Pizza Hut Restaurants UK

Pizza Hut Restaurants UK Employee Reviews

Forget your weekends

I must admit I'm grateful to pizza hut as I made great friends, but it's not possible to survive there.I was given a 30 hour contract that was rarely followed. The money made it almost impossible for me to live. I worked every weekend so couldn't go out with my friends.It's hard work on weekends breaks rarely given. But my fellow employees were amazing.The management had their favourites am others had to work hard whole the favourites could mess around.I wouldn't recommend to anyone looking for a long term job but perfect for short term.

Pros

Free food, great friendships

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, awful pay

Would not recommend to anyone who is over 25

The training program is great if you decide to step up, but the work is hard and getting harder constantly as the company is cutting COS. Less people on shifts as the time goes, but the work still has to be done correctly and in time. The extra work because of Covid made it even harder as the person set to do it is never scheduled due to COS. Had no time to go to the toilet and so on. I would not recommend this company to anyone over 25. Pay is a joke, national minimum wage, shift managers get paid £10.20/h for all that work required to be done. Just stay away.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay, hard work, stressful.

Fun and fast paced

Fun place to be welcoming staff supportive management. Busy because of all the activities in the area free lunch is provided by the company great place to work and be a costumer.

Pros

Free lunch

Just don't

Always said pizza hut was the worst job iv ever had ended up being depressed by the time i left. Never enough staff on a busy friday or Saturday night or on a close. Some nights wouldn't leave till gone 1am then expected back in 9 hours later. Only perk was the discounted pizza. Breaks only got a small kids pizza to eat. Always 3 people in the kitchen one doing potwash for the whole restaurant one making the pizza and 1 cutting inbetween those had to prep for the next day which made the close harder for the 2 people left at the end of the night.Will never go back

Cons

Long hours and not enough rest inbetween shifts

Deputy/shift manager

My training was rushed when i started resulting in many gaps in my knowledge. When you are salaried, ie deputy and above at store level you dont have a home restaurant. When i was deputy manager i was moved all over merseyside. When i dropped down to shift which was hourly paid rather than salary, i could opt to stay in one restaurant and i couldnt be moved. It is a really decent company to work for, i had a great time over 6 years.

Pros

The teams you work with.

Cons

Small management teams, lack of cover for sickness/holidays

If you survive Pizza Hut you will survive everything

spent over 14 years in different stores, on different positions, FOH, BOH, expert trainer, Manager. always short staff, working back to back shifts (day shift, night shift and another day opening)never again !!!

Pros

nice ppl work there

Cons

long hours, no breaks when is busy, always short staff

Busy work place, lots youngsters, easy work but busy. Low pay.

No real. Initial training given just a few instructions and found out rest along the way. Not informed about mobile app for deliveries charges or car business insurance charges or uniform charges taken Directly from wages. This should all be disclosed at interview stage. Many younger staff preparing food not in aporopriate wear for food prep environment, some without face masks. No hair coverings. Normal clothes worn. One came in riding boots once! When manager (who is good) absent more chaos and poor practices. Language and attitude of supervisors, Ast mgrs are very cavalier and rude. Give preferable drops to favourites.Rota done day before the week it relates toStaff not suitably distanced in work area during this time, no real covid related practices in place. Domino's have screen between prep areas and everything looks immaculately clean and staff spaced well... they have nothing like this at pizza hut.

Pros

Easy job, 50% off pizza, lovely colleagues, nice manager.

Cons

Variable hours, low pay (minimum wage) and rota created last minute.

Stressful but also a good community of staff

I worked here for a short period of time and found it to be a good job, with a relaxed environment, however some issues did include things like, as i was 16 at the time, the management were reluctant to give me more than 15 hours a week when i had asked for around 20+ and were regularly giving me 8 hours a week while giving the hours to those who were older than me. The pay was poor and i started at £5 an hour, when i knew those who were older than me were on more money. I couldn’t work out why as we did the same job. The environment was good and the food was excellent and you regularly got free food and drinks, which was great. However, management could be lazy and did not help out as often as they should, and some regularly spent 30-45 minutes on their phone doing nothing in the office while we were busy out the front. It is not a great job for those who want a stable job or hours as they change week to week and would be more suited to those who want a few hours here and there.

Pros

Free food, a lot of free food. Fun environment, sometimes

Cons

Poor management and unequal and unfair pay and hours.

WorkPlace

It’s the worst place I ever work, they make my life imposible, they don’t give breaks when is busy, any team member that has a good relationship with the manager thinks that is the boss.

Pros

All the pros:

Cons

Better to have a job than no job

Long hours, sometimes 12 hours, with no break or lunch, because you are working on your own. Even at busy times. Managers tend to be lazy and not clued up enough to be able to help when things go wrong. Because they promote bad choices of people. Such as staff who have been there 5 mins. Poor rate of pay. So low for the work you put in. The management want you to take holidays, but then refuse any dates that you choose. So you end up getting allocated weeks off at inconvenient times! Yet the manager gets all the best dates, and more! The staff turnover is so high, because the managers can’t manage, and expect people to just know it all from looking at a training video. They do not help new starters, just expect too much, so people leave.

Pros

Discount on food if you eat at the place you work.

Cons

Too many to list

Great for student slackers

Filled with students leaving full time workers extra work to be done, calling in to go on the town while you do one man closes before an illegal close open with a 6 hour gap between 9 hour shifts

Pros

Free food within limits, social

Cons

Understaffed in kitchen, hungover staff

Good people terrible management

The job itself was decent although you’re required to get to speed very quickly with very little help. Training process is long and tedious with just having to answer questions over and over until you hit 100%. The other employees were great but management was terrible, would basically hide at all times and then when it got busy would come in and shout at everyone rather than offer any sort of help, purposely picked the easier jobs to do and avoided all the others. All in all, decent job but terrible management makes it hard to stay happy and motivated while working there

Pros

Friendly co-workers

Cons

Terrible workplace, the worst I have ever worked at

Firstly the pay is appalling for the job and tasks I had to do. I would usually end up being the only member of staff as a waiter for some nights so it was extremely stressful and fast paced, no time for a rest. The management didn’t care a single bit about us and we were always receiving bad ratings from head office in the inspections. The company’s systems were soo outdated, when an item was out of stock the tills would allow you to place the order still then half an hour later the kitchen would tell you it was out of stock and you would then have to face a very angry customer due to Pizza Huts terrible systems and processes. The staff turnover at the place is constant and they had to hire lots of agency workers, I would always be meeting new people but they would soon leave due to how terrible it was. The pay was a joke, it was the minimum wage and then a little percentage of the staff tips. Surely as the waiter you would get the tips but no the management and the kitchens take up to 70% of tips of you only get 30% of the tips even though I did all the work. Overall I fully recommend you NEVER WORK HERE.

Cons

Long hours, terrible pay, bad tills and systems

Very accommodating

I worked as a full-time manager Over 20 years. Great job, lots of potential The training is phenomenal and lots of structure. Great for transferring to a different store

Pros

Cons

Lates

Great Working Environment

In all, Pizza Hut Restaurants is the best place I have ever worked. The management were understanding of circumstances and very supportive both in work and outside of work (if necessary). Team were friendly and worked together to complete daily tasks and deliver outstanding customer service experience. The company helped me become a confident individual and developed various skills including, time management, confidence, motivation, teamwork and customer service. We were are a family and I have made many great friends who I still keep in touch with even after leaving. Through my studies the company went above and beyond to support me offering to give me experience in there HQ as well as transferring to other stores. I would recommend this job to anyone!

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Hours varied each week.

A fun workplace

Pizza Hut was a great place to work. Keeping your own tips made the hard-working, stressful shifts very worth it. Sometimes the shifts were very challenging depending on circumstances but it was always worth it in the end.

Pros

Free food, keep tips

Cons

Long, stressful shifts

Terible

The worst job I ever had. was given 15 hours digital training to be completed at home unpaid and no hands on training. the GM was a spineless bully who premoted litraly the worst people who loved intimidating the younger waitresses to tears. Newport spytty retail park

Pros

Cons

Bullys terible management

Very poor place to work

Don’t bother working here. Over worked for very little pay. No thanks from management for working hard.Managers don’t care about you . It’s all negative, never get told about the good stuff, only when you are failing at something. Pay is appalling for what we have to do. Always understaffed and no help from managers to fix the problem

Cons

No work/life balance. Poor management. Understaffed

Pizza hut

Excellent place to work, we are like a family there. Very fast paced and stressful at times but I thrive on that. Great place to start as your 1st job. It offers lots of opportunity for team members to have their say and is very well organised company.

Good but could be better

Good great environment great staff. area manager always in hand to help with any issues. Clean and organised place to work. Always setting targets and healthy competitons

Pros

Everyday is different

Not great

Management very poor, no work ethic. Staff not supported. No appraisals. Staff left to do their own thing with some micromanagement. At least you get to eat the food here for free (anything).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut Restaurants UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement