Prestige Nursing + Care

Prestige Nursing + Care Employee Reviews

I joined prestige at the beginning of lockdown in may 2020 after I lost my job due to the virus. Although it was a strange time to start a new job the recruitment process was good and the online training that was provided was Excellent giving the circumstances the business was facing. I have had regular work and would happily recommend prestige to anyone that was looking for work in the care industry. The office staff have been fantastic and are always ready to support you in anything they can. I have been very lucky to find a job that I love as much as I do here, I feel respected and valued and don't feel like I'm just another number, which is often what carers face in this line of work.
Pros
Choose shifts around home life
Cons
Travel, hours not always guaranteed
Worked for this company for 2 years and it was the best place I worked for.amazing management,great understanding and communication.great rates of pay,the staff are amazing and kind.very compassionate staff and amazing clients to work for. Definitely recommended I go back any day xx
Pros
Caring, kind and a great understanding.great rates of pay
Cons
Not guarantee the hourse
I worked for prestige (sleaford branch) for a year only leaving due to covid. You pick your own hours, despite being zero hour contract they try their best to give as many hours as they can whilst being fair to all staff, you aren't harassed to cover. They provide ppe and uniform. The ladies in the office are lovely. Training is informative and prepares you for the work you are going to take on. I plan to go back as soon as I am able.
Pros
Pick own hours, great training, kind friendly managent
Cons
Due to being zero hours, hours are not guaranteed
Bad management unnaproachabl e went to manager with a very serious issue said was getting dealt with but it didn't if your manager can't deal with an issue then best thing to do find a job were the manager will.
Pros
Cons
Bad managment
Your not paid for online training !They promise you all sorts of hours and packages that doesnt happenGive you hours then after 2 wks they give them all to the new starters They constantly lie to you about hours, packages and anything and everythingThey promise to pay you for shifts cancelled last minute but dont and dont have the decency to let you knowThey dont know what communication and stability is !I wanted to leave on my second week just finding a job with security to go to
Pros
Choose your working days
Cons
Available hours and packages
I love working for Prestige Nursing and care. It is by far the best agency i have ever worked for i have worked for the Derby branch for 10 and a half years. I always feel supported by the branch staff they are all a lovely bunch in the office so friendly and kind they always take the time out to ensure i am ok. The online portal is fantastic everything we need to know is right there our rotas, our wage slips, p60's, holiday pay, our on line training we get a notification when its due to expire we can check or DBS to see when its also due to expire, the member benefits for the high street store is amazing some great offers each month. The branch does member of the month awards and Special contribution awards. Its weekly pay 2 free uniforms and i get paid for meetings and any training since i was signed off. I feel really supported during the Covid 19 pandemic i have never run out of PPE we always have enough to last us. i always get the hours i need to match my availability. why would i want to work anywhere else. I love my job, My clients and the branch i work for defiantly job satisfaction.
Pros
Dedicated Office team
I worked here for about 7 months and it was awful, branch management don’t care about the workers, there attitude towards you is shocking, don’t feel appreciated when you say yes to covering shifts on your days off, no support from senior management, the company is just one big joke!!
Pros
The clients
Cons
Rude management, awful attitude and under paid
It is a fast paced environment because it is caring and nursing It’s a very professional place to work and everyone is smart clean and tidy and proud of their jobs.They work as a team and support each other.
Pros
Lots to learn every day and put it to great practice
Cons
People you care for can go into homes or pass away very sadly
Since working with Prestige I am enjoying my time. There is no stress here. Management is very respectful. Any assistance required from management they are quick to assist. To be fair it's been one of the best companies I have worked for in many many years. Only downside is that it's zero hours contract. However you are never short of hours.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Zero hours
Loved the different job changes, gives you more of an indepth of what work is available. This also gives you the oppertunity to find full time work in an area that you have been given shifts to work in different companies. This is a great way to find what your looking for in your future line of work.
Pros
Great training/ support
Cons
Travelling if you do not drive.
Branch management absolutely awful, don't care about the workers nor the clients. Reported safeguarding many times over past couple of years and has always been swept under the carpet. Office staff rude and pushy, putting phone down or raising voice if you decline a shift or don't agree to something. Pandemic period - speachless. Necessary equipment and hygiene supplies not provided. Required to go to branch to pick up ppe on our days off, guess nearly ÂŁ4 they take from our pay EACH WEEK goes on... What exactly? Everyone is told a different thing. For doing our work sheets I was told years ago. New staff is told "uniform". Multiply that by 52 weeks in a year... They take around ÂŁ120 from our bank accounts, for nothing. Do not get a job with this bunch of imbeciles, all u gonna get is sleepless nights and stress. If I had to mention everything - I'd be writing a BOOK. AVOID AVOID AND AVOID!!!!!!!!
Pros
Complex care packages
Cons
Hours as and when if management likes you, rude staff, compulsive liars in office, paperwork not being reviewed, awful attitude, low pay
Did not enjoy my time here, lack of communication between head office and other branches, Lack of training and lack of support from management. Very few opportunities, ridiculous expectations, and a lack of understanding for work life balance.
26 August 2020
Thank you for your feed back. We are sorry that you have had this experience and would welcome the opportunity to discuss further. Please email us at hr@prestige-nursing.co.uk so that we can arrange to discuss in more detail.
Avoid! This company do NOT care for their staff or their staff. Double up calls are often made to do as a single carer with no care plan in place. The company also pocket the money paid for the second carer. They make up well thought up lies to cover themselves and bully you into accepting more work.
Pros
The clients.
Cons
Everything else.
5 August 2020
Thank you for your feed back. We take your concerns seriously and would welcome the opportunity to discuss further. Please email us at hr@prestige-nursing.co.uk so that we can arrange to discuss in more detail.
I worked for prestige (Dartford) from December 2015-February 2019. The rate of pay was brilliant and was paid weekly. I was never ever without work. In the beginning the company was fantastic with a dedicated manager and the team in the office were amazing. Really supportive. I showed commitment and they appreciated me and gave me work when ever I put down my availability. Unfortunately late 2018 there was a shift in energy. There was a new manager and new staff in the office. I decided to leave in February 2019. The rates of pay are still great. There was never issues with pay. My problem when leaving wasn’t about the company but the attitude of some of the office staff. Though there was still some original office staff members still working there that were kind, understanding and respectful. I was able to get my NVQ in health and social care also. This helped me a lot.
Pros
Training, Rate of pay, weekly pay, NVQ opportunities, local work and plenty of hours if you want it.
Cons
The attitude of certain office workers.
I enjoyed my time working for prestige. The office staff were always helpful and friendly. Good clients. Good pay. Easy system. Good work colleges. Clients all local to me.
Poor shift running, not as flexible as they say. Redhill branch has a shift coordinator that tries to strong arm you into shifts. You only get pension if you earn a certain amount, and take funds from your pay without disclosing what they're for.
Cupar branch is absolute shambles, I worked here for 6 months then walked out, just couldn't take it anymore. Office staff will cover up vital mishappenings to protect their own back. The staff turn over is so high that every other week you would have a different "double up" partner. Clients are lovely, but sick of the attitude they get from office staff and the high volume of carers that they get. Office staff don't care about you, constantly on the phone to beg you to pick up extra. Office staff will also dock your hours if you report anything in the community to them too. Disgusting place to work, would not recommend, if youre going for a job here take it with a pinch of salt.
Pros
None?
Cons
as explained
1 July 2020
We are sorry that your experience has not been positive. We would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about this and learn from your experience. Please email us at hr@prestige-nursing.co.uk so that we can arrange to discuss further.
End of life care, palliative care, 1:1 care, flexible work, good employee benefits and rewards, excellent training and career, recommended, easy to apply and easy recruitment process
Nice to be able to help others to help themselves . Come work with us . Good communication from management and all training personnel are fantastic . Weekly pay .
Promise you all the hours you want when you first start, then they keep taking on new staff so your hours drop some weeks it was 9 hours, some weeks 20 hours. The rota changes alot dont make plans, cause you wont be keeping them. They struggle to get people to work weekends so thats where your hours will be made up. Sometimes you get just 2 jobs of half ahour a day
It started very well then it started to turn into a recruitment agency and was sales oriented. The bonus wasn’t fair as it was based on hours not profit. Ok but not for me