Pizza Hut Restaurants UK
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Pizza Hut Restaurants UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom180 reviews

Fast Pasted, Stressful when busy, make some amazing friends

I've been working for Pizza Hut for 3 years now and my over all experience is average and what you would expect from hospitality. Customers can be very rude however some are very kind and friendly. Managers have no back bone and never stick up for staff when be bing screamed at by customers because in their eyes it is your fault not the customers because "the customer is always right" and it's always about the review and feedback they care more about and not the well-being of their staff. Pay is poor and can't be lived on but is good for a student living at home and you are massively under paid for the poo you have to deal with and things managers make you to do . No bonus or rewords given for any job well done, benefits are also poor only really get discount off food 25% off dine in and 50% off takeaway. Can be given long hours but in my experience they do what is called a split and give you usually 30 hour - hour between shifts however not always the case could work 7 hours with no break or refused a break because they are "too busy" which happened to me and break free meal is a tiny kids pizza or side of fries or tiny garlic bread, not really ideal to keep you going. Management doesn't care about your needs and does nothing about problems you have in the work place. And you don't get to be ill either they moan that they have to find someone else to do your shift if you ring in sick, there's never any empathy. company standards are a load of poo. On a positive note you meet some amazing people and I have made some really good mates working here the staff really do make the -

Pros

free kids pizza, discount on food, staff members

Cons

long hours, very stressful, under paid, Management sucks

Stressful, only good if you like feeling undervalued.

Was awful job with managers who were disrespectful and creepy. They expected too much for too little pay, very demanding and gave zero respect for work-home life balance. There was no support for training or development within the company, most managers were barely trained themselves. It was a very immature work experience with managers who would dictate hours based off their moods. There was no consideration for breaks, they did not want to follow their company policies and berated people for requesting the breaks that they were entitled to have. Maybe work here if you enjoy drama or inappropriate managers.

Pros

Free lunches.

Cons

Long hours, inexperienced management, disrespectful managerial relationships, lack of training and inadequate pay.

I worked here before the store unfortunately closed it's doorsDespite being often hard work I enjoyed working with great colleagues and brilliant managers. Tips were great until they introduced the mobile ordering/ cashless ordering. Few and far between since then but I stayed because of the flexibility and the fun we would have on shifts.

Pros

Some tips, Free lunch, Flexability

Cons

Self service areas can be hard to keep on top off when restaurant is full, Tips aren't what they used to be pre covid, Mobile ordering system is annoying

Flexible work hours.

It's not a bad place to work if you have the right team. As the customers aren't always great so having that support can make the difference. Be expected to sometimes miss out on social events you want to go to.

Pros

Free food on breaks

Cons

Working after your rota finish, though you are paid for it.

Low pay and no chance to work upwards

Flexible.No other benefits.Low performers allowed to do as they please so long as they don't get complaints.Someone who has worked there for a long time makes the same hourly rate as a new employee.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Uncertain hours. Awful pay.

Friendly job, awesome people, naff pay and benefits.

It’s a standard minimum wage job, the rotas aren’t always well planned for someone who really needs the money. If you just want a bit of income on the side, it’s an awesome job, with some great people, go elsewhere for a proper source of income.

Pros

Free food on breaks. Free food to take home. Relaxed environment.

Cons

Minimum everything (wage, breaks, etc…)

Good place to work while a student

Worked hard, whilst at college, treated fairly. No problems really. Supportive managers. Uniform was okay. Staff were nice. Ultimately I should have spent more time studying but that's hindsight for you.

Pros

Pizza on your break.

Cons

Can get busy at times. Alot of food ends up on the floor in the restaurant. Tips.

Good experience overall.

Had a great time there with good support from management. A typical day at work was always stressful because the restaurant was always busy. Workplace culture was quite competitive.

Avoid at all costs

Worked with this company for almost 4 years and we’re constantly short staffed and over worked. If you ask for 30 hours a week you’ll be given 50. Full time staff will be expected to pick up after everyone regardless of what they have going on in their personal lives. They make you cancel important medical appointments to come in and work and only guarantee you to have one day off a year which is Christmas Day.

Pros

• Free kids meal for lunch • Team mates make the shift

Cons

• Long hours • Antisocial hours • No time off for full time staff

Ok for students

Can't live off this job and isn't very secure at the moment due to covid. The staff are fun but head office don't care for their employees. And wage is horrible. Working with customers can always be difficult

Pros

Staff

Cons

Wage, Hours aren't fixed. Management can be lazy

Ok place to work.

Part time job for me. I work in a full time job. So this is just part time. I like the tips and I like the fact that it's a free pizza every forth night payment too.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Little hours

Easy Part Time Job

Great management team and colleagues. Min wage but get decent tips and troncs. Good shift patterns for someone still at school. Very generous when it comes to holidays and time off.

Forget your weekends

I must admit I'm grateful to pizza hut as I made great friends, but it's not possible to survive there.I was given a 30 hour contract that was rarely followed. The money made it almost impossible for me to live. I worked every weekend so couldn't go out with my friends.It's hard work on weekends breaks rarely given. But my fellow employees were amazing.The management had their favourites am others had to work hard whole the favourites could mess around.I wouldn't recommend to anyone looking for a long term job but perfect for short term.

Pros

Free food, great friendships

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, awful pay

Would not recommend to anyone who is over 25

The training program is great if you decide to step up, but the work is hard and getting harder constantly as the company is cutting COS. Less people on shifts as the time goes, but the work still has to be done correctly and in time. The extra work because of Covid made it even harder as the person set to do it is never scheduled due to COS. Had no time to go to the toilet and so on. I would not recommend this company to anyone over 25. Pay is a joke, national minimum wage, shift managers get paid £10.20/h for all that work required to be done. Just stay away.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay, hard work, stressful.

Fun and fast paced

Fun place to be welcoming staff supportive management. Busy because of all the activities in the area free lunch is provided by the company great place to work and be a costumer.

Pros

Free lunch

Just don't

Always said pizza hut was the worst job iv ever had ended up being depressed by the time i left. Never enough staff on a busy friday or Saturday night or on a close. Some nights wouldn't leave till gone 1am then expected back in 9 hours later. Only perk was the discounted pizza. Breaks only got a small kids pizza to eat. Always 3 people in the kitchen one doing potwash for the whole restaurant one making the pizza and 1 cutting inbetween those had to prep for the next day which made the close harder for the 2 people left at the end of the night.Will never go back

Cons

Long hours and not enough rest inbetween shifts

Deputy/shift manager

My training was rushed when i started resulting in many gaps in my knowledge. When you are salaried, ie deputy and above at store level you dont have a home restaurant. When i was deputy manager i was moved all over merseyside. When i dropped down to shift which was hourly paid rather than salary, i could opt to stay in one restaurant and i couldnt be moved. It is a really decent company to work for, i had a great time over 6 years.

Pros

The teams you work with.

Cons

Small management teams, lack of cover for sickness/holidays

If you survive Pizza Hut you will survive everything

spent over 14 years in different stores, on different positions, FOH, BOH, expert trainer, Manager. always short staff, working back to back shifts (day shift, night shift and another day opening)never again !!!

Pros

nice ppl work there

Cons

long hours, no breaks when is busy, always short staff

Busy work place, lots youngsters, easy work but busy. Low pay.

No real. Initial training given just a few instructions and found out rest along the way. Not informed about mobile app for deliveries charges or car business insurance charges or uniform charges taken Directly from wages. This should all be disclosed at interview stage. Many younger staff preparing food not in aporopriate wear for food prep environment, some without face masks. No hair coverings. Normal clothes worn. One came in riding boots once! When manager (who is good) absent more chaos and poor practices. Language and attitude of supervisors, Ast mgrs are very cavalier and rude. Give preferable drops to favourites.Rota done day before the week it relates toStaff not suitably distanced in work area during this time, no real covid related practices in place. Domino's have screen between prep areas and everything looks immaculately clean and staff spaced well... they have nothing like this at pizza hut.

Pros

Easy job, 50% off pizza, lovely colleagues, nice manager.

Cons

Variable hours, low pay (minimum wage) and rota created last minute.

Stressful but also a good community of staff

I worked here for a short period of time and found it to be a good job, with a relaxed environment, however some issues did include things like, as i was 16 at the time, the management were reluctant to give me more than 15 hours a week when i had asked for around 20+ and were regularly giving me 8 hours a week while giving the hours to those who were older than me. The pay was poor and i started at £5 an hour, when i knew those who were older than me were on more money. I couldn’t work out why as we did the same job. The environment was good and the food was excellent and you regularly got free food and drinks, which was great. However, management could be lazy and did not help out as often as they should, and some regularly spent 30-45 minutes on their phone doing nothing in the office while we were busy out the front. It is not a great job for those who want a stable job or hours as they change week to week and would be more suited to those who want a few hours here and there.

Pros

Free food, a lot of free food. Fun environment, sometimes

Cons

Poor management and unequal and unfair pay and hours.

WorkPlace

It’s the worst place I ever work, they make my life imposible, they don’t give breaks when is busy, any team member that has a good relationship with the manager thinks that is the boss.

Pros

All the pros:

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut Restaurants UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

Compare Pizza Hut Restaurants UK with

• Pizza Hut Restaurants UK
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?