Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Paid minimum wage however after every shift you have chose between receiving a medium pizza, wedges or garlic bread. Flexible hours allow you to rework your schedule to your needs.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
dealing with customers
I was there for nearly a year and most nights I would go home crying because the manager was such an awful person, the job itself was decent but the pay was awful for what I was doing, if you apply for this job just know you’re gonna work with a horrible manager get treated badly by customers and staff and the pay won’t even make it any better.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, awful customers, rude staff
Pizza Huts environment isn’t great and they treat their staff very unfairly. I personally feel like I do so much for the company as well as working in reception but get paid the minimum.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not enough hours, not paid enough
It was always hot and they had no air con so I was working whilst sweating around food. They would always pick up dropped food and use that in the pizza and it was such a terrible experience.
Pros
Cons
The job
Working there was a nightmare my pay was horrible I didn’t have the hours I needed for a 17/18 year old some co workers had no respect towards customers or other workers and I hated that
I was young when working here so got only ÂŁ4.05 an hour which I'm sure was minimum this was only a couple of years ago. Sometimes it can be fairly fast paced but it's not difficult work. When its quiet you will probably just fold pizza boxes. When I was there we got a free pizza every shift not sure if that's changed now though.
I have only worked there after collage for a few hours as I was underage. Sadly I had to quit as my manager could not give me more hours as it was requested.
Depending on what role that you do, working at Pizza Hut can be kinda easy. Once you’re used to what your job role is. Working at Pizza Hut is all about customer service as you’re dealing with communicating with the public most of the day.
the place of work was productive with tasks being completed on time. the workplace was fun and creative in a way that you don't get bored of doing your work.
If looking for first job will be great, or if you have other commitments it'd be great! Managers play nice to get you in the Change their tune after a few weeks, if you're good at one thing in the company be assured you'll be doing that for the time you're there, don't really like teaching you new things.
In a few words, the management was horrible. The manager never wanted to speak to the customers and the other workers there would always talk down to the customers. I, as the receptionist, had to deal with the aftermath of their poor communication skills. Deliveries were always 2-3 hours behind, divers could care less if the customers received their food and the manager came straight out of training to manage the store because the area manager was a close personal friend of hers. My salary was awful and they continued to lie about what I had to do in order for it to increase. I would highly recommend no one to work here. Even when co-workers were injured they would talk behind their backs, some of the people there were lovely, but the majority were and still are truly despicable.
Pros
other than the free food? None whatsoever
Cons
Worked there for 5 months, mostly nice workers, some a bit nasty, but poor management, stupidness, not long hour shifts and minimum wage🙄 so you literally never get paid a lot. So had to go look for a better job to survive, but not bad for people doing college along the side.
keeping things very professional is important. the jobs are easy and simple and can be done quickly on a regular day however when it gets busy it can be quite hectic. for receptionist role you. need to learn the computer system and learn to interact with customers and be comfortable with this as you will be doing your entire shift. receptionist shifts start at 5pm onwards. the pay is minimum wage.
Pros
medium pizza at end of shift
Cons
management is very poorly
I would work during the weekends at Pizza Hut delivery so there was a lot of demand that the team performs to a great and consistent standard throughout the shifts, and I believe this has allowed me to meet the urgency that my employers will expect of me.
Working at pizza hut made me learn that not everywhere is going to treat you fairly/ equally. A typical day at pizza hut; the work is scrambled and unorganized, the employees were rude and mainly male. Out of a work force of almost 20, there was only 3 girls - one being myself and the other the arial manager. The management was awful and only really knew how to sexually harrass customers and employees. Once reported, you're more ambushed with office chats with the person who harrrassed you. The work place culture just left you deflated, uninspired, and depressed. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep a smile for the customers, the work life was so hectic and demotivating and the employers made it difficult to want to come into work, they made it a poor work place.
Cons
While working for a few weeks, things very along alright with the staff communicating, but there are some issues with keeping everything together and being organised, it can be stressful working around time and working as a team is important, but there could be ways to improve management
Pros
Fair break times
Cons
Not very organised in the workplace
I worked on reception, the job at first was really good, it’s a good first job as it teaches you to deal with customers but my main concern is some managers do not care, my main manger was really good and would help when you needed it. However, one shift manager (the main one who was there when I would be working ) was unhelpful and would leave you in situations with no help and was incredibly rude to customers. He was also incredibly inappropriate to female staff members. Me and the other girl who worked in the front would receive messages (inappropriate Ones) and comments throughout our time working there. The other girl actually reported it but nothing was done and they do not take staff complaints seriously at all.
Pros
Gives good first experience
Cons
Late shifts, pay is minimum and management are terrible
all managers and others staff speak in their own language and aren't weary that there are others around. people that work fulltime are more valued than staff who work part-time but other than this everyone's communication with each other when its time to work is great.
Pros
free lunch
Workplace was decent however, customers always gave bad reputation because of other managers having arguments with the customers. Workplace didn't really feel safe as everyone spoke in one language which wasn't even English so i didn't really feel comfortable
Pros
free food
Cons
bad reputation from customers
not the best place to work as the hours are not long enough also the pay isnt so good. the goof thing is that you get 50% off food which is a reason i stayed bevause i love pizza
I didn't get the food that I was supposed to benefit from, I received barely any training so I was basically put on the spot and under pressure, horrible pay, and very unorganized hours.