Premier Inn

Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Found 1,709 reviews matching the search
terrible management throughout the company all over the country- everything else: wonderful. An excellent workspace with so many opportunities to learn and advance your career further. From a culturally diverse workforce to a fascinating work ethic unlike any other I have witnessed. Do it, go for an interview!
I have learnt many key skills over here where I have tried my best to maintain a good work standard at the company. I have improved in my communication as most of the job duty is to communicate with guests. I have also received First Aid training which has enabled myself to handle a situation where medical assistance is needed
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management at the site is not that good
I loved my Housekeeping job and would work here again, even though it does get tiring. Morning start, about 5/6 hour shifts up to 10-13 rooms a day, great flexibility with your home life. Other work colleagues very friendly and work part of a great team! I would work here again.
Pros
Great company
Cons
On your feet so it does get tiring.
The work place was initially good, but the staff not so good. Workers mostly from different countrys and very rude to the locals trying to find work in thier local area.
If you don't finish in the time they give you on the sheet..you don't get paid after the time but still have to finish the given rooms on the sheet....someone new and unexperienced would struggle and if the rooms are messy you need more time, you just pray the rooms are left fairly tidy and quick to clean or you are working overtime for free
Pros
Finish 2pm-3pm
Cons
Set time limits
Very fast paced job, often working within time limits to complete on time. Although, friendly staff and flexibility is offered. One downside is the maximum full time hours available was 30hrs at the time I was with the company.
Pros
Free Breakfasts on weekends
Cons
Short hours
They are a good company friendly and welcoming colleagues are lovely toThey looked after us through the pandemic with 100% wages. The hours can be harder when busy then can slow when not busy
Pros
Cheap food for staff and staff discount
Cons
Seasonal can be long hours eg summertime
Management are very unprofessional Very clicky No support when needed Miserable staff Favouritism To many sickness Not a fair place to work when comes to rota breaks training etc
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Unprofessional
Very low pay. No home life at all absolutely none. No sick pay. Hotels run on as few staff as physically possible.You'll be regularly contactee before and after your shift ends... On your days off and yes even on your holidays as the 'business needs come first'.Job is dull and repetative, customers are hit and miss, some are nice but lots are not. Managers are low paid also compared with other companies thus are not great. In general avoid you'll be better paid have more benifits and have more colleagues working in a supermarket.
Pros
Honestly none.
Cons
Poor pay, no work life balance. Etc etc....
Wonderful experience, everything superlative.Any problem I had everyone came to meet me, and otice I asked was always answered. I am very satisfied with the experience made
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Premier Inn?
Great for people with children at school as time to start can be 9.30 and usually finnesh before school close it’s very flexible around child care good company to work for
Pros
Share schemes
Cons
Weekend worko
Hard work, demanding , very little paid. The lowest national price for such hard work is a joke. Management is okay , they are helpful. The company is reliable when it comes to payouts , they are always on time, holidays are paid.
Pros
Free lunches
Started enthusiastic and believed in the company but over time learn that they just squeeze the humanity until you are a permanently smiling robot.Good job if you want to just learn the industry and chug along, if you want to progress you can do that too, just be prepared to be moulded into something you don't want to be.Manager was however fantastic and under appreciated
Pros
Overcomplicated and underwhelming rewards scheme
Cons
Everything is overcomplicated, it's not really about the guests
Luck of the draw here! You can have a manager who’s great and ones who’s not, the cluster managers are stern and unapproachable and can be intimidating which is not ok! The pay is poor and the hours are long! It was ok because I wanted to progress but I would never go back! Just a number here and not much respect!
Pros
Payday! Even if it was comical!
Cons
Most things!
stressful. poor management. bosses who couldnt care less about you and only care about getting their bonuses at the end of the year. treated horribly by some guests. still a stigma of being inferior, or less than because youre a member of the cleaning team. a high turn over of staff, no one stays longer than six months to a year. staff expected to train any new members that start working without extra time or pay. no communication between team and higher ups.
I enjoyed working there. Tbe manager/s genuinely are very good. I'd recommend it although it does involve shift work, which some peolle dont like. I liked working there.
Pros
Good managers.
Cons
Shifts, night working
Two buildings 1 had a lift one didn't and No shoots for linen porters to use former linen porters complaining about bad back carried heavy item up the stairs the staff were nice and friendly job hours were cut sometimes only works for one hour it is a fun job at times
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Cut hours
Job is easy and simple however you have a clear separation between nights and the rest of the staff that work there. Youre like forgotten employees and always looked at like we do nothing all night. You hear a lot of, leave it for nights so we're left with extra jobs from days because they can't be bothered to do it. Management are rarely to be seen. They're never in early enough to see them before we finish our shift and they're never seen when we start. Never given chances to progress through the company even though multiple times I've expressed what my intentions we're. They'd happily have me cover some DM shifts and cover shef shifts though when they short staffed amd struggling. Glad I left 4 years too long stuck on nights and feeling unappreciated.
Pros
Good diacount on booking rooms through employee offer
Cons
Poor pay for nights
I suffered with mental health and they didn't make it any easier for me. Manager was only intrested in making me feel bad and putting me down. So many staff were in and out of the kitchen because it was such a bad place to work.
I worked for premier inn for over 3 years, if you are looking for a bog standard job with no work life balance then choose this company. Pros:- no problems with wages or holiday pay, good staff, pretty secure job if you want it to be. Cons:- poor wage rate, no staff development, promotions only given to those with degrees, clueless management.All in all if its just a job you are looking for then go for it but don't expect to climb the ladder unless you kiss management butt or have a degree, they talk the talk of staff development but that's all it is, if you are good at your job they will just keep you in your position because good staff are hard to come by and this makes them unwilling to let you progress in the company.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
No staff investment or development, clueless management.
Alot is expected in a short time frame, for example, extra jobs to do in rooms, but same amount of time given (23 mins) You are expected to clean up to the standard, but with consistency, which can become in consistency when you feel rushed or pressured. Then you are criticised when a full check is done. The percentage scores on the board are degrading and only add to the stress. You are just a number at this company and management only care when they are picking out faults with your hard work. I went from "your rooms are brilliant today" to "your scores need to be higher". Alot of discrimination takes place in that certain people will get a shorter room allocation sheet and others are left with more, not dealt out fairly at all, then they blame the "computer". Who's puts the data into it in the first place? Overall just an awful place to work, the only good thing is one of the friends I made there and that the pay is good. Theres nothing else to say really. Avoid if you can, unless absolutely desperate for a job.
Pros
Cons
Non specific working hours/ different from job advert
  1. Employee reviews