay for the van £600 each month which increases yearly. All engineers are on a leaderboard with the highest earners and engineers that do the most overtime are at the top - at the top you get the better jobs / wealthy customers. Basically if you don’t do the overtime or don’t rip customers off your left with the quick jobs etc. If you want quick money with no outside work life balance , don’t mind being spoken to like a child , don’t mind selling customers work they don’t really need just to make your weeks money up , don’t mind worrying if your going get get enough work each week then this job is for you. If you value your outside of work life do not join this company.

Pros

Learn a lot due to variety of work.

Cons

Long hours, ego maniac management, paranoia, stress.

Best company I have worked for

Pimlico Plumbers is a great company to work for mainly because everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. They have great recognition for hard work including employee of the month and a very good chance of progression within the company. There's also some amazing perks including a free onsite gym use and a massage fortnightly.

Pros

Free gym, free massage fortnightly, weekly pay, good salary

Jobs at Pimlico Plumbers

See more jobs

Long hours and they take what they want from your wages

Do not leave your job for this company the first 3 mouths will be good to suck you in then you be lucky to earn the money there are to many people on the farm and not enough work to go round at which point you will be told to make jobs last as there is no more jobs I was told same times to make jobs last all day when it was really only a few hours work.you have to pay for the van, phone, card machine, parking, diesel and after you paid your tax and after you have given up about 70 hours of your life for them you mite take home about £1000 which you can get on sites now for 40 hours

Pros

You get to see London

Cons

They have no respect of those who make them rich

Awful place to work.

Be very careful before you apply here as an engineer. The interview process is very slick, and they will promise you the earth. The first 3-6 months working for them is fine as they feed you plenty of work.I asked them if they could keep me busy all year yes they replied!The reality is when they are not busy they keep you sat in your van on the side of the road with no work for hours on end, meaning no money! Which also brings into question the claims of the salary shown on the ad! . The office staff treat the engineers very poorly indeed, and are very rude. I have worked for very large companies and small companies,in a 29 years this is by far the worst. The public perception of the company is a far cry from the reality. They say that customer satisfaction is priority, but in fact behind the scenes its get as much money from the customer as possible. My experience is that it is it's quite a dishonest place to work. They do not want technically good engineers to work for them, they want engineers that can get the most money out of the customer. Wasn't my cup of tea I am afraid.very disappointed .