Pizza Hut

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Lots of tips

Nice company lots of free pizza nice staff to work with customers very happy to see driver lots of shifts no overtime paid on time can go for Manager if you want

This is an optimal job for a part-time role only.

This is an optimal job for a part-time role while studying, however any more and it would not be in your best interest. There is little benefits, I receive no discount for any products i wished to purchase and management played favourites often.

Pros

Good team to work with

Cons

poor pay, manager pays favourites too.

Best for 2nd income only

If you want to make some extra cash than definitely go for it. Friday and Saturday is must, work is easy, take order, make pizza, box pizza. If work is quite than cleaning starts.

Pros

Free food Flexible

Cons

Minimum wage

Not a team building place

The management ruined my whole experience in the Piccadilly store.I complained to head office a few times who just never got back to me.As an overall the job was ok and tips was good but a good day depended on the management running the shift.

Pros

One small free pizza on shift, unlimited refills on shift

Cons

Rubbish management, no support even from the top, long hours

Only good thing was being entitled to free food on shift and the other drivers and two of the shift managers that were great to get along with.

Don’t work here as a driver. Spend more money on fuel than you make back on commission for Deliverys. I worked at the one in Blackwood and sometimes got sent over 5 miles for one delivery which you would get 1.50 for or £1 for anything under 3 miles. Asked what days you can work and end up piling more on you knowing you have this set time off to sort other things. General manager is just a nightmare.

Pros

Free food when working. Few people who make the place enjoyable to be.

Cons

Long hours. Minimum pay. Spend a third of your wages on fuel. Slam miles on your car.

Not appreciated at all

No appreciation from management, don’t get paid enough for the stress you have to go through day to day, if not busy enough you won’t start, therefore won’t be paid and could be sitting around for 1+ hours

Pros

Free food on shift

Cons

Awful management No appreciation Long hours Too much stress

day to day work can be varied.wanted to progress within the job but was put off from doing so by management.

varied tasks given.Learnt a lot about a customer facing role and customer service.Management was forceful and not very supportive.hardest part of the job is dealing with staff that are rude and inconsiderate.

Over all it was a very nice and lovely experience. I learnt a lot while working with Pizza Hut.

I really enjoyed this job. Flexible working hours, friendly colleagues and much more.specially annual get together party for dining out in a restaurant will remain unforgettable for all the colleagues .

Pros

Free lunches, flexible hours, nice environment to work and very friendly team of colleagues.

Cons

Long hours, food deliveries in freezing nights.

Grossly incompetant

Management have zero comprehension of health and safety matters, poor knowledge of food hygiene and poor knowledge of employment rights.Expect to be paid holiday - nopeExpect a work break - nopeExpect to work for free - yesExpect to be reprimanded for following food hygiene regs - yes Expect to have your hours cut when you question above mentioned items - yesExpect to have a revolving door for leaving/new staff - yesIt seems that the general employment pool is from students who they exploit as much as humanely possible.

Pros

It's better than being made homeless

Cons

At least the other delivery drivers and instore staff are good colleagues

Bad

Nothing much t say about this company a lot of work for a miserable pay rate . shifts changed without any notice , staff rude . no support !but you get free meals

Pros

free meals

Cons

Unfair pay

Fast paced and stressful

Had an amazing time working in the Pizza Hut delivery store initially. The in store crew and management were amazing, helpful supportive and friendly. Spent a year on make table with no sign of progression, working through the pandemic especially the initial lock down was intense and stressful, no thank you or appreciation from higher ups but the moral from the instore crew managed to stay high and I enjoyed it, My problems came when I accepted a management role, no training just put on a shift given the keys and left too it and was pretty much learning from my mistakes. Only feedback was naturally what I was doing wrong. Never received the promised pay rise and your pretty much the scape goat for anything that goes wrong as you spend your shift running between stations. I’m not work shy but it’s draining. Not a bad company to work for like any place it depends on the crew you have and I was lucky to have an amazing team, just think twice before taking on a higher position.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours no breaks in busy evening services

Awful

Overworked, underpaid, treated poorly no work-life balance . “Managers” will sit around all day but tell you off for relaxing for 1 second despite no breaks given. Hours cut without warning and they will underpay you on purpose and claim they did not. No money for mobile data NEEDED for the job or for petrol. No benefits or bonuses at all. No training given but expected to get on with the job good straight away. Unprofessional environment and awful culture

Pros

Free food

Cons

Bad parking poor management treated unfairly

Stressful

Was excited to work here after doing care work for almost a yearBut after 2 weeks, I had a severe mental breakdown because the job itself was extremely stressfulI got told to do things a certain way, however I often got told off for doing it that way multiple timesI was often made to do a million and one things and my head could not cope anymoreI was dreading my shift due to the fact, I was no longer happy thereI've got nothing against the company, I just wish training was taken more seriously and not thrown in the deep end basically straight away

Pros

Breaks after working 6 hours

Cons

Long Hours, Training Wasn't Taken Seriously

Little pay and short shifts. Boring and repetitive. Lots of managers

Got no skills but need somewhere to be employed at?This cold be the place for you. They always looking for new staff and the typical duration of newcomers is 2 to 3 months while they find anywhere else.

Pros

Occasional tips, and you can do your shipping while out delivering.

Cons

Shifts won't have a defined finish time sometimes.

Fun working environment

I were only young when I worked here,the staff made me feel welcome to the team and i made some great friends. A great work place that is busy and customer focused.

Pros

Free drinks and lunch

Cons

Low pay at the time

Ok for side job

The position I applied for was driving however I first noticed when I started it isn't simply just driving. Everyone is expected to muck in and help which I don't have a problem with however there are some suspects who think it's a jolly and don't help out and some people do get shafted.Management are fair, you then up to shift and reliable they will give you hours within reason. Negative:Dragon drive app is the biggest con going especially for the workers. When I first started pen and paper old fashioned way I use to average 25/30 miles and around 10-15 drops. Since dragon drive came into force I noticed my drops significantly fell to around 8-12 and mileage shot up to around 40-50.Milage money is way off inflation as it currently stands which is £1 per drop. On a cheap efficient small engine 1 mile = 15p but sometimes I would have to travel 4 miles there and 4 miles back to customer causing me to have to dip into my own pocket and deliver pizza. Milage need to increase with inflation which I calculate at a fair £1.50 per drop. Fat chance of that increasing!

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Dragon drive, Milage and 0h contract for those wanting full time employment

Pizza Hut Coventry- worse place to work at

The management is one of the worst I have ever seen. You do not have the opportunity to express yourself, to pitch in ideas, to personally contribute with anything. There's no recognition for hard work, no one takes seriously any complains or issues you might have. There is a serious abuse of power within the management. Pay is low and you can have a kids meal if you work more than 6 hours in a day. That's if you have the time to take your break.

Pros

No pros

Don’t even apply

Honestly I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst nightmare! I wouldn’t work for this company even if they paid double my hourly rate. Most depressing company to work for, they don’t give a toss about the staff it’s all money money money.

Pros

No pro’s what so ever!

Cons

Bad management, understaffed all the time, bad pay, drivers earn more than shift manager

Awful Pay & Terrible Management

Worst job I’ve ever had, they expect you to know what your doing without no training or interview, first day I was put straight on the till with no help.Managers are rude and expect you to devote your whole life to Pizza Hut even though your being paid the bare minimum, not worth the stress for the amount paid.

Pros

Cons

Awful Pay & Management

You will be over worked and have no life

Will lie every chance they get to help there needs will not take your needs into account don't value there staff what so ever waste of my time for just over a year

Its fun working for pizza hut, lots of adcacancement opportunities

It's a good job, plenty to learn and advance, culture at work is good, people are lively so that makes job easier. Job is easy as everything has a set standard so you just follow the routine.

Pros

Free lunches and other discounts

Cons

Unsocial working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

8.8K