Pizza Hut

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good job, but poor management

A typical day at work: ensured that orders reached out safely to customers; discovered proper routes to customers after understanding and reading maps, and remembering them; assured that back store is cleaned up, the drinks and refreshments are in the refrigerator and the food boxes are prepared to be delivered in the front of the store. Workplace culture was bad because some managers didn't care too much about the employers and they preferred to change them regularly.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Poor management, long hours

Limited training and other staff not helpful

The working environment was unfair and colleagues weren't helpful often ignoring questions and using their phones. Managers were just as bad and didn't help with any training or offer support when necessary.

low pay and long hours

I was paid the minimum and did long stressful hours usually understaffed. This made it frustrating to work and impossible to have a sick day without being frowned upon.

Easy tasks but extremely fast paced.

Everything is very simple there are very clear instructions about how to do things but it is a very stressful job when the restaurant is understaffed. Found myself training new starts despite only starting 2 weeks before them.

Horrible. Expected to devote your life to the company.

Was okay for a few months and then it seems you are in Pizza Hut more than your own home. Paid pennies for doing the jobs of 3 people while only receiving a single 20 minute break on a 9 hour shift.

Pros

Cons

Toxic environment, over worked, horrible pay.

Culture is followed

I love pizzahut tgey see the best in me and my job the see the talent that i have in me considers my thoughts and my opinion they dont micro manage they let managers to decide and to do the right for the stores they handle

Not the best but not the worst

They are supportive of family life and are keen to keep staff well trained and productive. Quite often we were sent home from shift when the shift was not busy, but then we lost pay. Not the best place I’ve worked, but not the worst by a long stretch.

Pros

Free lunch, tips

Cons

No real job progression

Very busy and fast paced

Managers and team members really made my experience the best it could have been. Was consistently challenged and enjoyed the feedback from managers. Didn't have too unrealistic expectations for my performance while maintaining brand standards. Overall pretty good, but don't expect to slack off here as there will always be something to do.

Pizza Hut

The job itself isn't difficult at any level, can be very busy and hectic at times with a few "difficult" customers. Work life balance is terrible and if your any good at your job you'll end up being used and abused for every difficult shift. Some people's ridiculous availability leaves those without stuck on all the antisocial shifts. Staff meals consist of a child's pizza... and that's it. Majority of the managers treat the team badly, bot all of them but the majority. All the good managers leave as they are stuck with the worse shifts all the time.

Pros

The people

Cons

Long Hours, terrible work life balance, low pay, ect.

Really great team

Loves the team and management. The pay wasn’t the best as it was minimum wage. You got free pizza for every shift that you worked more than 5 hours for.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Pay wasn’t great

Stressful and taken advantage of

They expect you to pick up the extra slack of not getting in more staff to pick up the fast paced environment and don’t pay the wage that you should be getting for the specific role your doing in my case shift manager might as well stayed as a driver and earn the same money without the added stress

Over worked

Long hours and over worked Not enough staff No breaks No life outside the work place Recommend for students and people who dont want to stay for long

Pizza hut Leigh-on-Sea

Very nice work setting, free drink and food. The atmosphere is great and the people get on well with each other. You don't feel the pressure even when it's very busy. I'm enjoying be there and on top of that tips can be very handy.

Pros

Free food, flexible hours

Cons

Price of petrol is going up and so far no update on delivery package compensation money

stressful and not fun

I've been working at pizza hut for roughly 10 months to a year.You'll get abused by customers nearly everyday. There's more work than what you get paid for and barely any support if you need it while working as you'll be understaffed.

Can be fun ,get to meet a lot of nice people

Say paid breaks but never get .Manager always late to his shift.Not a manager at all more a crew hand as not enough staff .Expect everyone to work hard

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Never time to take your paid break

Good Job

The Job was alright, but not many hours available. Good co-workers and lots of free food. The milage pay could have been a bit better but it wasn't the worst.

Hours, pay and people

When i worked for this company i did not feel welcome at all over the time i worked there i felt very alienated the managers play favourites with members of staff they treat you like a piece of poo on the floor if you have not worked there since it opened they do not even look your way or help you improve in your work it is all figure it out yourself they never stick to your contracted hours you go to work and it is mostly wasted journeys because if they are not busy they send you home after 2 or 3 hours you have started your shift also the amount of jobs they give you if you are on your own is not for one person to do they make you answer the door, do takeaway, clear tables within 3 minutes , do bar work , run food and drinks Pros:Free pizza on breakFree refillable drinks on shiftCons: Rubbish hoursShort shifts Wasted journeysManagersAmount of work you have to do if you are on your own

Amazing place to work

Staff are all friendly, everyone works as a team. The company puts its employees first, happy team = happy customers. It’s a really nice place to work and would recommend to everyone.Even when it’s stressful because of miscommunication and mistakes are made, everyone works together to sort it out. Cash tips are for the server to keep, and card/online tips are shared between everyone who was on shift including kitchen staff. It is minimum wage, but sometimes it doesn’t even feel like work if you’re having fun with everyone and getting stuff done as a team. Non clicky team aswell, everyone is a big friend group including managers. Love it!!!

Fun workplace

this was my first job and honestly found it so fun! the staff i worked with were so friendly and as well as the managers. it really felt like a family

bad place to work

management don’t care, long shifts, no breaks, minimum wageall managers care about is the job there’s no team work whatsoever and everyone’s in it for themselves, terrible place to work

Standard first time job

Pretty standard for a first time job. You’re going to be working some unsociable hours but that’s to be expected. Minimum wage but tips were ok if you worked hard. Good place to work as a teenager to take your first step into the job world.

Pros

Food on breaks

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Pizza Hut with

• Pizza Hut
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?