Portal Financial Services LLP

Portal Financial Services LLP Reviews

Ok

I was trained well, but the office environment was quite 'clicky'. I struggled to be accepted with a long term illness and was let go due to time off.

Don’t bother going for the interview

Save your time and money. Interview and test was 2 hours. I then waited over two weeks for a response and they didn’t even have the audacity to call me to give me feedback. Even if I was successful I wouldn’t of taken the job due to the recruitment processes. Office environment was very casual with staff wearing character T-shirt’s etc. Didn’t feel very professional.

Confidence killing company

I worked for this company for 16 months, where for the first 4 weeks I didn't even have my own desk or computer and was passed around from person to person to be 'trained' by people who hadn't been there two weeks themselves. For a lot of employees this is their first job from education, yet they expect you to be the perfect staff who hit 100% accuracy every day, despite the lack of training. If my day wasn't bad enough already, the morale was brought down by daily emails naming people who had left the company with 'immediate effect' which either meant they walked out or were sacked off, probably for not hitting the unachievable targets. They'll tell you that to make up for the Soddy wage, they have great bonus structures however these are impossible to achieve unless you cheat your way to the top and even when you do get the bonus it's only enough for a Big Mac at the end of the month. Management is extremely poor, as nearly all managers are related to the director and are therefore very cliquey and if you have any problems you can't really feel comfortable confiding in anyone, as it will go round the company. For example, when I left for personal reasons (that the job made me so anxious I needed a career break) they decided to post this in an email to the entire company, even though it was supposed to be confidential. It got to a point where our team was functioning very well and there was high morale because we had caught up with all our backlogs and were up to date. But this was seen as a bad thing, instead of being praised for catching up for the first time -

Pros

Party

Cons

Wage, morale, management, targets, bonus

Productive and Motivational workplace

In a typical day at work I would be actioning what we call 'Option Letters', which highlights 3 options available to the client in regards to their pension benefits. I have learnt various avenues within pensions, including options available for pension funds and information on fund managements/investment strategies. I would say the hardest part of my job would be dealing with difficult clients who may not understand our process to its full extent (i.e, that we do not hold any of their money, and that we rely on providers time-scales in order to get the process moving for them) - however, in order to leave them ensured we are doing everything in our ability it is vital to spend the time needed with that client to explain everything as simple as needed and give them a much greater understanding. the most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction you get once a clients process draws to a close and they are happy with the service we have provided and the outcome of this. Even better when you have built such a rapport the client is happy to talk to you about their plans once the process is complete.

Pros

Rewards for Productivity

Cons

Wage

Friendly environment

Scanning documents from hard copy files.It can be really frustrating when the scanner is not working properly and can be a really long evening.

Pros

free drinks, listen to the radio in the evenings.

Cons

not varied.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Portal Financial Services LLP?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Portal Financial Services LLP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Portal Financial Services LLP Reviews by Job Title

Learn about Portal Financial Services LLP in popular locations

• Portal Financial Services LLP
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?