Plusnet

Plusnet Employee Reviews

the training was were iot needed to be as anyone with no trech experiance would be training as to what is need the systems are very easy to use and navagate, most of the managment team are easy to apporch and talk to like most places there is always 1 or 2 managers you dont like or get on with, they are super supportive about health issues weather it be physical or mental and prived a wide range of support.the job its self is ok but you spend most of the time been shouted at because internet is so important now days and peole want an instant fix but that isnt the case the people you work with are fine there is a mixture of experiance and level per team so that you have a vast range of support for the day to day things breaks are spread out will and day seem to be worked out ok, the benifits there as well are amazing like help towards a hoilday that you pay back monthly or tech buy and extra hoildays or been able to carry so many over from prev year
Pros
people, canteen, benifits
Cons
customers, some of managment
They didn't ever explain the role until you're very far into training and you find out you're going to be dealing with complaints. They are horrible with mental health. Horrible and they just place you on this flexible shift pattern randomly which means one team works every Saturday and works long hours without asking for this. It was never explained in the interview.
I enjoyed my time at Plusnet and there are many benefits to working there. Management could be a little better and there is not much room for climbing the ladder as they would rather higher externally for managers.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, training
Cons
Management could be better, no room to progress
Productive work hard work innovative good relationship with costumes and kindness respect for each other, Good communication with supervisors and as well as costumers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The work place is a decent place to work with friendly staff not including the management. Avoid working here at first they’re nice they put on such a good act(should work in drama) then 2-3 weeks of being there (when your in your teams)they try talk to you like your nobody and set unrealistic stats. How are you meant to know what you’re doing when in training they play kahoot and jengo instead of helping you learn about the job role.There’s so much backbiting and rumours that go around in the workplace it’s unreal it’s not like your going into work but into a playground full of children they maybe adults but don’t act like it!! They clearly needed people to work there this time there’s a few people I know who got in they didn’t even ask questions for the interview except where did you previously work?(but when I did the interview I got asked so much questions!!)Then that’s it they got the job jokers lol the place won’t last very long.The “floor walkers” who are meant to help just ignore you you have to call them several times which they still take forever to come act like they’re doing you a favour. Beyond a joke they stress you out so much that you feel worthless like you’re not good enough. The company doesn’t re employ individuals who don’t pass the probation period with no fault of their own so basically if they terminate your contract you won’t be able to work in that company ever again not worth the stress anyways!!
Pros
Some friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, stupid management, unrealistic stats to meet and call times
I have mixed feelings about plusnet, I had heard bad things about call centres before but I needed a full time job so I applied and took it. When I started in 2019 I didnt mind it, there was usually some availability throughout the day which eased stress and it was a pretty relaxed work atmosphere. You get a really good impression when you first start and you think wow this is a great workplace where its fun and staff are cared for. I got lucky with a nice 9-6 shift pattern and only one weekend a month, but I know most shifts aren't like that.When you go onto team it does change a lot and become more about getting the right stats and keeping calls short ect. Some managers are great, others are useless and have cig breaks all the time. Most of them are barely at their desks. I have experienced a lot of playground behaviour and pettiness and formal investigations over hearsay, from what im told this is common call centre culture. I didnt mind it because I met some good people who I had a laugh with and we got free lunch, 3 set breaks a day.Since March 2020, due to covid my opinion changed a lot, it took us until the end of April to be sent home and the call queues increased dramatically, as well as customers being typically more angry and abusive (because they needed Internet due to working from home), so I'd say 50-80% of calls per day were rude, angry, entitled customers who believed there issue was more important than anyone else's. There is a big problem with this role because if youre on tech you have to go through checks with the customer on the phone, and they are - more...
Pros
Free lunch, relaxed office, casual dress
Cons
Pressure on stats, horrible customers, busy queues
When I first joined I got a good impression of Plusnet, however that soon changed after a couple of weeks in the business. Support is never available, prepare to put your customer on hold for upwards of 10 minutes while trying to get hold of a manager. Managers only care about stats. The customers are absolutely awful! Majority of managers are absolutely useless. This job caused me so much unnecessary stress due to the way the company is run. I predict the company won’t last much longer, ever since it has been taken over by BT it’s turned into a corporate shambles. Higher management dont have a clue. Also, the way Plusnet responded to the pandemic was absolutely awful. Didn’t get sent home until MAY and the social distancing was non existent. Only positive about working here was some of the people and free lunch. No room for advancement. Dead end job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good place to work if you are looking for a good work/life balance. The common areas are filthy though and the loo’s are horrendous. The shifts are long if you work a 3 or 4 day week, however you benefit from having 3 or 4 days off.
Pros
Colleagues, work/life balance, bonus
Cons
Long hours. Filthy common areas and work stations.
The company treats you like a person and not just a cog in a machine . Great perks and lovely staff . If you are willing to put the effort in you will reap the benefits .
Pros
Perks Galore
Cons
Need more hands as very busy busy busy
No 2 days are the same and all calls are different. There is ongoing training and lots of support from team leaders and staff. The best part is free food in canteen 🙂The management try there hardest to make it fun and enjoyable to work at plusnet. There is scope to transfer to a different department
Pros
Free meal, training
Cons
Long hours and unpaid break
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Plusnet?
Plusnet is a great place to work, Its not perfect but were is. The staff are great and everyone is friendly and approachable. Been employed here nearly 5 years good job security
Pros
Grest people to work with, free lunch.
Cons
I would recommend Plusnet a great place to work.Always supportive and there to help you.Like a family everyone gets on so well.If you have drive and ambition and love to speak to customers its a job for you.
Pros
Free lunches free broadband
I struggle to put into words how bad this company has become since being taken over. The systems used day to day are terrible, old and slow however management still expect unrealistic stats to be achieved. There will be a queue of at least 45 minutes, most days 1 hour, from lines opening to closing and every customer will want to tear you to pieces. For this role, the pay is nowhere near enough for what you have to achieve and deal with every day. It’s shocking how many people I know have been off with anxiety and depression just from working here. Don’t do it to yourself.
Pros
Cons
The days off
Good company just that call centre work is not for me more hands on and face to face contact than over the phone its nothing to do with the company at all
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Funny hours
Pros
Getting to leave at the end of the day
Cons
Literally everything
They employed anyone and everyone. So the job was made harder because staff that are bad at the job would mess the provisioning of order up so it would create more contact. No quality checks so all feedback had to be provided for by the agent that came across the issues. The wage is pathetic for the abuse you receive. There is no way to resolve any issues. You simply are telling angry customers that there is nothing you can do for them. No chance of advancement at all. Literally no progression what so ever!
Call centre work isn't for everyone however if you want a change and already have a call centre job or want to see if this would suit Plusnet in my opinion is a decent option. Things aren't perfect and I've been through several managers and had my original team disbanded which impacts job security but after 2 years as in the title so far so good.
Pros
Free Internet, TV package, canteen, BT shares, decent wage, quarterly bonus
Cons
Call centre, parking costs, commute, long shifts
Je ne conseil pas du tout pour l Ă©quipe de Chantal Blaie
Pros
MalhonnĂŞteter
Cons
Aucun
Don't do it to yourself, no career prospects unless you want to be a manager. Call centre is full of suck ups with poor emotional intelligence and lacking basic social skills.
Decent working hours ability to work independently ability to participate in creating and implementing changes for department/wider business manageable team sizes work on behaviour rather than KPI's
I cannot begin to describe how poor this company is. The management, work place environment and culture are vile Couldn't wait to get out. It makes me shudder to think of my time there I am now with a national retailer and the difference is chalk and cheese
  1. Employee reviews