Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews for Team Member

It’s a good job to do, they’re flexible with when you work. Salary is minimum wage but you do a lot for that. There was one time when it came to pay day and I hadn’t been paid so I waited a few days and spoke to other people asking if they’ve been paid and they had so I spoke to the lead manager and she immediately spoke to the owner and I was paid which was good management. Depending on the shift/day/time depended on what you do and how much you do. Prep is quite easy to do. If it’s a quite shift it can get really boring and you won’t have anything to do. I suggest making friends with everyone who works there as I didn’t as I was 15/16 when I worked there and very socially awkward. It helps to have people to talk to. Good job to have.
Pros
Free medium pizza/side if you worked 6 hours and 50% discount for takeaway and 25% restaurant.
Cons
Long boring hours when not busy
Very unfair pay and tend to under pay every single time. Do not work there if you are under 18 you will be given lots of hours for unfair pay. No masks and it was covid.
Pros
Met new people, free pizza
Cons
Bad pay
The pay at Pizza hut is minimum wage therefore anyone under 25 gets paid really poorly. They tend to hire younger people (for example school leavers) to save money as minimum wage is pitiful for them. When the managers were given instructions of things that needed to be done, rather than help out themselves, they would tell the person already doing 3 jobs to do it. All in all I wouldn't recommend working here at all.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor pay
Was manageable but maybe would recommend to someone if an older age as pay for minimum doesn’t cover much. vet friendly atmosphere and you learn a lot of skills.
Pros
The skills you build
Cons
The pay
few good managers, mostly not. pay is bad, if you cant make tips then you will not be well off. A shift with a bad manager is very hard and staff is always having to come in after someone calls in sick.
I enjoyed working here a lot, it was fun more than anything because of the people I worked with and the hours were also amazing. they were very acceptable with giving you time off when you needed it but were also on top of making your work frequently.
i enjoy working in the kitchen and at first but i found it wasnt for me, it got very hard and stressful but there was a lot of support in the company.
Did you know pizza hut takes on volunteers too? Only when it's busy? Like a comic con does but with nothing in return for the said so "volunteer". Yeah. I didn't knew too. I had no training. Worked for four hours for free. I had to have one hour trial. But i never had it, my work there wasn't a one hour training, and i definitely wasn't explained much of the job. Don't recommend it to anyone. They don't give you a chance and don't bother to give you the promised training. And then they blame you for not knowing what to do. I think they just didn't wanna bother with me. They made me stay while it was busy to do the dirty job for them. So i went for an interview where the maneger knew it was my first job. He said i should go on Monday. Then Monday morning he said i shouldn't go since i didn't send all my documents through whatsapp? I don't remember him telling me to send my documents thorugh an app?? Like he didn't gave me his number or said that? But alright whatever. So I went two days later. They gave me shirt and showed me around. As for the job, they showed me where are the salad bars and that they should always be full. The refigeretor with the food. From where to take the dirty plates and where to put the clean ones. That's it. Thing was though, i was "promised" and supposed to take an online training for four hours. And be shown how to be a host for another four. There was no training. When i asked for that they said when the manager comes at 12 at noon. (It was 11am and he never showed up.) The first hour i asked a few times what should i do. They said it wasn't - more...
£4.35 an hour to work in a kitchen. I understand that I am 16 and have little to no experience but I am still a very good worker, I handed in my weeks notice about a week after working there because the amount of work I was expected to do compared to the wages were ridiculous. Laughable, even. Staff are friendly, managers were also very nice. The environment is fast paced but it isn't an awful place to work in if everyone is pulling their weight. If the pay was better I would not have quit so soon.
Working at Pizza Hut delivery St. Helens is a horrible place to work as the managers do not care about staff safety or take care of their staff. I would not recommend.
- As a first job it’s fine and it’s pretty flexible for students. - At first it seems like a relatively easy and easy-going job but management expect an awful lot from you each shift and to be honest they expect more from you than you’d ever get paid there. - They make it seem like Pizza Hut should come before anything and everything else in your life and if it doesn’t then you’re not taking one for the team. - They under staff shifts far too regularly and then expect miracles. And somehow you’re slacking despite doing your best, all because they’re under staffing. - They have a rota but you can’t make any plans for at least an hour after your shift ends because they will make excuses as to why you can’t leave. - I have been guilt tripped on multiple occasions to stay later even after I’ve stated that I NEED to go home and then they take forever to cash you off or ask for you to stay until they’ve finished some manager jobs (that take 30-60mins sometimes even longer) or until you’ve completed a long list of things that are the responsibility of the next shift worker. - Even when you’ve done all you can and they know that you have to catch the last train home (30 minutes away) or have pay for a taxi which would be half of your salary, they’ll still keep you. - The pay is awful and with the new fast casual getting more popular, tips are few and far between! - Have been treated poorly by management team who care little about how you are / how you’re feeling. Have been looked down on by management too who think they’re better than you. - Have requested days off more - more...
Pros
Fellow team members, free pizza
Cons
Don’t get paid enough for what they expect, long hours
I didn't like to work at pizza hut even if it was a fairly good start for me to get to know how things going on in a workplace. I don't recommend pizza hut.
Pros
free lucnhes
Cons
very stressful and not safe
It is is an okay place to work, no guarantee of hours. benefits not good
Pros
free pizza
Cons
no guarantee of hours
Manager was terrible, made it impossible to work there. A few other coworkers were nice, however. Only benefit was worse than the deals already put on. (We got 50% off but there were better deals on.) Also the manager couldnt keep his relationship problems at home, as there were two managers and they were dating, and they even cheated on each other in store during work hours.
Pros
A few nice coworkers
Cons
Really short hours (normally 2 hours 30 minutes per shift)
I went for an ‘interview’ for the job at Pizza Hut in heckmondwike turns out it was a trial which I wasn’t aware of until I got there and I didn’t get paid! He then told me 3 days after I got the job in which I did my first shift and I haven’t been back for another shift! It’s been 6 weeks and although I got paid for that one shift he never let me know about an other but I received messages from other people that work there to tell me that other people have been in and working. Biggest time wasters going, shifts are unreliable and you don’t get paid for training.
Pros
Money’s minimum wage
Cons
Everything else
days can be hot or cold in terms of how busy it can be, one day you get battered the next your bored out your mind, the hardest part of the job is picking up after inexperienced members of the team, through no fault their own just pizza hut always hire young
Pros
Free food and flexible hours
Cons
The rgm was terrible. I only stayed cos the deputy was a great manager. You know what they say one bad manager can ruin a team. Everyone was very friendly and fun to work with. Lots of cleaning involved due to being kitchen. Fast paced and very busy..................
Pros
Free food
Cons
Arrogant manager
The job Doesnt pay very well only pays minimum wage which isnt much for someone under 18 which pays £4.20 a hour. the job gives more jobs then one given to you
unprepared for majority of days understaffed didnt really control anything had to borrow stock nearly every day arguments slow to react to orders bad management
Pros
discount
Cons
no lunch break
I've worked at Pizza Hut for 4 years. I was a team member, then a team leader and soon progressed to a support manager. Along the years i became a Acting Restaurant General Manager. I've learnt a lot in management and taking care of a team of people. Making sure the culture at the workplace is pleasant at all times, the restaurant is working smoothly, taking complaints into account and problem solving at all times. The hardest part of the job was making sure things still ran smoothly during busy periods. I enjoyed learning new processes and meeting a wide variety of people every day.
Pros
flexible timing, progression opportunities
Cons
pressure during busy times
the pizza hut i worked at had the most friendliest welcoming people , they taught me everything , without any pressure , they would help you if you need help .