Pinewood Studios Group

Pinewood Studios Group: 7 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews

fun work environment

staff were friendly and welcoming, hard working and the team i was with worked exceptionally well

Never judge a book by its cover!

Not so wonderful on the inside! Some great talent within the business but lots of red tape and senior management BS. A great shame although I hope the current SMT is fairing a bit better.

Very fun place to work.

A typical day of work would consist of either a 7:30AM - 8:00AM start which would mean i would wake up at the latest of 6 AM out the house by 6:30 AM. You would work from 8 AM till 10 AM then a half hour break then work from 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM then work from 1:00 PM till 5:00PM sometime later if overtime was offered.

Productive and Informative Placement

I had a great time doing this work experience placement, everyday I came in and got to work with different people from different areas of film/ tv production, such as sound design, film restoration, film storage, editing, etc. I also got to sit in on a live seminar with a professional photographer who was promoting a piece of equipment, whilst doing a mini photoshoot on the stage (using this piece of equipment), this was very advantageous also because I have been interested in photography for a while now and he taught us a few things about photography shoots and equipment such as cameras and lighting equipment. The workplace culture was very sophisticated but it was also warm and I felt welcomed every day I came through the doors.

Productive workplace

Very fun place to work, working in the studios and seeing some amazing sets actors etc. Fun and productive place to work, hard working and a nice bunch of people

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day is varied and extremely busy but that was all part of the appeal. I have learned a lot at Pinewood about multiple categories which has assisted with progressing my Procurement knowledge. The contract values varied between services which meant different methods of procuring were required. The hardest part of the job was right at the start, as a new department within the Group it was a different way of working which required key stakeholder management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the cross functional working, it gave great job satisfaction to win the trust of the key stakeholders within the business.

Productive and hard working.

A great place to work. Colleagues were hard working and passionate about both the industry and our particular field. Clients equally as passionate and down to earth.

Pros

Variety of work. Great colleagues.

Cons

Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinewood Studios Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement