Prestige Nursing + Care
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Prestige Nursing + Care Employee Reviews

I joined prestige at the beginning of lockdown in may 2020 after I lost my job due to the virus. Although it was a strange time to start a new job the recruitment process was good and the online training that was provided was Excellent giving the circumstances the business was facing. I have had regular work and would happily recommend prestige to anyone that was looking for work in the care industry. The office staff have been fantastic and are always ready to support you in anything they can. I have been very lucky to find a job that I love as much as I do here, I feel respected and valued and don't feel like I'm just another number, which is often what carers face in this line of work.
Pros
Choose shifts around home life
Cons
Travel, hours not always guaranteed
I have only been with Prestige for just over 6 months and by far one of the best companies I have worked for. They are always at the end of the phone if you need anything and they make sure that you have a good balance between home life and working. If you lose a shift they will go out of their way to try and get you another one. The office staff are very warm and friendly, they are so supportive and go well out of their way to help if you need anything. I would shout out to everyone to work for Prestige as I couldn’t think of a more amazing group of people to work with
Pros
Hours, shift patterns, staff
Cons
Sometimes gaps
Excellent communication and support. Training good.Management respectful. Clients were nice and appreciative. Any issues, management would sort this and make certain you were not stressed or overwirked
I have worked with prestige nursing middleton for over 10 years, I also work with the NHS.The training and skill set of the staff training together with the fantastic office staff, you will only progress further into nursing services. There is lots of viraity and many different clients from very young to very old covering all five areas of nursing.I have met some fantastic clients and families Also made some amazing colleagues and friends
Pros
Great money
Cons
Can get an overload of hours
I’m not even sure where to start with this dreadful company, if they aren’t hounding you 24/7 to work when you are already working 6 full days 7am-10:30pm then they are giving you nothing, there’s no in between.15 voicemails in one day from one of the office staff when I had already said 8 times I could not work that day. Suddenly when you start saying no they “no longer have any shifts available that suit your availability” however are constantly emailing and texting that they need help but won’t give you the shifts? Very very immature office staff and management. They also have no care or compassion towards there carers at all, no matter what the situation or how Ill you are they could not care less and still expect you to do the literal impossible however wouldn’t even flick a fly away for you if you needed it. The pay is shocking also, working 7am-10:30pm for barely a part time wage at the end of the month. No travel time either so you are always running late yet you are moaned at for it unless of course it suits them. To cut a long story short unless you want to be working 7 days a week from morning till night with little pay and breaks then I wouldn’t bother because they won’t care about you unless you do every little thing they ask you to which to them computes to you having no life or sleep for that matter. Would genuinely avoid at all costs, they are a JOKE.
Pros
There is not one single good thing about this company
Cons
It is lovely working here, I've enjoyed all of it and learnt so much. I am a much better carer for it. I can't thank you enough for giving me the opportunity. I was made to feel welcome from the moment I came in.
Pros
Well managed
Cons
Can be asked to work for longer than you first say you are available
I have been with East Lancs for a few years, I love working here! The branch are helpful, I can see they care about the staff and not just the clients. I always recommend them to other people, I work for a couple of regular clients and also pick up other work when I can. You can work in lots of different settings with complex clients sometimes, but always get training specific to that person if it is needed.
Pros
Amount of hours, management, clients
There is very little travel time (if any) allocated between clients so carers have to either speed (risking having an accident) or cut time short with each client to try and stay on time (even then it's next to impossible). You're only paid for when you're in a client's house, not travelling between them, and you don't get a milage allowance between your home and first client and your last client back home (even if you're sent to another location). There is no guaranteed hours so you have to just take what you can get. Other carers and clients are great, but it is not well organised at all and it's affecting carers' wellbeing and ability to perform the job. Better organisation and caring about staff and clients would go a huge way.
Pros
Clients and carers are great
Cons
Unrealistic working hours, work/life balance is non-existent, lack of adequate travel time between clients
I have worked for Prestige for many years, my role within Prestige is very rewarding but comes with it's challenges.I receive branch and regional support within my role. The company offer great benefits and also offer free Employee Benefit Assistance for advice which has been well received by many.The hardest part my role is managing the workload as each day is very different. The most enjoyable part of my role is the team, and how we all work together to provide the best quality of care to our clients and look after the welfare of our carers.
Very good company. I had support from start to end. There is always someone at the other end if you need them. The training was absolutely educational as you are working alone. I recommend this company. The only reason I left was I moved to a different location and the work is too far to travel.
Pros
Accrued holiday which is so good. It’s like the more you work, the more you get holiday pay.
Cons
If you are not a driver, don’t apply as the places you are sent are sometimes very remote.
Management are a joke no work life balance expect you to pick up shifts or work days off last minute.. even on days off constantly phoning about work. Management no supportive at all
Cons
I worked for for approximately just over 4 years at the Redhill branch. And leart alot from the manager there.After those years I built up my regular client s. All good memories.
Pros
Plenty of good moments, being able to give good quality care to each client.
Cons
Not enough hours, and sometimes not enough travel time.
Official response from Prestige Nursing + Care
13 April 2021
Thank you for your review, really good to see that you enjoyed your time with Prestige and feel you learnt a lot. Thanks for being part of what makes this such a great team and for making a real difference in people's lives.
Working for Prestige is not just a job, from colleagues to clients everyone is like family. Respectful and supportive in every possible way, I am proud to be a part of a fantastic team with the Wakefield Branch, I found who I was when I joined Prestige in 2014, and what I am most happiest doing and that is being around superb colleagues, and caring and meeting such wonderful people of all ages. If your looking for a job where you will feel most welcomed and happiest then I 100% recommend Prestige, If you want your family member or friend to be treated with dignity and full respect then Prestige Is 100% recommended.
Pros
works great around your lifestyle and family
Cons
no cons
Official response from Prestige Nursing + Care
13 April 2021
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review, we are really pleased you enjoy your job. Thank you for making such a difference to the people you care for and for being part of the team.
Worked for this company for 2 years and it was the best place I worked for.amazing management,great understanding and communication.great rates of pay,the staff are amazing and kind.very compassionate staff and amazing clients to work for. Definitely recommended I go back any day xx
Pros
Caring, kind and a great understanding.great rates of pay
Cons
Not guarantee the hourse
I worked for prestige (sleaford branch) for a year only leaving due to covid. You pick your own hours, despite being zero hour contract they try their best to give as many hours as they can whilst being fair to all staff, you aren't harassed to cover. They provide ppe and uniform. The ladies in the office are lovely. Training is informative and prepares you for the work you are going to take on. I plan to go back as soon as I am able.
Pros
Pick own hours, great training, kind friendly managent
Cons
Due to being zero hours, hours are not guaranteed
Bad management unnaproachabl e went to manager with a very serious issue said was getting dealt with but it didn't if your manager can't deal with an issue then best thing to do find a job were the manager will.
Pros
Cons
Bad managment
Your not paid for online training !They promise you all sorts of hours and packages that doesnt happenGive you hours then after 2 wks they give them all to the new starters They constantly lie to you about hours, packages and anything and everythingThey promise to pay you for shifts cancelled last minute but dont and dont have the decency to let you knowThey dont know what communication and stability is !I wanted to leave on my second week just finding a job with security to go to
Pros
Choose your working days
Cons
Available hours and packages
I love working for Prestige Nursing and care. It is by far the best agency i have ever worked for i have worked for the Derby branch for 10 and a half years. I always feel supported by the branch staff they are all a lovely bunch in the office so friendly and kind they always take the time out to ensure i am ok. The online portal is fantastic everything we need to know is right there our rotas, our wage slips, p60's, holiday pay, our on line training we get a notification when its due to expire we can check or DBS to see when its also due to expire, the member benefits for the high street store is amazing some great offers each month. The branch does member of the month awards and Special contribution awards. Its weekly pay 2 free uniforms and i get paid for meetings and any training since i was signed off. I feel really supported during the Covid 19 pandemic i have never run out of PPE we always have enough to last us. i always get the hours i need to match my availability. why would i want to work anywhere else. I love my job, My clients and the branch i work for defiantly job satisfaction.
Pros
Dedicated Office team
I worked here for about 7 months and it was awful, branch management don’t care about the workers, there attitude towards you is shocking, don’t feel appreciated when you say yes to covering shifts on your days off, no support from senior management, the company is just one big joke!!
Pros
The clients
Cons
Rude management, awful attitude and under paid
It is a fast paced environment because it is caring and nursing It’s a very professional place to work and everyone is smart clean and tidy and proud of their jobs.They work as a team and support each other.
Pros
Lots to learn every day and put it to great practice
Cons
People you care for can go into homes or pass away very sadly
Since working with Prestige I am enjoying my time. There is no stress here. Management is very respectful. Any assistance required from management they are quick to assist. To be fair it's been one of the best companies I have worked for in many many years. Only downside is that it's zero hours contract. However you are never short of hours.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Zero hours