Planet Organic

Planet Organic Employee Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews

Insights into Planet Organic

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

A good working environment and opportunities to learn

Working for Planet was very good, as a health and body care team member you are always receiving training which is very stimulating. The salary is good but London is very expensive anyways so if you have a lot of bills to pay it might be a bit tight, however it is one of the best paid jobs I had. The working environment can be stressful at times if the store is busy but I had very good colleagues and management.I miss working there and I wish all the best to the company for the future

Pros

Staff discount Free samples Ongoing training Incentives Good rate of pay

too stressful and "the customer is always right", to the point they become verbally abusive and throw a tantrum. not enough salary.

everyone works in every department. too much pressure and not enough money. everything is expensive, no free meal, no good management, no good rota, only good team

Pros

team

Cons

everything

Terrible

No words for how they treat you at this job inconsiderate people that expect you to bend over for them. No professionalism from management or staff.They over exert their staff and pay too little for the way they treat them. They have no boundaries towards work life balance and neither do the employees. The management smile in the face of customers and spit in the face of employees would not recommend.

Pros

Cons

• Barely any benefits • Bad communication • Unpaid breaks • Too much work for too little pay

Poorly paid with bad job security. Good staff.

I liked working here but the pay is bad, like any job in hospitality. Most managers were nice, bar one notable exception. Head office were disconnected, and as always I cannot stand the profiteering corporate culture that exists in chain franchises.

It was great fun

It was fun and very lively and friendly really enjoyed working there i worked from the first day planet organic opened in uk.I worked as a supervisor as well as working in the cash office

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

8 hour's

Wspaniałe miejsce i doskonała atmosfera

Możliwość awansu Pomoc w każdym zagadnieniu Miła atmosfera i obsługa klienta na najwyższym poziomie

Pros

Darmowe posiłki

Great team, not much support

There is barely any support from management. Favouritism within HR. And no support to team members.The values do not align with the ethics and how the business is ran. I.e no work/life balance and "fresh" food which in actuality is regenerated food prepared days before being displayed in fridges.The workplace culture is extremely toxic, unfriendly at times and the pressure from management to fulfil tasks is at times, ridiculous. Planet Organic boasts on being all inclusive and welcoming people from all different backgrounds but their Instagram page does not reflect that at all.

Pros

The team

Cons

Biased HR team

best retail experience

although I had a temp role at planet organic during the covid-19 crisis, I really enjoyed my time there. Really good work culture and really looking after the staff!

Pros

staff discount

Cons

long shifts

Great place to learn

If you’re passionate about this environment Planet Organic can be the place for you. This company is the perfect place to start a career and learn more about you and this environment.

Opportunity for career

I didn't have experience in retail, they teached me everything and push me to grow up after only 3 month. You can move in other departments or other stores.

Pros

Benefit

Cons

low pay rate

Not fun

MASSIVE gossip culture within the company - any problem you had did not go without absolutely everyone in your department finding out. Mandatory 8 hour shifts with no staff meals and no free drinks. If you can’t afford to eat, which for the most time you can’t due to bare minimum pay, then you have no choice but to eat bread for lunch/dinner. Department manager put themselves before their team ALWAYS. False reports about employees just to make them seem like a more competent manager. No respect for mental health or general wellbeing. That being said, the other team members are a joy to work with and were the only reason I looked forward to going to work.

Pros

Nice team

Cons

Terrible management, no staff meals, long hours

Poor company culture

Not a great environment to succeed. Large business still being run like a family business unfortunately with few staff benefits. Witnessed bullying and unfair treatment.

Pros

Nice products

Cons

Not suitable for ambitious and driven people

hard work with fun times

Overall good apart from shift times and holiday arrangements, I learnt a lot about organic food and its health benefits and met interesting people while working including staff and customers.

Not ok at all

Job is easy, communication is not the key but bullying is. No wonder why people coming and going all the time. Never be yourself. Use a joker smile always.

Pros

Experience

No comment

It was an experience to work at Planet Organic and it allowed me to broaden my horizons as a professional. There was certainly a good atmosphere that sustained from my trial day.

fun place to work

lots of perks of working here, continous training which was good and lots of rotation on tasks and so was able to gain alot of skills and experience in diferent departments

awful

management was rude and did not support you to help better your position. never allowed over time to their own team and would often give the over time to somebody who did not work within that department.

Productive and fun place

In the health and body care department a typical day is about collecting deliveries, serve customers and place orders. Often getting trainings on products too

horrible

Worst job ever. The management is terrible and they payment too. The sell lies and they made you sell them too. They are not environment friendly , they waste a lot, prefer to put at the bin that give to the employees.

Pros

nothing

Cons

money, enviorement

Nice place nice team members rubbish management

I was a team member food to go Working in that place was really fun the job there is really simple but the management is really low and rubbish, they treat their customers very well and precisely with the team memeber is totally the opposite they see them as object and by the way they fired me after a week of being working there just because of the working references that they were in other 2 countries they found it as a fraud because my previous manager was my wife in the company I don't advise you to do the references question for that company neither to apply to work there

Pros

The staff

Cons

Bad management

Dynamic and fun workplace

As an intern, I was tasked with multiple projects not always strictly pertaining to finance. I learned a lot at Planet Organic and was appropriately rewarded for my work. Everyone who works there is genuinely happy to be there, which makes it a great environment to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Organic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement