Plowman Craven

United Kingdom13 reviews

Clear
3.1Job security & advancement

Well run SME

Plowman Craven is a well run medium sized enterprise. The executive leadership team may benefit from broader experience outside the world of surveying, however.

You will gain technical knowledge and experience to be a good surveyor

Excellent training facilities , good working environment and support. Good travel allowance and accommodations. It is good if you are just starting your career as a surveyor, excellent training ground.

Insights into Plowman Craven

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Excellent opportunities and great culture.

Plowman Craven can provide amazing opportunities to work on varied, challenging and prestigious projects. A culture that is open to new ideas; and a strong sense of teamwork make it a great place to progress your career.

Good Place to Work

I enjoy working at Plowman Craven. Their hybrid working approach is excellent, they provide ample training and share knowledge within the business. Exciting projects and innovative tech with good support structures to give you all the support you need.

Pros

Hybrid Working, Excellent benefits and competitive salary packages, Good working culture, Professional development and training opportunities

Interesting project, good company (and salary), but management must be improved

As stated between the pros and cons, generally the projects are interesting, but the management is terrible. I was relieved when I resigned from the job (see below for further details)

Pros

The possibility to work with interesting projects, The business is smaller compared to other big companies, therefore you will have more flexibility.

Cons

Management must be improved

Wasted my time

Went for an apprenticeship, they had me working for a month as a role of an accountant with basically no training and then let me go because they wanted someone already trained now not in the year or so it would take to do so,

Leading Survey Company in UK

A fantastic bunch of people working here with a professional and safe attitude. Like all businesses, not everything is perfect, but if you speak up and you are speaking truths, your voice will be heard and actions will be taken As well as pioneering all the latest survey technology, the companies measured approach (if you will excuse the pun) is second to none. They have no fear when it comes to new technology and so if you are looking for a career in this industry, there is no better place The company rewards loyal service and also recognised those that go above and beyond their normal line of duty Operations us hectic and you wont get bored. There is lots of work to do, but if you are someone who likes a challenge, and you arent afraid to knuckle down and put in some hard graft, there are opportunities to progress and put a runber stamp of your CV

Pros

Social activities and director engagement

Cons

Busy!

interesting company to work for

I didn't find all of the people that worked there friendly in fact some didn't even greet you when they walked in. other than that they are a well organised company

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Plowman Craven?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plowman Craven. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement