Places for People

Places for People Employee Reviews

Insights into Places for People

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Top heavy management

Four managers in four years due to unrealistic unachievable workload. No progression, no pay increases with inconsistent pay scale old employees paid 28,000 new paid 19,500 with no way of achieving a higher pay scale. Expectations to upskill yourself in your own time. No acknowledgement of the extra mile staff voluntarily went to during Covid. Told by management, if you don't like it leave. Extremely high staff turnover and management don't care

Pros

Love the people I work with

Cons

Undervalued, poor pay, no progression

avoid working there

Management is a joke, they don't care about staff and always are and will be short-staffed.Very poor work experience.You are required to do your regular jobs everyday which mostly involves cleaning. so you are a Cleaner rather then a lifeguard.Although you don't get paid enough for the responsibilities you have and what you are required to do .

Pros

nope

Cons

very long

Interesting, good communication amongst team.

I liked the post, I had a great manager who listened. It was a busy post with varied tasks. The company encouraged the staff to keep up to date with current legislation and a training course to teach the latest was insisted upon.

Pros

My manager encouraged good communication within the team.

Cons

Staff development could be better.

Not a good place to work

Don’t work here. Management are very poor with a bullying attitude and a level of incompetence you have to see to believe. They waste thousands on stupid ideas but would discipline you for the slightest reason.

low staff morale

Company has stopped valuing staff and waste money at the detriment of staff.Lack of progression, no training to help with job opportunities.Too many team leaders.

Pros

Colleagues are amazing

Cons

Expectation to drop what you are doing to cover shifts at short notice

caring management team and very understanding

no 2 days the same ,gained vast experience through training and self development.Managers are very accommodating when you most need them.no cliques allowed to develop if they do they are resolved as soon as possible. Leaving at the end of your shift you feel like you are leaving family.Working as part of a team valued by your managers

Pros

excellent staff benefits

Quite and slow

Have worked twice for PfP Gas team. This is a corporate company and you must follow all regulations, guidelines and all company procedures. If you can do this we'll expect to have a relaxed working life. Be prepared for a van tracker, personal tracker and all paperwork to be inspected every day.No personal use of van, and if you have 2 yrs experience or 35 yrs you will be paid the same.This is the reason I left, you are a number!!!If you can change you work ethics to not doing muck physical work and paid to drive around all day listening to music in the van then this is the job for you. I like working hard and pushing myself, so it wasn't for me. Left in 2021

Pros

Not a hard job, good holiday and sick cover

Cons

Schedule team that cant Schedule

Not enough hours to complete job. Being monitored during your work

Should be an easy job to complete, unfortunately someone coming behind you to monitor you is very demeaning Hourly rate poor. Expecting results that's 100% even when you are down 75% of staff I.e 2 out of 6 workers. Left within 4 weeks. Good luckMaybe this job is for you, but unfortunately not for me

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Amazing company to work for

A great company to work for that has been exceptionally supportive during the pandemic. There's a great sense of teamwork on site with opportunities to progress. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming for staff and customers.

Terrible management

Dont work here if you have any ambition as they don’t like ideas from any staff that aren’t general managers. They lie about pay, don’t pay staff correctly and then become offended when challenged on their mistakes. Worst company.

Pros

Customers are nice

Cons

Management are terrible

It is probably exactly like you’re expecting it to be!

It’s your usual big company experience. Glossy and promising from the outside, peel back the veneer and you’re usual management issues, colleague politics etcI needed a job, they gave me a job.

Cons

‘Perks’ are dreadful. Expected to do a lot of things not in your job description, some pushing the boundaries of ‘questionable’

Places for people? Do you mean faces for Places?

Where do I begin...If you like working in a micromanaged, autocratic, and toxic environment this is the place for you!Having worked for this company for many years and it being an utter joke from the start, I kept telling myself it would get better and to stick it out. The office environment is toxic. There is a large conflict of interest. A large number of staff are either siblings or in a relationship. If you ever want to progress here, you better hope your face fits because otherwise you’re not moving anywhere. I really feel for the staff working in the PMD department they are expected to carry out their day to tasks while their phones ring off the hook all day meaning they physically do not get a chance to carry out these tasks. Don’t even think about putting yourself on bulletin to wrap up a call because you will get a warning!You’re timed for going for a wee. Your time in the lavatory while doing your business is added up and sent out as a stat for you whole team to see followed by a stern talking to by your manager if you go over a certain amount of minutes. Oh but they’re adamant it’s NOT a call centre even though all the call stats are up on giant TVs for everyone to view like you get in a call centre. You could work as hard as you like and think you’ll be appreciated for this but you won’t. But the smallest mistake you make because we’re all human and you’ll be pulled apart and most likely slagged off. 0 career progression unless you’re part of the clique. Unrealistic expectations this last year while working from home and home schooling children. Constant -

Pros

I’m no longer working there

Ill managed, NO C.P.D, NO real Career progression

Poor Management ComsNo CPD offeredNo on Site Career Progression No Pay Rise, EVER25 Min Paid BreakNo empathy or real care towards Staff£8.72p/h

Pros

25 min Break! No stress after work is done.

Cons

Long hours to get a good wage. (70 hour weeks)

Awful.

No job security. Poor management. Poor team culture. Poor senior management. I don't know how this company is even still going. Awful to work for. Would be awful being a customer too.

Pros

You get paid

Cons

Barely

Miserable job for miserable people

18 months working here and we are desperately looking for other work. No appreciation for going above and beyond while colleagues who do less hours and spend more time walking around get the praise. Little to no support for home working with kids in the house, expected to carry on as usual. Tenants are as fed up with the company as we are. Managers all in one big clique constantly making snide comments about staff and other managers. HR cant be trusted at all, nothing can be said in confidence here. Some staff take every type of call with no training while some are just taking one skill. Hate this place.

Bitchiness

Terrible place to work the worst place I have ever worked in!! I experienced two faced colleagues at their worst would not recommend anyone to work here. A lot of favouritism too!! Beware!!

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Bitchiness

Cliquey and hypocritical

Constant monitoring of your time, SPIRIT values rammed down your throat and aggressive team leaders who have little management skills have created a culture whereby people do not feel valued or appreciated.

Pros

Nice people who deserve better treatment

Cons

Terrible management/favouritism

Supposed to be people first (only applies if your a senior manager)

Supposed to put people first, the company is a joke, they’ve just announced 40+ staff in affordable housing are to lose their jobs in another restructure (the 3rd in 5 years) unless they want to take a £4K pay cut to become a neighbourhood assistant, those that remain get their patch size doubled, have to manage other staff and get lettings added as well, to say that the majority of people feel let down by this lot is an understatement. The director was quoted as saying that staff had previously been “cut into the bone” well now the same manager is carrying out an amputation! They have no compassion towards staff unless you earn megabucks, which is a shame because the lower management are really supportive, but they are likely for the chop too, whilst the senior team end up bloated with manager after manager,

Pros

Good supportive team managers

Cons

Constant restructures, pay freezes, and demoralisation

Soul destroying

If your face fits you’ll do well but if want to progress in your career then work somewhere else It’s jobs for the boys plenty of jobs come up but there’s always someone’s mate ear marked for the job even though it’s advertised externally If you just want a wage and to never be noticed or appreciated with no prospects of advancement then PFP is perfect for you

Pros

Wages paid in bank every month

Cons

Clicky non progressive blame culture

Management are useless

To say this company is run by clowns is unfair to clowns. The management are totally out of their depth, as it gets higher it gets worse to the point where you wondered how they manage to get dressed in a morning. The HR staff to run concentration camps in WW2 and are so far up the managements backsides you can see their heads pop out when they open their mouths.

Pros

Good lads doing the actual work

Cons

Anyone not on the tools is useless

Not good don’t do it

It’s ok if your face fits and your a yes man to the manager if your his favourite you can’t do any wrong the harder you work you will be slated for doing nothing while those who do nothing are the managers best friends there spirit values I’ve got more integrity in my little toe their moral compass is that wrong they couldn’t find their way out of the back door

Pros

Regular pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Places for People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare Places for People with

• Places for People
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?