Premier Homecare Limited

Insights into Premier Homecare Limited

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Great for new people with no experience

I started premier Homecare with no experience in care what so ever , however , with the two week shadowing I have gained confidence . All staff I’ve met including office staff are very polite and friendly . So excited to work for this company for many years to come .

Love the job

You must love what you do for this job. Colleagues become friends quickly, most are great to work with. As with any company it’s not all sunshine and rainbows but the pros outweigh the cons 9 out of 10 times.

Pros

School hours can be accommodated

welcoming and friendly environment

I feel very welcomed within this company and have found that I have full support whether i'm at work or even outside of work. Everyone that I have met so far have been extremely friendly and supportive and i enjoy working with them. I really enjoy my job and am very happy that i made the change and can see a bright future within this company.

11 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review. We are so pleased you feel welcome with the Premier Homecare Team - we know how important this is - especially when you are the new guy! it is our job to help you succeed so here's to a very positive future for you with Premier!

Excellent company

I really enjoyed working for Premier, I only left as I was moving away.Very Organised Home care, definitely the best I’ve worked for, Rotas are well planned out, more than enough travel time and plenty of time with clients, no stress would 100% recommend working here.All office staff are lovely, other carers were nice and easy to work with.

Pros

Plenty of time to do your work

Cons

Top quality company with the best rates

The level of support, training and care to their employees is first class. The managers are so helpful and always available. Due to personal issues, I know I wasn't the nicest at communicating and never have they treated me differently and only showed me encouragement and comfort.Met a few carers, of all ages, where I was able to learn from each of them as I was new to the caring industry, and most if not all, were so kind, again supportive with a great sense of humour. Please don't believe any of the above and find out for yourself. If I may add, be brutally honest with what hours/days you can do as they are fully aware of life's (ever so changing) demands. If/when I am back in Bristol, I would definitely apply to join Premier Homecare again.

26 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us - it is very appreciated. At Premier Homecare, Bristol it is our focus to ensure all of our staff including, importantly our Live In carers, are supported and valued. We recognise the need to ensure our Live In carers are supported and ensure we are able to offer face to face support where at all possible. Thankyou for your time with us and we hope you are doing well wherever you are now.

Amazing care company to work for

I hadn't worked in care before joining Premier in March this year but I've had excellent training, supervision and support that made me feel confident within my first couple of weeks. Everyone who works for Premier is so friendly and helpful, it is a lovely team to work in. There is always someone on the end of the phone if you need support whilst out on calls or to speak to before or after your shift, or if you want a supervisor to come to a visit with you they are always happy to. Also calls are a minimum of 1 hour which means there is enough time to get everything done as well as have a good chat with service users. Can't recommend Premier enough!

Pros

Paid for driving time, friendly staff, good hours, 1 hour minimum calls

very supportive and professional company

I started with Premier in 2019 following a recommendation from a good friend and this was the best decision I ever made. Premier are a very well organized company who offer loads of support especially those who are new to care. There are no 30 minute calls like at my last company which is a huge bonus as this is not enough time to get to know a client. The routes are well planned meaning you don't have to travel from one side of Bristol to another. There is always someone on the other end of the phone for support, day and night. I would highly recommend this company.

Pros

great support, paid for whole shift

Cons

can be stressful at times, but support is given

Excellent company to work for

Premier is an excellent company to work for, I came back after 6 years. I wouldn't work for any other care company as Premier care for their staff as well as their service users. You also get paid for the whole time that you are out on the road which is fantastic! And you never have calls which are under an hour so you get time to actually build a report with the service user.

Pros

Paid well, excellent team

amazing opportunities.

I have worked for Premier Homecare coming up three years in April, and I have enjoyed every minute. From the day I started I knew this was the company/job for me. I have been working within the care sector for almost ten years (7 of those years within care homes) and I have finally now found where I am happiest. From day one I have felt supported and have been able to progress within the company, which was one of my goals. I started working with Premier as a senior homecare support worker, due to my previous experience, 15 months later became a trainer (trained new carers, on their first week) and now I can proudly say I am a supervisor. I am over the moon with my progression, which would never of happened without such an amazing management team.There are so many benefits to working for Premier, just a few are; the 1 hour minimum visit call time, payed travel time, amazing support network, opportunities to progress, lovely team of homecare support workers and lovely service users. Joining Premier Homecare really was the best thing I have done career wise, do not hesitate to get in contact, you really will not regret it!

Pros

1 hour minimum call time, payed travel time.

Cons

Absolutely none!

29 March 2021
Its such a great feeling to know we have supported people to progress and how happy and content they feel in their role...thankyou for this lovely review - you've helped to make the team what it is too - well done!

Like extended family

One year ago today I joined Premier Homecare, it's the best decision I have ever made, I love my job and have support from some of the best people I have had the pleasure to work with, thanks to all for everything, here's to the next year, from one happy employee.

Pros

Really supportive

Cons

There are none

16 March 2021
How lovely to hear this...its a pleasure having you on board. Thankyou for your part too in making Premier Homecare such a special place to work.

Jobs at Premier Homecare Limited

See more jobs

Love my job,enjoy every minute

The most amazing caring, lovelyest staff and bosses you could wish to meet,so professional, but make you feel 100% part of the team,love the care they give to every single service user.amazing

Very professional and friendly!

Very supportive and professional, so far I am very pleased that I have chosen to work for Premier Homecare. They do deliver high standards of care to their service users, but also they care about their staff, which is very rare.

Just brilliant !

Premier Homecare is a really good company to work for, I just enjoy it. The office staff are really helpful and they do their very best with rota planning to ensure you get run is rather than calls all over new carers get good training and they have good bonus and incentive . I would recomend working for Premier to anyone.Their training programmes are fantastic & very well organised. Everyone is so friendly & helpful & there for you.

Amazing company!

I have absolutely loved my time at Premier Homecare so far. Everyone i have met has been so lovely. All seniors/supervisors are always happy to answer any questions you have and never judge. The company is ran amazingly, although you work alone you never feel alone, there is always someone knowledgeable on the other end of the phone. Can't recommend this xompamy enough. Has been a pleasure to work for them

JUST BRILLIANT !! Premier all the way !!

After working for Premier Homecare for almost a year, I left for financial reasons. WHY is it that we always think the grass is greener on the other side WELL...... What a mistake !!! I lasted just a few days and came straight back. Premier Homecare are by far the best care company I have worked for. to date. Management are approachable and accommodating. Premier Homecare really DO care about their staff and clients. Working Hours are reasonable and with 1 hour calls and good time allowed for travel between calls you really can deliver excellent care and get to know your clients well and feel like you really do make a difference to another persons life and even the lives of their families, knowing that their loved ones are in good hands. Just a brilliant team overall, from your fellow Support workers to the Admin team, Homecare Coordinators, Supervisors, Trainers, Rota department, Help desk and the out of hours on-call service, You are supported 100% Being back with Premier Homecare just a few weeks now I have increased my hours to full time and been offered a Senior Carer Position- I'm just thrilled to say the least ! Can't wait to see what the future holds ! Overall Premier Homecare actually offer very reasonable rates of pay, you get paid accurately and on time every month not to mention the excellent rate of pay for bank holidays ! If you want to be well supported, be part of a great team of carers, be given excellent training and work for an outstanding company DON'T delay JOIN Premier Homecare Today - What are you waiting for ?

Pros

1 hour calls, Good Training, Supportive Team

Cons

None !

Fantastic Company

Right, I've got to tell people about this company. A year ago I got a job as a HCA with Premier Home Care Limited. I was totally disillusioned by my previous care companies. My friend had started for Premier and advised me to try there, as she found them really good. So off I went to Canford Lane. I was interviewed on the spot, gave my references, told them of my years as a Carer and how much I loved what I do, but hated the way Care was being delivered. I told that I had a condition called Fibromyalgia, but that I refused to let it get the better of me. Soon after, I got the lovely news that I was successful and was offered the job. I am so glad I did. During the course of this past year I have had the most amazing support from all the staff , seniors and supervisors, and from management. I have loved every minute of this year. I have gained my confidence back, overcome the fear I had of management (as I had been badly bullied in a previous job) and got my joie de vivre back. My customers love to see me coming and I love brightening their day. I have had trials and tribulations, accidents and emergencies, highs and lows. Throughout all of that I had amazing support! Always. Immediately. Every time. I pop into the office regularly and got to know all the behind the scene lovelies who are there for support and friendship and encouragement. We laugh. A lot. We cry too, that happens in our job, because we treat our customers like we would care for a family member, and yes! it hurts when we lose one. We share their highs and their lows, and we help them to cope with their conditions, -

Pros

Excellent training, outstanding support, excellent employers.

Cons

I really can't think of even 1.

Amazing company

I have worked with Premier for nearly 7 months now & cannot recommend them enough. They genuinely care for not only their clients but their carers & their support is second to none. Their training programmes are fantastic & very well organised. Everyone is so friendly & helpful & there for you. I know I have found the company that I will spend the rest of my career with as they are the Best..

Pros

Great support from a Friendly team, Dedicated Helpline, Great work incentives

Great Company to work for

Worked in care for many years and finally a company who listen to their carers - Been here 3 months and feel supported and valued - everyone is very friendly and overall can't find anything to complain about - well run and great team- Thank you Premier Homecare

Pros

Good salary - no short calls

Cons

There are none

1 hour minimum visit times! So nice not to rush!

I came to work at Premier Homecare five months ago....Wow what a difference.......I came from a Care Company which done half hour calls to their Clients which was a big struggle to get everything done and spend time with the Client. I now do a minimum visit of 1 hour per call and what a difference....... Happy Carer, happy Clients, no more rushing. Great support and organization of work, wish I made the change earlier!

Pros

Giving qualitiy time to Client

Excellent Company to Work for

I have worked for Premier for just over 5 months and have to say that it is such a lovely company to work for, every member of staff has been so friendly and helpful. Coming from a non-care background (looking after the elderly) I was really impressed at the level of training provided and the continual on-going support. There is ALWAYS someone really nice and helpful on the end of the phone if you ever get stuck or need to clarify anything. You really get the sense that they care about their staff. I only did mornings and the usual shift is 07:00 - 15:00 but they let me finish at 14:00 in order to collect my daughter from school so I really appreciated this flexibility. It's a great job to work around homelife. I only left due to living quite far away and the travel involved. The company is extremely well run and you don't feel overly rushed between calls as enough time is allowed to get from one place to get to the next (I understand this is not always the case from a lot of other carers I have spoken to who have worked for different companies). The hardest part of of the job I would probably have to say was the travel as I did worry a lot about all the wear and tear on my car and also for the fact I started my first call at 7am and finished at 2pm but only got paid for 5 hrs, 45 mins as you don't get paid fully for travel times. However, you do get 45p per mile and 50p between calls. The way the rota is worked out you stay in the same area as well so your not going from one side of Bristol to another. The job is the most enjoyable when someone -

Pros

Great Support, Lovely Service Users, Flexibility

Cons

Travel, not getting paid for the full hours I worked as on a zero hours contract

Great now jobs are Salaried!

Very caring and well-organised company compared to others I’ve worked at as a carer. I got lots of support when I started and they really care about the clients too. It’s great that I now i’ve been here 6 months I get a salary rather than zero hours which means i’m Paid for all my 7.5 hour shift - very different to other places i’ve Worked. Glad I made the change.

Pros

Salaried position

Cons

None really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Homecare Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Premier Homecare Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?