Plusnet

Plusnet Employee Reviews

Nice place to work

Staff are friendly and management are helpful. Would be willing to go back to them for another position.would have to be in customer service rather then technical support as the training doesn't really spend enough time on systems but we couldn't listen in and just not able to use them in real time.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No real parking available

Terrible don’t do it!

Management sucks They will share personal information and take no responsibility. They have just decided to cut commission in half. I do not know one single person that is happy working for plusnet at the moment. Their systems have been broken for over two years now with no resolution. Used to be a great place to work now it’s a typical call centre which does not appreciate staff and are ready to replace you at any time

Pros

Non

Cons

Expect you to work harder for less money

iI do not recommend.mend

The job is way too stressful,i was underpaid and over worked!!As a Company they want you to combine tech with Customer service yet they do not pay you enough.They are not a supportive company with absolutely no type of emergency/sick days allocated without pay.You simply do not get paid if you are ill and unable to work If you are 3 mins late you are compelled to work it back.The conpany is TERRIBLE! As Internet Providers it is quite frankly the WORST company in the UK.Service is horrendous.Do not use Plusnet as your service Provider!

Pros

Cons

too numerous to mention

Not how it’s advertised

Claim to be a family, all together, happy and do the right thing environment however this is no longer the case. Very heavily targeted, mentally distressing, poor communication from higher management and conflicting expectations. Not able to do what is right for the customer, just need to follow the process which everyone knows fails. Claim to support their people but don’t, all a tick box exercise.

Awful

They didn't ever explain the role until you're very far into training and you find out you're going to be dealing with complaints. They are horrible with mental health. Horrible and they just place you on this flexible shift pattern randomly which means one team works every Saturday and works long hours without asking for this. It was never explained in the interview.

A good company to work for!

I enjoyed my time at Plusnet and there are many benefits to working there. Management could be a little better and there is not much room for climbing the ladder as they would rather higher externally for managers.

Pros

Free lunches, benefits, training

Cons

Management could be better, no room to progress

Productive fun hard work and good friendly relationship

Productive work hard work innovative good relationship with costumes and kindness respect for each other, Good communication with supervisors and as well as costumers.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Decent workplace, some staff are friendly, trainers/managers are useless

The work place is a decent place to work with friendly staff not including the management. Avoid working here at first they’re nice they put on such a good act(should work in drama) then 2-3 weeks of being there (when your in your teams)they try talk to you like your nobody and set unrealistic stats. How are you meant to know what you’re doing when in training they play kahoot and jengo instead of helping you learn about the job role.There’s so much backbiting and rumours that go around in the workplace it’s unreal it’s not like your going into work but into a playground full of children they maybe adults but don’t act like it!! They clearly needed people to work there this time there’s a few people I know who got in they didn’t even ask questions for the interview except where did you previously work?(but when I did the interview I got asked so much questions!!)Then that’s it they got the job jokers lol the place won’t last very long.The “floor walkers” who are meant to help just ignore you you have to call them several times which they still take forever to come act like they’re doing you a favour. Beyond a joke they stress you out so much that you feel worthless like you’re not good enough. The company doesn’t re employ individuals who don’t pass the probation period with no fault of their own so basically if they terminate your contract you won’t be able to work in that company ever again not worth the stress anyways!!

Pros

Some friendly staff

Cons

Long hours, stupid management, unrealistic stats to meet and call times

was ok for a call center

the training was were iot needed to be as anyone with no trech experiance would be training as to what is need the systems are very easy to use and navagate, most of the managment team are easy to apporch and talk to like most places there is always 1 or 2 managers you dont like or get on with, they are super supportive about health issues weather it be physical or mental and prived a wide range of support.the job its self is ok but you spend most of the time been shouted at because internet is so important now days and peole want an instant fix but that isnt the case the people you work with are fine there is a mixture of experiance and level per team so that you have a vast range of support for the day to day things breaks are spread out will and day seem to be worked out ok, the benifits there as well are amazing like help towards a hoilday that you pay back monthly or tech buy and extra hoildays or been able to carry so many over from prev year

Pros

people, canteen, benifits

Cons

customers, some of managment

Not bad as far as call centres go...

I have mixed feelings about plusnet, I had heard bad things about call centres before but I needed a full time job so I applied and took it. When I started in 2019 I didnt mind it, there was usually some availability throughout the day which eased stress and it was a pretty relaxed work atmosphere. You get a really good impression when you first start and you think wow this is a great workplace where its fun and staff are cared for. I got lucky with a nice 9-6 shift pattern and only one weekend a month, but I know most shifts aren't like that.When you go onto team it does change a lot and become more about getting the right stats and keeping calls short ect. Some managers are great, others are useless and have cig breaks all the time. Most of them are barely at their desks. I have experienced a lot of playground behaviour and pettiness and formal investigations over hearsay, from what im told this is common call centre culture. I didnt mind it because I met some good people who I had a laugh with and we got free lunch, 3 set breaks a day.Since March 2020, due to covid my opinion changed a lot, it took us until the end of April to be sent home and the call queues increased dramatically, as well as customers being typically more angry and abusive (because they needed Internet due to working from home), so I'd say 50-80% of calls per day were rude, angry, entitled customers who believed there issue was more important than anyone else's. There is a big problem with this role because if youre on tech you have to go through checks with the customer on the phone, and they are -

Pros

Free lunch, relaxed office, casual dress

Cons

Pressure on stats, horrible customers, busy queues

Jobs at Plusnet

See more jobs

Far too stressful

When I first joined I got a good impression of Plusnet, however that soon changed after a couple of weeks in the business. Support is never available, prepare to put your customer on hold for upwards of 10 minutes while trying to get hold of a manager. Managers only care about stats. The customers are absolutely awful! Majority of managers are absolutely useless. This job caused me so much unnecessary stress due to the way the company is run. I predict the company won’t last much longer, ever since it has been taken over by BT it’s turned into a corporate shambles. Higher management dont have a clue. Also, the way Plusnet responded to the pandemic was absolutely awful. Didn’t get sent home until MAY and the social distancing was non existent. Only positive about working here was some of the people and free lunch. No room for advancement. Dead end job.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Good colleagues and work/life balance is great... once you get on the shift pattern you wanted.

Good place to work if you are looking for a good work/life balance. The common areas are filthy though and the loo’s are horrendous. The shifts are long if you work a 3 or 4 day week, however you benefit from having 3 or 4 days off.

Pros

Colleagues, work/life balance, bonus

Cons

Long hours. Filthy common areas and work stations.

Wonderful Company

The company treats you like a person and not just a cog in a machine . Great perks and lovely staff . If you are willing to put the effort in you will reap the benefits .

Pros

Perks Galore

Cons

Need more hands as very busy busy busy

Great place to work!

No 2 days are the same and all calls are different. There is ongoing training and lots of support from team leaders and staff. The best part is free food in canteen 🙂The management try there hardest to make it fun and enjoyable to work at plusnet. There is scope to transfer to a different department

Pros

Free meal, training

Cons

Long hours and unpaid break

Plusnet is a great place to work, Its not perfect but were is. The staff are great and everyone is friendly and approachable. Been employed here nearly 5 years good job security

Pros

Grest people to work with, free lunch.

Amazing place to work

I would recommend Plusnet a great place to work.Always supportive and there to help you.Like a family everyone gets on so well.If you have drive and ambition and love to speak to customers its a job for you.

Pros

Free lunches free broadband

BT ruined this company

I struggle to put into words how bad this company has become since being taken over. The systems used day to day are terrible, old and slow however management still expect unrealistic stats to be achieved. There will be a queue of at least 45 minutes, most days 1 hour, from lines opening to closing and every customer will want to tear you to pieces. For this role, the pay is nowhere near enough for what you have to achieve and deal with every day. It’s shocking how many people I know have been off with anxiety and depression just from working here. Don’t do it to yourself.

Pros

Cons

The days off

Nice place

Good company just that call centre work is not for me more hands on and face to face contact than over the phone its nothing to do with the company at all

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Funny hours

Save yourself

Pros

Getting to leave at the end of the day

Cons

Literally everything

Clueless

They employed anyone and everyone. So the job was made harder because staff that are bad at the job would mess the provisioning of order up so it would create more contact. No quality checks so all feedback had to be provided for by the agent that came across the issues. The wage is pathetic for the abuse you receive. There is no way to resolve any issues. You simply are telling angry customers that there is nothing you can do for them. No chance of advancement at all. Literally no progression what so ever!

So far so good

Call centre work isn't for everyone however if you want a change and already have a call centre job or want to see if this would suit Plusnet in my opinion is a decent option. Things aren't perfect and I've been through several managers and had my original team disbanded which impacts job security but after 2 years as in the title so far so good.

Pros

Free Internet, TV package, canteen, BT shares, decent wage, quarterly bonus

Cons

Call centre, parking costs, commute, long shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plusnet. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Plusnet with

• Plusnet
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?