Poppies

Poppies Employee Reviews

Nice company

Staff and management were great but unfortunately not enough staff to cover all jobs. Also no job stability. Needed better communication to their customers.

Works for me

I only do an hour a day but as long as I do my job they just let me get on with it. Whenever I need anything they are always quick to respond. It is £9 an hour after 4 weeks training, £8.50 before that and you get money towards petrol and travelling times if you go from one job to another. I like them.

A Home from Home

A really well managed home with happy content staff, Its very small which only adds to the feeling of it being a true home for the residents. The attention to detail and care in general is exception. Flexible working hours and good management.

Working for Poppies

Cleaning 3 - 5 houses a day Learning to clean a house to a professional high standard The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting clients and forming a good working relationship with them.

fits in well with others things in my life

most of the coustomers I clean for have become friends over the years but sometimes I feel that I would like to be more of a team as I work on my own and don't get to meet other members of staff

Pros

frienley customers

Cons

not enourh hours

Not great

These positions are zero hour contracts, something not advertised in the job description posting. Or at least wasn't when I applied. The experience of meeting new people and visiting people's homes is a nice one and as long as you are available at the drop of hat then this job is ideal. However if you are unavailable for extra hours then expect your "regular" clients and hours to disappear. Also be wary it you decide to leave, once you hand your notice in your hours will suddenly vanish, leaving you with no work and wage-less, something which is completely legal because it's zero hours. Favouritism is rife and confidentiality is a joke. The job itself is great, it's hard work though, don't enter in to a cleaning job thinking it's an easy ride because it isn't. Also you don't get paid travelling time and the mileage pay is barely there.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Travel not paid, inconsistent, favouritism.

it was ok

unpaid job, trainee scheme from the unemployment centre. Re arrangement of flowers, trimming of flower stems.. general cleaning of shop. Assisting in sales etc...

Active and fun

Poppies was a family business, so everyone was very kind and friendly with each other. I learned a lot of things there, one of them was how to make more sales. The hardest part was when more than one waiter or waitress gets seek on the busy days.

Pros

Free drinks, free food

such friendly managment

I got to meet lots of different people. Learnt how to make many different foods. Managment were a joy to work for.

Pros

brilliant atmosphere.

Dinamic, creative and organise

I learned to work in a restaurant with continuous flow of people.I learned to offer you an excellent service in less time as possible.I learned to work in a team work, helping each other.

Pros

work with the customers

Cons

no lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Poppies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement