Pinsent Masons

United Kingdom51 reviews

masonfirmfriendlyculturestaffteamworkinghour

Inclusive, positive culture

Featured review

Pinsent Masons selected this as a representative review
Pinsent Masons is a fully inclusive and extremely diverse company to work for. If you prioritise relationships with colleagues and openness of management, Pinsents is the place for you.

Pros

People, culture, opportunities

Good firm

Lack of culture in London office. Barely any fun events so not a good firm for young people. People are friendly but that's about it. There's just nothing exciting going on. The benefits are average and the pay is terrible compared to firms in the city. Please do better!

Insights into Pinsent Masons

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Motivate and friendly working place

The company provides different training courses and very good working balance. It's not very diversity working place to work, but the colleagues are very friendly. If you join a very small team, mainly you have to learn everything by yourself.

Benefits

Cons

Not very diversity working environment

Don’t work for the T&E Team

No structure or training within this job role at all. Thrown in the deep end and told to do the job without propper training. Rules are made up on the spot. Management are shockingly terrible. Not allowed to talk to your colleagues as you would get pulled up about it. Would not recommend to anyone to work at this place.

Excellent Work Experience

A friendly and supportive company, where both co-workers and management seem to have excellent relationships with each other. Seems a good balance between work and understanding of family commitments, hobbies etc.

Shockingly bad handling of the covid crisis

This company put all support staff up for redundancy within weeks of the pandemic starting. With no clear reasons for doing so and the decision was based on massively inaccurate figures. The company hadn’t even recorded a loss at that point, it was purely capitalising on a situation pre-empting a loss that never happened. Fee earners all got bonuses and pay rises with 12 months of the redundancies. Having seen how other companies handled it and tried everything before redundancies so they were a last resort. Pinsent Masons had it as a 1st choice leaving poorly paid people whom had worked there faithfully for years, jobless during the pandemic.

Cons

Has the potential, but falls short

There are some enjoyable positives about the firm; it has a nice work environment, and the people can be quite friendly, even if a little cliquish at times.But the role is seriously underpaid and has almost zero progression. By working in a national network you can be dealing with fee earners in other offices, who don't know or understand your background; so can verge on being rude and management will refuse to support you on any issue.

Divisions between fee-earning and business support

There is a big division between fee earners and business support that runs right through all decisions and work within the company.Salaries are not competitive with the rest of the sector, but the culture can make up for it

Great Place to work

I'm a Team Administrator at the Manchester office and I think it's fantastic. The staff are friendly, approachable and compassionate. The work is gruelling and challenging, but equally rewarding. The building is beautiful, with stunning views. In the heart of Manchester, you have everything at your feet. I would highly recommend.

Pros

Home Working, Flexibility, career progression.

Cons

Long hours, demanding.

Decent company

Nice company to work for. Management are quite nice, however the environment is fast paced and busy, but very slow and process driven. They offer working from home opportunities which is helpful to manage work and home life.

Pros

Lovely building, working from home

Cons

Long hours, lack of career development

:-) fantastic place to work really loved it - great training experience. Would recommend highly for other candidates in the legal profession. Leeds a good place to live

Great place to work!

I have worked at Pinsent Masons for almost 5 years and loved every minute. It is a friendly and collaborative environment where staff are praised for good work. I have been promoted from my first job and found that my seniors have been very supportive and really enthusiatic for my progression.

Pros

Agile working

No where else I'd rather work

I've been at Pinsent Masons 9 years and there's no where else I'd rather be. The IT team is very tight knit and its like having a second family. Pinsent Masons has developed a culture of co operation, respect and innovation. I'm very happy here and will stay until retirement if I can.

Senior HR Manager

A great HR team to work with and be inspired by. Lots of collaboration with each of the HR SME's with HR sitting at the top table in respect of all HR and employee related matters. Very forward thinking and everyone in HR is keen to be the best and work towards employee satisfaction.

Great people

Very collaborative firm with great people in the team. Everyone works hard but also take the time to take a rest and socialise. The firm promotes, encourages and continuously apires to be consistent with being purpose-led.

Pros

Great staff restaurant, quality food

Cons

Unknown at present

Flat structure and high level of collaboration

Why I like working here: * If you work hard you are rewarded. * Information is shared freely in the firm, and we're encouraged to feel like we're all contributing to its success. * HR genuinely have a seat at the table * Every decision is well thought out and fairness is heavily emphasised. They avoid making snap decisions or throwing money at a problem * Leadership seem to know when to take a risk and when to play it safe * Partners speak to support staff like people and seem interested in our opinion

Pros

Collaborative culture

Cons

Relatively flat structure could be frustrating for some people

Collaborative and forward looking

An ambitious firm that has developed signifciantly in a short period. Its network has grown very significantly in a range of jurisdictions, all in line with a cordinated, realistic strategy. The culture is very strong, with a genuine commitment to D&I acknowledged by Stonewall this year as its employer of the Year.

Pros

Collegiate and friendly culture, with a genuine ambition to grow

Compared to my last law firm this place is great

From day one I felt that there was a real collabarative feel working at Pinsent Masons. Working in Busines Ops, but sat amongst the lawyers and Central Management who were all fairly friendly. Unfortunately this is changing with the advent of Agile working as all of Bus Ops will be sat on the same floor together. There is a relaxed but business like atmosphere, with fun firm get togethers such as the Spring & Summer parties and Christmas do. As well as other events throughout the year. Within my area there is no real room for advancement due to the flat structure, unless my boss decides to leave, but as I'm not interested in management that's not an option. Overall I'd recommend Pinsents to others looking to move on.

Pros

Fairly relaxed atmosphere; Collobarative attitude

Cons

Flat org structure limits advancement opportunities

Collaborative and friendly place to work

Pinsent Masons is without doubt, one of the friendliest firms I have ever worked at. Lawyers and business support work well together and in doing so enable both business and personal success. The culture is a collaborative one and that really shines through. This is a friendly work environment, which nurtures confidence in one's capability. A win-win for everyone involved.

Pros

Agile working, great canteen and free coffee!!

Cons

havent found one yet

Its all about the Service

My job is demanding but I have an amazing team and extremely supportive manager. I have been promoted in the last 3 years and constantly learning. The Client Service team I work within and the wider Facilties team are united and supportive with everyone working towards the same goal. The hardest part is the same as the most enjoyable and that's the people.

Not for me

I didnt enjoy working here the management wasnt very helpful, they didnt support me well enough. When i ever had problems i was pushed to the side. Could be enjoyable for others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinsent Masons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement