Practice Plus Group
Happiness score is 39 out of 100

Working at Practice Plus Group: 35 Practice Plus Group Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews

teammanagementplacepayworkingworkpeoplelot

Poor leadership and culture in head office

I started and left very quickly as it was clear out was not somewhere I could stay long term. There had been a lot of change in a short space if time and the top level leadership was problematic and the processes non-existent. Feedback seemed to fall on deaf ears.

Badly Managed

Started working as part of a team of six …. Everyone really friendly including the nursing teams, consultants and management. Sadly the hospital is managed by their sister hospital in Bristol and the SMT …. Constantly being scrutinised for our workload, and being told we’re not doing enough. Our admin team is made up of 6 people … Bristol is made up of over 50 with different teams. By the end of my first year our whole team had left , leaving devizes having to find a complete new admin team…. The hospital manager is approachable and try’s very hard to make improvements … Would I return …. If changes were made from the SMT on their high expectations and little support given for Devizes

Pros

Free Parking

Cons

Lack of support from management team

Insights into Practice Plus Group

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Fantastic workplace

Couldn't be happier working at PPG IUC recruitment team, very sad to leave but my contract is up and no possibility to extend or go perm. Wish them all the best and that our paths cross again!

Pros

Great work life balance

Bristol administration

Very fast paced company with a lot to learn, however if you want to progress up the ladder you will have every opportunity to here , they promote from within and training opportunities are plenty expect to work hard , good pay but they are flexible and look after staffs needs - if you want to work for it you can achieve it here

Avoid

Communication is awful as nearly all departments seem to be hostile towards each other, planning and logistics of bookings are terrible. It’s very stressful to work here and it has a toxic atmosphere which results in a high turnover of staff. Also the staff benefits are rubbish and very little use to anyone.It’s difficult to trust anyone as there is a lot of gossiping and bullying. Very bad blame culture as most people will not account for their mistakes and it’s always someone else’s fault. Management have no clue other than to push to do more no matter what. Making more cash is everything, it doesn’t matter what is achieved you will always be expected to do more. Most policy’s and guidelines aren’t followed, just when it suits, it’s all just for show. Sooner or later something bad will happen as they have just been lucky so far

Awful management

I would never work for practice plus again. They don’t care about their staff or the pts. They are a money making business full stop. Management are out for themselves and have their favorites

PPG Bristol - absolutely not.

The strangest atmosphere of any company I’ve ever worked for. I cannot stress this enough, the turnover is high for a reason. The majority of people I trained with have left already. If you value your mental health, please do not work here. I could not tell you who my line manager was. You get no support, you are expected to take call after call continuously, no matter how abusive/traumatic the call may have been. It’s very common to see people walking out of the door crying. The supervisors are unprofessional, cliquey and gossip with other members of staff. The callers themselves are usually stressed from being passed over to someone else again and again. Just save yourself the trouble, don’t do it!

Been here 3 years love going to work :)

It's a gorgeous site to work at and I am lucky to have friendly colleagues who all pull together when times are hard.Only down fall is could do with more competitive pay.

Pros

Amazing staff!

Cons

Can be stressful and would like to see more wages.

111 call handling in Bristol

The in class room training was fine, informative and relaxed. Going out to the call centre was unsupported with bad "trainers". Bad work - life balance. Poor pay. Stressful. Every caller moans about the service (read 111 reviews on Google)

Pros

The class room trainers

Cons

Everything else

Do not work here!!!! If I could give -5 I would!

The management don't care about anything apart from figures. There is no career progression only empty promises, don't even think about getting a salary increase it will never happen here. They will work you til you crumble - literally!Management Stick by each other so if you're not at that level you won't even get a look in.Generally friendly people but the business as a whole doesn't care enough for the staff and people that actually run the business day to day.

Pros

Cons

Everything and more

Stressful, no staffLong hours poor managementBullying accepted

Poor management, corrupt. Stressful blame game, no support from management.Regional team dont acknowledge any one in position or below them. Not fair pay. If your face fits you'll get far

Pros

Free food

Cons

Stress Corrupt Pay not fair

Pressure Paced Environment

Pay was very good, however you are forced to cut things short with patients and told the call length shouldn't be more than 6mins they monitor this for 6 months. If it is then your out. They do monthly audits and if you fail them your taken if phones given training then tested again. If you fail your out. Job security is very difficult but pay is good.

Pros

Night shift/ Overtime pay

Cons

Call handling stress

Great company to work for

my overall experience of working for Practice Plus Group is outstanding. the support, training and opportunities available are great. 100% recommend

Pros

great training packages, great support network, great opportunities

Challenging and rewarding

Fast-paced and at times can be quite stressful (as is healthcare), however there are fantastic colleagues across Emersons Green and Devizes and I have found them great to work with. I have been given development opportunities within the organisation and have been supported with this. Hence why I am still here 9 years on!

Pros

Free car parking for staff who live more than 15 miles away, On-site canteen selling good and varied food, Limited on-call duties and no sunday working, Collaborative working, Development

I learnt lots!

It depends on what sector and where you work in, but there is a lot to learn and pick up. It is a fast paced environment where the work may be stressful due to the nature of the company, however this is totally understandable, especially since the recent climate.

Pros

Helpful work materials, Free takeaways

Cons

site was a bit smaller and isolated

Really nice place to work but wages do not mirror the workload

Really nice place to work however wages do not mirror the amount of work and responsibility. All staff are on different wages, new starters are on much higher than staff who've been there for years with loads of experience.

Cons

Salary

Unhappy place to work with no support from management

Bad place to work, no support from Managers or HR. People doing jobs roles with no precious experience. No team work within other departments as most staff are unhappy.

Lovely friendly helpful team. I highly recommend!

Great team working together providing the best patient service in order to complete the patient care pathway from admission to discharge. A busy interesting role with lots to learn about the surgical patient.

Avoid at all costs

Bullying, corrupt management, no training, poor communication. Staff getting away with things and always looking to get you in to trouble, full of snakes

Pros

Cons

Many

Really rewarding HIJ job

Job is really rewarding and the prison staff are really friendly. Other staff in different departments for ppg really work well together and help each other out. Not much support from management unless they need to pass on negative feedback. To be honest you’ll hardly ever see them they tend not to leave their office and just send emails rather then have conversations with people

Pros

Really good team

Cons

No support from management

Good place to work with a supportive team and good management support. Offers great opportunities for career progression or working across different sites/areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Practice Plus Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement