Planet Organic
Happiness score is 31 out of 100

Planet Organic Employee Reviews

United Kingdom54 reviews

fun but stressfull

Overall I enjoyed my time working at the company. However, the work was very hard and stressful as the shop was constantly busy and we were massively understaffed. Management didn't care or try to help us. Colleagues made it so much better - good atmosphere.

Great employees

Enjoyed working there around colleagues. Although often we’d get shop lifters stealing from store and head office refused to get security for our safety

Insights into Planet Organic

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Fun but stressfull

The team are lovely but management don’t care that we are extremely understaffed and expect us to do way more than we healthily could. Rewarding but very tiring work.

Good place to work.

Planet organic is a good place to work. Stores always have a great team, but management and salary can be better. I had a lot of fun working with the team and was given the opportunity too grow

Ambiente lavorativo collaborativo e flessibile

Un azienda interessante per chi sia interessato a far carriera nel settore retail alimentare.Ambiente lavorativo collaborativo e flessibile, ho incontrato persone di ogni parte del mondo.

Pros

Sconto pasti e acquisti, atmosfera amichevole

Cons

La retribuzione non è eccezionale

Good Management

I loved working at Planet Organic,the management was great and meet good friends.

Avoid!

Terrible management, team leaders are also terrible, work and life balance non existent, colleagues are nice but all were fired (including myself) so be wary they'll get rid of you whenever it suits them, training is also awful, then blame the team, honestly a pathetic work load of people running the place, unfortunately.

Nice colleagues

Positive:- Nice and friendly colleagues- Trainings about new products- Company values -> organic etc.Negative:- An unpaid lunch break is only 30min- The pay rate could be better- The shop is open until 8pm- After March 2020 lockdowns less busy so can get boring

exploitative and harsh

The team is great, I have met some amazing people working for this company. The salary is pitiful and the only food that most staff members can afford to eat is expired/ expiring. We get no paid meals/ breaks, and some managers are just unprofessional. The 'customer is always right' attitude is taken to the extreme, and they pick and choose when it is convenient to take care of their staff- I have seen some being treated poorly. I would not recommend working here as a general team member as the work is boring. It would be okay alongside other work/ schooling, but generally very dull. Being on your feet for the whole shift without paid breaks should not be legal in my opinion.

too stressful and "the customer is always right", to the point they become verbally abusive and throw a tantrum. not enough salary.

everyone works in every department. too much pressure and not enough money. everything is expensive, no free meal, no good management, no good rota, only good team

Pros

team

Cons

everything

A good working environment and opportunities to learn

Working for Planet was very good, as a health and body care team member you are always receiving training which is very stimulating. The salary is good but London is very expensive anyways so if you have a lot of bills to pay it might be a bit tight, however it is one of the best paid jobs I had. The working environment can be stressful at times if the store is busy but I had very good colleagues and management.I miss working there and I wish all the best to the company for the future

Pros

Staff discount Free samples Ongoing training Incentives Good rate of pay

Terrible

No words for how they treat you at this job inconsiderate people that expect you to bend over for them. No professionalism from management or staff.They over exert their staff and pay too little for the way they treat them. They have no boundaries towards work life balance and neither do the employees. The management smile in the face of customers and spit in the face of employees would not recommend.

Pros

Cons

• Barely any benefits • Bad communication • Unpaid breaks • Too much work for too little pay

Poorly paid with bad job security. Good staff.

I liked working here but the pay is bad, like any job in hospitality. Most managers were nice, bar one notable exception. Head office were disconnected, and as always I cannot stand the profiteering corporate culture that exists in chain franchises.

It was great fun

It was fun and very lively and friendly really enjoyed working there i worked from the first day planet organic opened in uk.I worked as a supervisor as well as working in the cash office

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

8 hour's

Wspaniałe miejsce i doskonała atmosfera

Możliwość awansu Pomoc w każdym zagadnieniu Miła atmosfera i obsługa klienta na najwyższym poziomie

Pros

Darmowe posiłki

Great team, not much support

There is barely any support from management. Favouritism within HR. And no support to team members.The values do not align with the ethics and how the business is ran. I.e no work/life balance and "fresh" food which in actuality is regenerated food prepared days before being displayed in fridges.The workplace culture is extremely toxic, unfriendly at times and the pressure from management to fulfil tasks is at times, ridiculous. Planet Organic boasts on being all inclusive and welcoming people from all different backgrounds but their Instagram page does not reflect that at all.

Pros

The team

Cons

Biased HR team

best retail experience

although I had a temp role at planet organic during the covid-19 crisis, I really enjoyed my time there. Really good work culture and really looking after the staff!

Pros

staff discount

Cons

long shifts

Great place to learn

If you’re passionate about this environment Planet Organic can be the place for you. This company is the perfect place to start a career and learn more about you and this environment.

Opportunity for career

I didn't have experience in retail, they teached me everything and push me to grow up after only 3 month. You can move in other departments or other stores.

Pros

Benefit

Cons

low pay rate

Not fun

MASSIVE gossip culture within the company - any problem you had did not go without absolutely everyone in your department finding out. Mandatory 8 hour shifts with no staff meals and no free drinks. If you can’t afford to eat, which for the most time you can’t due to bare minimum pay, then you have no choice but to eat bread for lunch/dinner. Department manager put themselves before their team ALWAYS. False reports about employees just to make them seem like a more competent manager. No respect for mental health or general wellbeing. That being said, the other team members are a joy to work with and were the only reason I looked forward to going to work.

Pros

Nice team

Cons

Terrible management, no staff meals, long hours

Poor company culture

Not a great environment to succeed. Large business still being run like a family business unfortunately with few staff benefits. Witnessed bullying and unfair treatment.

Pros

Nice products

Cons

Not suitable for ambitious and driven people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Organic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement