Post Office Ltd

Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews

Post Office is a very good employer. They look after the welfare of their employees, the roles are well defined and the salary is paid at a good market rate. I think they would be better by focussing a lot more on talent management, which is lacking.
Pros
Good work / life balance
Cons
Talent management needs to be improved
I was excited to be a helpful colleague to assistance the company to delivering letters and parcels to its customers within the timelines in a safe and within covid19 guidelines .
Pros
Helpful manager and colleagues
Cons
Unfortunately, I suffered muscular difficulties due to the transportation of the post Yorkies
Gave me strong ties with a fantastic community. You always felt that everyday you helped someone . We could offer a wide range of products . A lifeline to some people
Great place to work. Not great pay. But perfect if you have no experience. Easy to progress and gain experience. Friendly staff and professional atmosphere.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Poor pay
This job isn't to bad however you always need to be on the ball. It is fast paces and you work as a team mostly. It can be high pressure when working with large sums of money and some customers who can be stressful and impatient. But mostly okay. Minimum wage and consistant.
Pros
Consistent shifts
Cons
Lots of work
Loved the job meeting people helping people with problems and giving sound in formation. But Post office need to vet the people who take up these Post offices more accurately.
Pros
Never
Cons
Good chance to gain customer service experience, in a fast paced environment. The job included lots of skills that are required elsewhere, such as cash handling, computer skills and key holding
The post office are a great company to work for, obviously depends on staff. They have a great pension which you pay from your salary but the post office pay towards too. They are flexible and beleive in assisting colleagues wherever they can.
Pros
Great wage, great pension
Cons
Travelling
ÂŁ0 years experience in post office helped me in developing my customer service skills to optimum and made me an excellent team player. I enjoyed working as a team and helped in improving the income of my office
Whilst our branch was a crown office, working for the post office was great. Had a fantastic team and supportive management. Great pay and perfect home work balance. Sadly post office turned our office into a franchise, losing pay, holiday for more hours
Pros
Excellent pay and time off
Cons
Franchised
An enjoyable job role helping and advising the general public.On going new skills to be obtained week by week in an ever changing world.On the job training and training schools to attend for certain products.One to one report from manager monthly.Enhanced dbs checking required for eligible rolescandidates.Telephie
The job consists of early start, delivering letters in a postcode area. All wethear. Management fine. The benefits are getting good excercise and money is ok.
I used to love working at the Post Office, learnt quite a lot.I took part on many projects and could develop many skills there. I will miss the company as it was really good to work for it.
-serve customers, fill out paperwork and count significant amounts of money -business operations -friendly management on Post Office side -monotonous -Banter with customers and colleagues
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Post Office. Working with the public and assisting them with a variety of queries was very rewarding. Every day had a different challenge, and I was responsible for Cash handling, and being a key holder.
Most days are very stressful. Very minimal staffing and big queues so a lot of very unhappy customers once they have waited in the queue. The job itself would be very satisfying if there were more staff so you could give the customer a better experience.
Great place to work and people to work with. Varied and sometimes challenging days. Unfortunately due to the re-structuring program there is no longer a future for crown network.
Pros
Varied days
Cons
No future potential due to franchising
Needs a long term survival strategy. Good intentions but senior management too inconsistent and not customer focused enough. They can manage costs but survival will require more
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Too unionised
25 years of hard work but great company to work for, sad to leave after so many years. Lots of experience gained working in a fast track environment with a great team ethic.
Work Place culture is generally supportive of maintaining work life balance. Cultural Diversity supported. Internal processes are not well defined. Work culture is not collaborative.General productivity low.
Good place to work, some customers hard work and undesirable but not the post offices fault, good colleagues and anice friendly environment to be in, good job
  1. Employee reviews