Premier Inn

Premier Inn Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,954 reviews

Found 1,954 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,041 reviews

its okay

Its a good environment to work in, Can find that things get too much sometimes and its all very fast, friendly people, but can just feel like you are drained after work

Pros

discount on rooms, beefeater

Cons

hard work

fajn

ok sjdhdjsud. xhx sj ybux x sjsmd. xjc djsmjs nyzs. susn shs jy dnyndjdndj

Awful

The night before my shift id feel psychically sick checking to see who i'm working with as the atmosphere around certain members was disgusting id find myself locking myself away in the room and rushing around to get out of that place. The work place made me feel so poorly i'd often find myself ringing in sick a lot just because of the people at Premier Inn which includes both Housekeeping and Receptionist members. Always made to help others when i've finished my rooms yet never any help given towards me when i had the MOST rooms out of everyone and the MOST family rooms out of the members which made me feel singled out a lot. If you want to be put in a position of feeling psychically sick and not wanting to go to work then great work for Premier Inn Grimsby! Management is poor and lack of communication throughout the whole year i was working here.

Lack s leadership

Poor management on all levels. No normal shift pattern hence you could work a full 8 days without a day off, then be given 2 days off, work 1 day, then 2 days off, called in on your days off as they have no structure to the shift at all. The most disorganised housekeeping job with absolutely no appreciation to the members of staff that have gone above and beyond. Hence staff turn over is quite high

Good

Overall a good company to work for.Very flexible working hours - if needed I.e work around childcare needsGood wage Managers and team work is amazing

Pay

Pay is not equal across the company receptionist are doing more than there fair share of the depty manager's duties and don't get the credit or the pay

Fun and challenging workplace

A typical day would involve either working behind the buffet and stocking up food items, or waiting tables and removing plates etc. On an evening shift, I would work behind the bar or waiting tables. The management staff were knowledgeable but not enthusiastic about their jobs and often complained about small things which made me feel less confident and made me question whether I wanted to pursue a career there or not. The workplace culture was overall very friendly but slightly odd - the supervising staff clearly favoured those that had been working there long-term and neglected the seasonal workers more opportunities. For example, I was never properly taught how to use the company system on the reception desk, despite this being part of the job description, and it led to issues when other staff members weren't available to check guests in and out. Also, as per detailed in the employee information before I applied, I was supposed to receive an employee card to entitle me to discount in Whitbread companies and other benefits - I never received this. The toughest part of the job was adjusting to the volume of customers in the busy summer holidays. The most enjoyable part was learning new skills such as how to work behind the bar, and working on reception on those rare occasions.

Pros

Free breakfast (when working longer shift)

Cons

Inadequate training

Underpaid for a stressful hard job ..more and more work is just piled on

Liked the job but not enough pay..too much is expected of staff for not enough pay.They cutback continuously on everything & say it's to 'improve business '

A returning mistake.

Management very unprofessional, disrespectful, unhelpful, very easy to pass the blame. Work life balance none existent. HINT - Don’t phone in sick! (They don’t like that).

Premier Inn

They promote jobs but the jobs aren't what you would expect. Ie nights receptionist. You don't sit behind a computer or do any filing. It's basically cleaning jobs, the added of guest arriving late and you having to checking them in.Good team work within all areas of departments.Could do with higher paid especially for night workers.

Pros

Half price staying in Premier Inn. When working a shift you only pay 3quid for any meal

Cons

You have to find your own cover if your sick.

Okay place to work

It was okay just the people I worked with wasn’t very nice as I stood out as the young person, pay was great for my age but the balance wasn’t okay for my every day to day life.

I loved my time here the most out of all my jobs

Loved it here, loved everyone. The managment the staff. Everyone was lovely and i miss them all.Its a very fast paced job. I was in housekeeping, you have roughly 24 minutes to strip a room and set it all back up. I loved cleaning here. Was a sence of achievment when looking back on the rooms iv done😊

Pros

Brilliant staff

Cons

None.

Fun

Good place to work. Boost my confidence with help of the whole team. I get along with everyone. Support is always available of needed. I recommend

Not what I wanted it to be

Was very excited to work at Premier Inn, however, it wasn't what I expected it to be. Shifts are awkward and understaffed with racist/transphobic coworkers! The systems they use are old and go down often, and they expect you to look after several hundred guests by yourself after only after a few days/weeks. The training systems are very bureaucratic, far-fetched, and to say the least - silly. Because of the understaffing, you're made to partake in roles outside of your standard job description such as changing beds, cleaning rooms, and changing the dishwasher and washing the cleaners' cloths for the next day.

Not valued at all.never help if your stuffing with the job.never train you properly

Nice at first then you a over worked under paid an no value as a person at all.training for the job was to stay with someone for an hour an then your on your own.to meany rooms to clean in short space of time never any proper equipment to do the job

Long hours mean you don’t have a good work life balance. When they say you finish at 5, it will be more like 5:30. The work you do is often not appreciated.

Not worth the money

The management will not support you. You will be left finding cover if anyone calls in sick. You can face abuse from guests and only have digital security to call. Not worth the amount you’re payed.

Friendly Environment

Friendly and helpful colleagues. Nice place to work. Free breakfast and £2 dinners. Encouraging management. Team night out from time to time is always fun.

Fun but stressful

Premier inn as a company is great but covid has really made working in hospitality really stressful and I feel they could do more to help teams through it

Great

great for those starting in hospitality, learn all aspects of then industry over 1 or multiple hotels. Like in most jobs tho you will have to work hard to get good results

It was great overall

it was very fun working there very strssst at times however i enjoyed it and learnt a lot. Great for students who need a part time job . very friendly staff and great work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement