PK Education

PK Education Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews

Clear
3.2Pay & benefits

Really caring and good place to work

The staff are very kind and caring, understanding about location and how far to travel. Always had work available, can choose days to work. They check in on you too. See how you are doing.

Pros

Flexible

Good company

Good communication Friendly staff Lots of work if you ask for it and are flexible Sometimes need to chase up work when times are quiet Take holiday pay as you go, don't wait for lump sum

Insights into PK Education

Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Great if you use it well

PK Education have been great for me in that it's been a good doorway into gaining experience working in schools and across many different subjects. Before this I was mainly an external PE provider, with an interest in becoming a teacher. One of the biggest benefits for me is that you work as many hours as you're willing to work, and they seem to respect the times you've said you're unavailable. This makes looking after your own children a lot easier in life. PK Education have mentioned CPD in the future, so I can't comment on that as a reality (as it's not something I've been part of yet), but it's a nice promise on the horizon. I can't compare them to other agencies, as this is the only one I've worked with so far, but then perhaps that's a good enough reason in itself. I know of people who are on the books of several agencies to get as much work as possible, but so far I've not had that problem.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

No fixed income

Demanding

Pleasant staff but not knowing when or how often you will be working in any given week is tough. Job advancement opportunities possible on occasion. A typical day at work was frantic - you have to be able to think on your feet and being able to adapt to unforeseen changes is an absolute necessity. The hardest part of my time with P.K. Education was having no idea how much/little I'd be working over the coming weeks and months, and there was no minimum pay or pay for being on call - if you didn't get assigned anywhere, you could go weeks or months without pay. Hardly ideal.

Pros

Expenses (sustenance/travel) paid for

Cons

No guaranteed work/pay at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PK Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare PK Education with

• PK Education
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?