Place Farm House Residential Care Home

Place Farm House Residential Care Home Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Care Assistant2 reviews

Person Centered And Lots Of Fun

About a year ago I decided to leave the job I was currently in and apply for a Carer Position at PFH. I had my interview and when I was offered the job I couldn’t wait to start. PFH is a very warm, friendly, and lovely place to work. All staff are supportive of each other, everybody works so well as a team and the home runs very efficiently because of this. I’ve only ever known PFH to be what it is now during the Covid 19 pandemic and still with all that’s going on it’s a pleasure to work. I’m looking forward to seeing what PFH is like without any restrictions.

Pros

Free Lunch, Recognised For Hard Work & Dedication, Enhanced Pay At Weekends

An enjoyable resident focused care home

Day to day I find going to work an enjoyable experience, having the time to get to know and help resident on an individual level is the most rewarding aspect for me personally. You learn new things every day by being with the residents, about them, their life and families. The proactive encouragement from management for new ideas, from the days out with residents, playing games in the afternoon, taking them shops or on walks, to the use of apps and software to reduce time spent on daily admin tasks. Anything that helps improve things for the residents quality of life is always considered. As is the case in my line of work the money could be better to reflect the job, and the inconsistent hours can be a challenge at times. However, having worked at several homes in the past, the atmosphere and ongoing initiatives for improvement at this home is something that I appreciate and I'm still enjoying my time here..

Pros

time with the residents

Cons

Insights into Place Farm House Residential Care Home

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Place Farm House Residential Care Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Learn about Place Farm House Residential Care Home in popular locations

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?