Pin Point Health & Social Care

Pin Point Health & Social Care Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom19 reviews

Lovely clients, management not supportive

On the whole the clients are fantastic however it is very unlikely you will have regulars due to staff preferential treatment. Management does not care or respond to complaints, quite unprofessional. Bullying seems to be ignored because of being short staffed and no matter how many times you say you cannot work on a certain day the office will phone you from different number and you feel guilty for saying no and pressured into doing it.

Pros

Lovely clients, good colleagues, good team leaders and seniors

Cons

-going into homes with no information about clients or their needs, not enough time to do what is required, insufficient training for those with little experience, consistently ignored by upper management, very little appreciation for the work done.

Unpleasant environment

The actual job of working with the clients was amazing, the issue is with the office staff. The office staff are immature, ill-equiped to deal with care or people. They cannot organise the work load appropriately, they have poor attitude, blame everything on their staff such as 'lateness' when they actually have scheduled the timings wrong for client and will expect staff to be flexible with their requirements, having little care or regard to their wellbeing. All this for a terrible wage, the only shining light is the care staff you may get to work with and the clients who share their amazing life stories.

Pros

The training is decent and on the ground staff are nice.

Cons

Long hours for a pathetic wage, terrible treatment of staff and poor communication from office staff.

Insights into Pin Point Health & Social Care

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Poor organisation and unprofessional

Worked for them for a few months and my experience would deteriorate as every shift went by. Very little support from staff and very poor organisational skills from the office staff

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

rude staff

You can choose how many hours you work and can be flexible. The pay is good and it’s good to have a variety of different work places. The consultants are understanding of work life balance. Overall I’m very happy in the company.

Cons

No travel expenses

No coordination

Everyone is al over the place! No real clarity on instructions and job roles ! Loads of complaints never dealt with.

Pinpoint

I have worked for pin point for just over 5 months now and was giving this fabulous opportunity by the manager. I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The office staff are a fabulous team to work with and the carers have been amazing.

Cons

Still not convinced they're a legit company

Was hired 2 months ago and still yet to get any hours despite being willing to travel anywhere around newcastle/gateshead. Asked my line manager (when I finally got ahold of her after she ignored my calls and emails for over 3 weeks) where they had any work to pick up so I could decide if it would be feasible for me to travel to that location or not. They had no hours. She said basically that I was very low down in the list of priorities when it came to delegating work. During the recruitment process I was assured that there were ALWAYS hours to pick up because they were desperately understaffed and that, yes, shadowing was unpaid, BUT he guaranteed me a paid shift as soon as I finished shadowing. Saying that can take as little as 4 hours. Yeah, it took two weeks due to the criteria that needed to be met could only be done on certain days and there were such few service users that I had to wait a week and a half to assist in bathing for my shadowing. The few times when I would call into the office, I would get ping ponged around and no one would really know who was meant to deal with what.. and to top it off, they'd be so rude about it, making it out like I was the jerk for bothering them and trying to get them to do their jobs? What kind of a manager goes MIA for over 3 weeks dodging calls and emails of their employees? What kind of company asks for money from their recruits to cover a DBS check that the goverment is offering out for FREE because of Covid? Basically this company is only recruiting you to meet their recruitment quota, they don't have to give you -

Pros

er, a lot of free time?

Cons

No hours, unpaid training and shadowing, 0 hour contract, management ghosting employees, rude/clueless management

Slow company

Got offered a position and sent all required documents. After that nothing, complete silence and don't respond to emails. Weeks later someone calls asking where we at in the hiring process! Complete joke and time waste, would not apply for a position again.

Stressful work place

Constant change in Management, benefits constantly changing with regards to mileage etc without notice. No work life balance and made to feel guilty when turning down a shift.

Not added to my CV

Didn’t have one bad experience I had many. Management couldn’t manage themselves out of a paper bag however they will happily micromanage every other staff member.

Pros

Close to city centre

Cons

Friendly staff, aeisha does what she says if she says she will get you work she does, and always returns calls. She has been brilliant, im a current support worker with pinpoint and all gd reviews are not just office staff reviews. They are polite and friendly glad i stuck it out because i was unsure at first. No complaints from me happy agency worker😁

Pros

Choosing when you want to work

Cons

Sometimes the waiting to see if there is work in my chosen area.

Horrific place to work for!!!

The so called manager is a joke!! Doesn’t care about the staff what so ever! Have you travelling all sorts of distances on foot with no travelling time!!

Worst place to work for

Not a very nice company to work for at all! Blackmailing into take shifts bullying and making you feel guilty if office staff haven’t had time off! Leaves clients without care more worried about money than they do caring for clients office staff are a joke very rude don’t feel comfortable to speak to them Plus they all speak among themselves about it anyways!!!

Not good

Pin Point are not all that they seem, they tell you a wonderful story at your interview about how supportive they are to their staff, and that your hourly rate will be between this and that and that they’ve got plenty of work for you in the area that you live. Sadly the bare facts are completely different, they are not supportive of their staff at all, if you go to them with a problem all you will get from them is “I’ll sort it out for you” you never hear back from them again, you will be constantly on your phone to them asking them to chase things up! Your hourly rate will be paid a lot less than the figure they tell you that a job is paid at when they call you with a job. Depending on which area you live in and how far you are prepared to travel the amount of work offered to you can be very low! So all in all Pin Point definitely don’t get to the point of much in my case.

Pros

Cons

Under paid, not many hours of work offered, not supportive if there’s a problem.

Recruitment Agency

Good team working ethic. Well rewarded for what you do. Supports local charities. Strategically and Geographically placed within the UK to serve Clients and Customers. Always available including out of hrs

Professional recruitment agency

I joined pinpoint back in 2016 after a friend recommended them to me. From day 1 the staff I have encountered are friendly and welcoming, keeping their work professional and never fail to find me shifts to suit my skill sets.

Never enjoyed work more

Such great satisfaction from my role at Pin Point! Brilliant "family culture", and great management structure. Love building working relationships, very rewarding job!! Well looked after whilst in work!

A challenging, friendly workplace

I have been working for Pin Point Health & Social Care for a while now and I cannot fault this company. My job role has stretched to new challenges, which are supported and appreciated by Management. Although this is an office based role, there is a large element of Customer Service, enabling our Healthcare staff to understand there application process and assist with queries. The management are supportive, understanding and also push you to be the best that you can be. I thoroughly enjoy my role at Pin Point, and i look forward to my career progressing here in the future!

Pros

central location, Management Support

Enjoying my new role.

I have been working here for a few weeks and i am really enjoying my new role. I was given a warm welcome by the team at the Gateshead branch and I look forward to hopefully progressing my career with Pinpoint.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pin Point Health & Social Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement