Premier Inn

Housekeeper545 reviews
United Kingdom545 reviews

Found 545 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,054 reviews

Not good pay

Not enjoyable to work here very greedy staff. I had experience with one manager who insisted that I did not changed the sheets of a double bed and also accused me of using drugs while on shift, she was very inconsiderate and delusional. Boss did nothing to help

Very fast paced

Can be very stressful, especially on weekends. You don't know what time you'll finish as you don't know how many rooms you'll be cleaning and how dirty they'll be.

Pros

Discounts on stays.

Cons

You don't know what time you'll finish

Insights into Premier Inn

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Busy.

Can be very busy at times. 20minutes to do a room isnt always enough time especially if really messt. Can come in one day to only get 7 rooms and another day you have got 14 rooms to do. Plenty of overtime available.

its okay

Its a good environment to work in, Can find that things get too much sometimes and its all very fast, friendly people, but can just feel like you are drained after work

Pros

discount on rooms, beefeater

Cons

hard work

fajn

ok sjdhdjsud. xhx sj ybux x sjsmd. xjc djsmjs nyzs. susn shs jy dnyndjdndj

Awful

The night before my shift id feel psychically sick checking to see who i'm working with as the atmosphere around certain members was disgusting id find myself locking myself away in the room and rushing around to get out of that place. The work place made me feel so poorly i'd often find myself ringing in sick a lot just because of the people at Premier Inn which includes both Housekeeping and Receptionist members. Always made to help others when i've finished my rooms yet never any help given towards me when i had the MOST rooms out of everyone and the MOST family rooms out of the members which made me feel singled out a lot. If you want to be put in a position of feeling psychically sick and not wanting to go to work then great work for Premier Inn Grimsby! Management is poor and lack of communication throughout the whole year i was working here.

Lack s leadership

Poor management on all levels. No normal shift pattern hence you could work a full 8 days without a day off, then be given 2 days off, work 1 day, then 2 days off, called in on your days off as they have no structure to the shift at all. The most disorganised housekeeping job with absolutely no appreciation to the members of staff that have gone above and beyond. Hence staff turn over is quite high

Underpaid for a stressful hard job ..more and more work is just piled on

Liked the job but not enough pay..too much is expected of staff for not enough pay.They cutback continuously on everything & say it's to 'improve business '

Okay place to work

It was okay just the people I worked with wasn’t very nice as I stood out as the young person, pay was great for my age but the balance wasn’t okay for my every day to day life.

Not valued at all.never help if your stuffing with the job.never train you properly

Nice at first then you a over worked under paid an no value as a person at all.training for the job was to stay with someone for an hour an then your on your own.to meany rooms to clean in short space of time never any proper equipment to do the job

It was great overall

it was very fun working there very strssst at times however i enjoyed it and learnt a lot. Great for students who need a part time job . very friendly staff and great work environment.

Great benefits, great pay but awful turnover

Premier Inn has plenty of opportunities for new staff members to move up within the company through online learning tools. The company benefits are fantastic with a maximum of 50% percent off at any Premier Inn hotel and a 15% discount at Costa. The rate of turnover was very bad. Management was awful and I often felt very belittled. Double standards was a very common theme during my time working here.

Stressful

We need to clean the rooms as soon as possible but the management requested we clean deeply.About 20 mins per each roomBut the cleanliness of different rooms is various

Fast paced and stressful at times.

I don’t mind fast paced. What I don’t like is rules changing as to who’s on shift. There’s no consistency within the workplace. You are told to do one thing one day and it changes by the weekend and then back to the original plan depending on who’s in charge that day. Rotas changed without communication. No set finishing times instead there are estimated finish times the rota could say 9-1 but you’ll be there til 5 o’clock, while running against the clock with your rooms you’ve been allocated to clean but the linen rooms are never adequately stocked properly due to people not doing their jobs correctly.

Pros

Free reign

Cons

No communication, no set hours, no consistency, not enough staff

Fun but stressful

Worked as housekeeper. Worked to the bone. Had alot of appreciation from management and good pay though. Other staff were all very friendly and helped me settle in.

It's ok

It could be a lot better & cleaner but the hotel are not willing to do the little things such as ironing boards which are hard to iron cloths you have to put a towel underneath. Also pillow prectors would help to keep them in better condition for longer & fresher.

Housekeeping

It’s hard physical work yes, but if you are hard working and enjoy a fast pace it’s a good job. Training at first then once comfortable on your own you get your own rooms.

Pros

Hours to fit around family life, over time if wanted

Cons

Can get competitive between staff that think they are management

Hardwork as a housekeeper

It's very hard work, lots of room to turn over in a short space of time, it's hard on the body. Management and staff were ok, everyone was tired out usually.

Pros

Shortish hours

Cons

Very hard work

Stressful and exhausting workplace

First when I started I got trained by another housekeeping member. Started working in the rooms on beds and the bathrooms. After you are done with training you will get your own rooms, starting with few rooms and building your number of rooms up. The job is very physically and emotionally exhausting.Management in Premier Inn is ok but not the best. Lot of things are not working the way they should. Also the management does not show much appreciation towards people that work harder than others. They are not treated well and usually more work is put on them.It is not the best place to work.

Not happy place

Not a friendly happy environment as advertised, hours are not flexible, rota not fair on all staff only some They are not honest with you about the job you actually are going to do

Pros

Cons

Physical hard work

Staff think there management

Poorly run don’t treat all their workers fairly do not apply for this job you will regret it when your sick the rest of the team gossip and bully other staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement