Practice Plus Group

Practice Plus Group Employee Reviews

Don't

Difficult management more interested in impressing the board. Very poor communication with no team meetings for weeks. No direction from department head only mind games.

Official response from Practice Plus Group

1 September 2021
“I was very sorry to read this. I am keen to discuss these matters with you so if you feel able to do so I would be grateful if you could contact me so we can arrange a convenient time and date”. – Andy Lunt, Managing Director, Secondary Care

HMP Winchester

The NHS trust was taken over by PPG.Bullying of staff my management. Paid terribly. No appropriate equipment. No courses as expected.Don't bother working for these people at this location.

Pros

Lovely team mates and officers.

Cons

Long hours, bullying from management, no courses.

Awful place to work

The most disrespectful place to work. Everybody is out for themselves. Some managers are visible others are not. Very stressful job and managers do not seem to care about extreme stress situations whereby you feel the need to be signed off for your own mental sanity. Working in situations that is inhuman. I haven’t worked in a place like this where you can be expected to pick up most of the work from others due to “staffing problems.” Lots of pressure put on to us from the national managers without actually knowing what it is we do. Some staff can work from home due to travel in the Corona-Virus epidemic but others can’t; some people’s safety is more important.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Every thing else

Positive work environment

As a large provider of healthcare services this company do really well; compared to others in the sector they really care. Always looking for ways to improve, constantly seeking feedback and input from staff. They are as generous as they can be with all incentives, benefits and salaries. Working with such a variety of people is interesting and the scope of services run makes it a very exciting environment.

Pros

A culture of constant improvement

Cons

Super busy all the time; but this makes it exciting too.

Bulling by management

Appalling place to work for. Intimidating, bulling senior nursing management in Outpatients who have been allowed to continue unchecked for some years. Complaints about their behaviour have been ignored for some time , and little has been done to rectify it by senior management, even though they are aware of it. The staff turnover for both nursing and admin in Outpatients is unbelievably high due to the bulling, intimidation, lack of career progression, and lack of support in the work place. A cultural of blame exists here, and the fear of being ridiculed constantly wears the staff down.

Pros

The nursing and admin team are great

Cons

Bulling and intimidation by Nursing management.

Official response from Practice Plus Group

6 October 2021
I very sorry to hear this, we take such allegations very seriously and would like to offer you the opportunity to discuss further, if you feel comfortable please approach the HR team, or if you prefer please feel free to come to me directly, Adrian.Peake@practiceplusgroup.com, Operations Director Secondary Care

TOXIC unprofessional bullying management

This is the most soul destroying place to work. The wider prison isn't so bad but the bad management in healthcare makes it unbearable. No care or concern for staff or patients where there is a divide between the hard working staff and the "friends club" which is management- unlikely to be promoted unless you are in with management. Totally unprofessional and dangerous practices which you will be bullied for if you try and speak out about. When dangerous errors are made by senior staff such as dispensing the wrong medication it is covered up.If you value your career in health care do not work here as there is a good chance you will end up in coroners court.

A really supportive team

I love the fact that no two days are the same. I work in a great team and all I have encountered at other sites are lovely as well. Can genuinely say I enjoy going to work. Management are starting to listen to staff about some of the benefits that could be improved and one of the best places I have worked from communicating to staff from the top with monthly and weekly comms. Also has a Fit club to encourage us to stay healthy in lock down and weekly company newsletter recognising staff awards, compeitions and more.

Pros

Great Team, desire to make a difference and lots of career development support available

Cons

Not the best sick pay policy but willing to support if genuine need

Day Surgery Peninsula. Awful

Worked In Day Surgery at Peninsula for 18 months. In that time 5 band 5 staff nurses left . The management are rude and rarely come out of their office even when extra help is needed. I was told to remove my mask at the beginning of the pandemic by the matron whilst queuing for a coffee. They do not like being questioned about the way they behave.You will owe hours if you finish early these will be added to your shifts the following month or pay will be taken .Shifts will be changed at short notice .Bank holiday and annual leave entitlement confusing it changed when I was working there HR would not answer my emails . One of the most negative experiences I have had in 30 years of nursing. Don’t do it you are not appreciated and nurses are undervalued.

Pros

No nights

Cons

Under valued nursing staff

Awful Place to Work

Absolutely no communication as nearly all departments seem to be hostile towards each other,planning and logistics of bookings are terrible, the building is very tired and starting to show its age, It’s very stressful to work here and it has a very toxic atmosphere also made worse by the fact that there is no pay if you need to self isolate. It’s difficult to trust anyone as there is a lot of gossiping and bullying. Very bad blame culture as most people will not account for their mistakes and it’s always someone else’s fault. Most policy’s and guidelines aren’t followed as nearly everyone does there own thing. Sooner or later something bad will happen as they have just been lucky so far

Pros

Cons

Lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Practice Plus Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9

2.0Job security/advancement
  • Practice Plus Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?