Police Mutual

Police Mutual Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom16 reviews

Your colleagues keep you sane

False information about the job role was given at the interview, it's just a call centre. Your colleagues and team managers are wonderful, however bosses higher up clearly look down at you. No opportunity for progression, limited praise and bonus schemes for a heavily sales influenced role. No certainty about the company, lots of redundancies which came as a shock as there was no information communicated. Multiple changes in management which didn't offer much confidence of stability. The location and facilities are great. Working hours are 9-5 Monday - Friday so great work and social life balance.

Awful, part of Royal London don’t pay same salary as their exist staff and don’t replace leavers so stressful workplace

No job progression awful salary and poor management. No increase for working from home and have to travel to office at least twice a week so unable to offset cost against travel expenses. Poor leadership who do not listen. Staff leaving and not replaced

Insights into Police Mutual

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

If you have ambition, stay away

Small company mentality engrained in the management. They don't like the idea of progress and you will be persecuted if you suggest it. Steer well clear if you want to be anything other than a phone monkey.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Lovely people, not an insurance company

Amongst many many issues PM would shut their ears if flaws in processes where pointed out. Refused to listen to ideas of staff and loved to make sure you felt like an idiot for ever asking for help. Really REALLY weird click amongst all the managers. It’s like something off of a Netflix series honestly, it’s that bad. If you dared to approach you would just get a hand up and told ‘I’m busy see someone else’ which is absolutely horrendous behaviour. Can’t be bothered to write everything that’s wrong but this place is rotten to its very foundations and it’s evident in the strange behaviour of the management.

Pros

Cons

Management and weirdness

Fast paced but friendly

I did like working with Police Mutual, it’s just a pity the role did not suit me. All staff are friendly and supportive. Management do their best to help where they can. The customers are mostly lovely people.

Pros

Very friendly staff and customers

Cons

Very stressful and low wages

Avoid this employer

Overall poor everything management is outdated and lazy from the top down talk about amateur, and just because you have been in the business over 10 years doesnt mean your a good leader

Poor Management

Some good people poorly led. The Executive continually make mistakes that the staff have to pay for. The Exec carry on earning their 6 figure salaries and the staff lose their jobs every time the Exec strategy fails.

Pros

Some good people, nice offices.

Cons

Poor executive management

Workplace culture

The company has many fundraising events and this brings all departments together. They have frequent open sessions to employers to ask questions and company updates.

Poor management and executive team

What should be a great place to work is completely let down by a poor management and executive team who are completely out of touch with the industry, best practices and most importantly the people that work for them. As a result, there is a business with no strategy and a disenchanted workplace who lack direction and leadership.

Cons

Poor management team

Good ethics and values

Police Mutual has very good ethics and values and a good work / life balance. They are small enough to care and have some very good principles. At times it is difficult to get a quick decisive decision made as it feels like we are to involve everybody in those discussions - they are 'too nice' at times.

Pros

Principles of organisation

Cons

Lack of ability to make quick decisive decisions.

Good Employer but losing their way

Worked for the company for many years and overall a good place to work. Losing sight of what the company core values are seem to be more interested in reducing costs and increasing profit.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

middle management

Great people to work with

Never a dull moment, I smile every day, work with lovely people, I manage a team of 14 and there are different, challenges presented daily but a rewarding job as feel I can make a difference. Dealing with complaints, HR issues managing service levels to achieve targets, motivate my team to achieve their own individual targets for sales and service. No real cons of my job

1980s sales culture

Very poor management culture dominated by ex-Abacus insurance staff. They tell senior Police Mutual management what they want to hear and then do what they want. Huge turnover of staff. Avoid!

Pros

Travel time included in hours, mileage allowance

Cons

Ever increasing targets, Unethical sales techniques, huge staff turnover

ok

typical day at work is very busy, always something to do. Ive learned many skills whilst working here many friendly staff who get you through the bad days

Great place to work but need to work on leadership

Great company with a fantastic purpose and talented employees. Just needs more focus on developing leaders management skills to ensure employees are fully engaged and feel supported.

Pros

Great colleagues and members

Cons

Equality needs work

Police Mutual Ltd Work Experience

I understudied the IT manager at the company helping him fix any faults/ problems with the software for the employees. I fixed the employees headsets, monitors, install RAM making sure everything ran smoothly for the employees at the workplace so they could deal with the customers more easily. During the work experience I understood what it would be like in professional environment, how to keep good time keeping and I came to grasps with basic computer hardware. I had very positive feedback from the management and co-workers complementing me that "my ability to learn and interpret new information quickly". They also stated that "I would be an excellent asset to any IT environment in the future." The hardest part of the job was the understand the IT hardware as I am a lot more competent with digital and software information technology. However, by the end of the week I came to grasps with the technology and I feel more confident in that area. The most enjoyable part of the job was understudying the IT manager, he helped me become more confident and more self reliant in the workplace.

Pros

Fantastic working environment to be in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Police Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Police Mutual reviews by location

• Police Mutual
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?