PK Education logo
PK Education

PK Education Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Workplace

Vet good place to work, all the Directors and Senior Managers are all very approach.The highlight of the year being the consultants annual awards which involved a team building followed by meal presentation and dance, followed bay a Sunday morning headache.Directors never sit back they are always to improve and grow as a unit.Reliable Company to work for, and your loyalty is never overlooked

Pros

Proactivity of the Directors

Cons

None of anysignificance that I can thing off

Good place to work for

Good company to work for. They work around you and are very flexible. PK are interested in your experience in each setting you are sent to and if you are not happy in a certain place they try there best not to send you there again

Good company

Good communication Friendly staff Lots of work if you ask for it and are flexible Sometimes need to chase up work when times are quiet Take holiday pay as you go, don't wait for lump sum

Poor place to work I complained about bullying but was ignored due to the other person earning more

At first it appears to be a great place to work but once you get past the fake first impressions all they care about is money and if that means supporting bullies because they earn more so be it. Even if it means losing half your workforce. I have ever felt more regraded; belittled or unappreciated in any job as I did with my time at PK education.

Pros

Consistent hours

Cons

Poorly run company

Don’t recommend

Worked with the Leeds branch and as much as I loved it at the beginning, I can honestly say they have their drawbacks. Horrible agency don’t register with them. They only pick candidates they like and try to get their own commission by ripping candidates off. Go to another agency! Stay away! Neil in particular only cares about filling his own pockets and doesn’t pay accordingly. Better agencies out there don’t waste your time .

oportunity to return to Teaching

As a teacher, I understood that education is a major factor in the development of human personality, human character and that children need to be modeled from early childhood in order to grow safely in the spirit of freedom, honesty and respect for oneself and others. Because I have worked like Teacher in Romania and in the UK as a Teaching Assistant, Cover Supervisor and Cover Teacher in various schools, I had the opportunity to hold not only Art lessons, but also Humanities, Geography, Religious Education, History and even Science.

great management team to work with

Great team to work with always great work and learning opportunities with PK Always offered great working environments and local convenient opportunities have undertaken great roles so far.

Good company to work for

The consultant found me a long term placement that suited my circumstances and experience. Good level of communication. I feel I can speak to them if their are any issues.

Pros

Good communication

Cons

Pay outsourcing

little work offered

Promise of full time work but little offered. Office staff seem poor at passing messages on and communicating with each other . On the plus side ,they are very supportive when you are working in a school .

Useful for short term, but not much opportunity for permanent work

Like most agencies, the work is usually on day-to-day or short term contracts. While this is useful, as it allows for some freedom to accept or turn down contracts, I can't say I've had a lot of opportunities for permanent placements. I feel that the staff try their best, but in the years I've worked here there has not been so much as an interview.

Jobs at PK Education

See more jobs

Flexbile

PK Education is very flexible, enables the employee to work around other priorities. PK Education provides a large number of opportunities for work. The company was very supportive when I first started and has been consistent throughout.

Pros

Able to tell the company when your available, not set times and days.

Cons

Sometimes work is asked with very short notice. However, this is out of the companies control.

Very good agency

The best agency I have experienced. They always offer you plenty of work and make you feel a valued member of their agency. The staff who work there are very polite and accommodating of your needs too.

Pros

Good communication

Cons

Pay outsourcing

Work unreliable

Communication between staff unreliable when leaving messages for others, so messages do not get passed on. Supply not kept up to speed with whats going on. Pestered to work in areas where you have not qualified ie SEN. Came across other supply staff in settings who were unhappy due to not getting the correct amount of pay, I agree. Not reliable enough to find you work. Would not recommend using for supply work. However, all agencies tend to have their favorites.

No work

No work given, one days work in six month left my last job for this. Waste of time, the one days work I done didn’t even cover the money for my DBS. Would not recommend.

Pros

Cons

Waste of time

Best Staff

Amazing people to work with. Always there to help you out. Would always remember the support I get in the beginning of my career. Always easy to ask for work and also provide training which helps you progress.

fun place

thoroughly enjoyed working there. staff are friendly and the work places provided were great to work in. the hardest part was leaving the job itself but i wanted to further my career abit more

Pros

working with amazing people

Cons

work not always available

Great if you use it well

PK Education have been great for me in that it's been a good doorway into gaining experience working in schools and across many different subjects. Before this I was mainly an external PE provider, with an interest in becoming a teacher. One of the biggest benefits for me is that you work as many hours as you're willing to work, and they seem to respect the times you've said you're unavailable. This makes looking after your own children a lot easier in life. PK Education have mentioned CPD in the future, so I can't comment on that as a reality (as it's not something I've been part of yet), but it's a nice promise on the horizon. I can't compare them to other agencies, as this is the only one I've worked with so far, but then perhaps that's a good enough reason in itself. I know of people who are on the books of several agencies to get as much work as possible, but so far I've not had that problem.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

No fixed income

Demanding

Pleasant staff but not knowing when or how often you will be working in any given week is tough. Job advancement opportunities possible on occasion. A typical day at work was frantic - you have to be able to think on your feet and being able to adapt to unforeseen changes is an absolute necessity. The hardest part of my time with P.K. Education was having no idea how much/little I'd be working over the coming weeks and months, and there was no minimum pay or pay for being on call - if you didn't get assigned anywhere, you could go weeks or months without pay. Hardly ideal.

Pros

Expenses (sustenance/travel) paid for

Cons

No guaranteed work/pay at all

The best I've ever worked for!

Following an appalling time with other agencies in Sheffield , PK have been fantastic. Look after them and they'll definitely look after you!

Pros

The best I've worked for.

Cons

None.

Organised and polite atmoshpere

PK Education is a great agency to join as the staff take into consideration the type of work that you want and will try their best to place you in the setting. The staff are very organised and the manager always stays in contact to ensure your well-being.

Pros

Work whenever you want

Cons

Work may not be available at all times.

A great recruitment agency

A typical day involves working a Teaching Assistant to support a variety of students.