Prestige Nursing + Care
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Prestige Nursing + Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom206 reviews

carersrotalovelyclientbranchofficemileageagency

Depends on your workplace/individuals in team

Professional company, who appreciate experience and seek high standards of care for the service user. On going training both in house and on-line. Good support in place for staff.

Pros

Good hourly rates

Cons

Zero contract

Interesting place to work

Gives you chance to plan your work around your life. The training is very good and kept on top of. There is good management support if it’s needed. Working with some excellent people on the teams that I work in.

Insights into Prestige Nursing + Care

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Flexible, friendly, supportive

Flexible, enjoyable, management are very responsive and always available if needed. I feel looked after and valued by Derby Prestige branch. Interview experience brilliant, and same lady did my recruitment from start to finish, it was professional and efficient and friendly.

Good care

Aim to provide good care but staffing shortages can mean difficult rotas. No job security as zero hour contracts. No guarantee of hours. Overall staff and management are supportive.

Pros

Great clients

Cons

A lot of travelling

Terrible work place

The only benefit of the company is the clients receiving care, other than that the management and way the company is ran is very disappointing and unprofessional.

Pros

Cons

Numerous

Top agency

If I were going back to care work I would go straight to Prestige. The management were amazing, could always find work which suited, were honest about what it entailed and were lovely to speak to. They would put you through plenty of training with a fab trainer and would put you on NVQs. They had a large variety of work and allowed you to be flexible with hours. If you are looking for a care agency they are the one, there's a reason they got outstanding in CPC a few years back

Pros

Brilliant company

It’s not bad

Not a bad place to work, if you enjoy working as much as you possibly can, then this is for you, there’s always shifts going spare, and unless the client is CCG, the wages are actually pretty decent. The training offered isn’t too shabby either compared to most other places I’ve worked before.

Would not recommend to work here

Poor practice from some staff in the community and office, poorly management, rotas never done always on the day you fond out where your going so not good! Undertrained staff that does not complete there task correctly, some staff are very rude to clients, visit are cut or combined so staff can get home as quickly as they can or they can't be bothered working, always staff off sick, no communication between office staff when passing on messages, they just employee anyone so there can take advantage of them in work you into the ground Even on your days off your still working, no empathy, compassion to staff members or clients very false information they post i would not recommend anyone to take a job here.

It’s ok

Overall it’s not too bad, most of the staff are friendly. Communication between carers and office staff isn’t the greatest, emails very rarely get answered. Hands on training doesn’t happen due to covid so basically have to learn as you go meaning some carers have very poor practice but get signed off anyway. Rotas can change at very short notice and you don’t always get told

Some support

Varying levels of support from management, happy to share knowledge with less senior members of team.

Disorganised unpredictable work load

Working here you need to be adaptable to change as you never know what clients you'll be seeing. Covering all areas with no travel time and low mileage paid. By time you do a full day/back shift you might be lucky enough to be paid for just over 11 hours out of 13 hours availability. Adding in the split shift basically 15 hours of your day. Communication is dreadful you pass on information but never gets updated in clients notes. They care more about monitoring your time keeping than the clients needs. Carers that go in and out of homes never pulled up for there bad care practices. Barely any staff with recognised qualifications in the e community. They hardly fund SQVs. Rotas never completed in good time constantly calling to find out if you have a shift. Pay enhanced rate only to staff that pick up short notice so if your scheduled on that day your colleague probably earning more than you for same client.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Long hours low pay

Terrible management/office staff,always short staffed

Interview went great,promised various things at interview that never materialised,most other carers were great to work with.5 minutes to walk a distance of about 20 mins to next client,your work day could be a 7 hour shift but might only get paid 3/4 hours for the day cause you might have gaps between clients,management offer no support whatsoever and never phone you back as promised,they don’t care the type of people that work for them think they would take anyone one on as they are that short staffed,would not advise my worst enemy to work here unless you like getting treated like a total mug.rotas get changed during the night ,you have to constantly be checking it,it’s like your not allowed a life.training is terrible,well I mean lack of (hands on )training ,some clients you don’t get nearly enough time in there houses to do all the tasks you have to do so end up running over time then that makes you late for every other client,

Pros

None at all, would not recommend working here

Cons

Totally unappreciated, even when you take on extra shifts to help out

Fab company to work for

Excellent manager - great team Prestige are the best care company outstanding in all they do.They support you and train you for the role you are doing.

0 hour contract and management that get too involved with clients

Although I thoroughly enjoyed working with special educational needs children; I was playing the role of management but without the pay. I was liasing with families, sorting out appointments, sorting out rotas and handing them out to staff, I was promised an area manager role for over a year but was never given it. Management were too involved with particular clients and it wasn't professional, private conversations with carers and management was passed onto clients, there was a big breach of data and privacy due to this. Many carers felt unable to speak to management about particular issues with management in case this was 'off the record' spoken to clients about. The pay wasn't enough for the work you was doing and management's didn't deal with issues.

Cons

Management don't listen to you, underpaid

Great place, supportive management, flexible hours.

I have been working for Prestige for last two years and I highly recommend to work for them (Angus branch). Since the first day I received lots of support from management, not only with client's but also if you need to change working day or get extra day off. Job is easy, in slow peace, not stressful at all, nice client's and you meet your colleagues on double up visits.

Pros

Good holiday pay. Not stressful environment, job includes 80% of communication and 20% personal care. Supportive management.

Cons

Gaps between client's which are not paid. Travel expenses. Short shifts.

Reliable supportive company

I have worked with prestige for quite a few months now, in fact almost a year I find them reliable, resourceful, caring, considerate and supportiveAlways keeping the team in touch with every aspect of day to day duties and responsibilities Highly recommended

Productive and fun place that ensured the needs of the patient were satisfied.

This agency was Adult and a child care role within the community. loads of different patients to see which built up my experience in the health care sector. this work can have gaps or less hours 1 week and loads more the next week. overall i enjoyed my time in this healthcare role as it was a good agency.

Pros

variety of patients with different injurys or ailments.

Cons

gaps in hours stated. 1 week loads, 1 week way less. Mileage was not adequate at the time but this is everywhere nowadays

Supportive workplace

My time working here was great I always felt supported by office staff and management and was sad to leave. Always had plenty of hours even though I was on a 0 hours contract. The company was incredibly supportive during the pandemic, keeping us up to date with any changes and there were forms of financial support too. Always loved looking after clients, they always tried to match clients and carers who had things in common or similar personalities so we would be a good fit. Looking after my clients was the best part of the job. Highly recommend working here if you are looking for a job in care, training is great too, trainers are supportive and thorough.

Run away!!!

Terrible management, lack of organisation, very unprofessional staff with Karen’s. Not allowed to express an opinion without staff calling office staff. Very upsetting and unnecessary. Stay clear!! Seriously this is a family run business that only employs with family of friends anyone else is treated badly

Official response from Prestige Nursing + Care

2 March 2022
At prestige Nursing & Care we do not operate in the Pontypool area and suspect that this review could have been left for the incorrect company.

Use and abuse

Cares for neither staff or clients unless you’re a favourite in the click of preferred people poor management style and no reliability with work, if you’re not liked you will be bankrupted

Official response from Prestige Nursing + Care

2 March 2022
We are disappointed to hear about your experience. We would really like for you to get in touch with us, so we can better understand the issues and take the necessary steps to resolving them. Please email one of the team at Marketing@prestige-nursing.co.uk , who will be happy to help.

Challenging but rewarding

I’ve worked for the company for almost 6 years. I love my job, the clients and have some pretty amazing colleagues. The job itself is hard work but I find it rewarding to have been able to make a difference to someone’s day. The hours are extremely flexible and I can pick and chose what days and times to work if something comes up in my personal life. There’s always plenty of work available. It can seem like there are a lot of calls to pick up extra but it is not constantly and with the nature of the job i understand its hard to find cover so everyone gets asked. Very in-depth initial training and shadowing shifts and I felt well prepared when going out alone. There are lots of training opportunities with a range of online modules so you can learn more about specific conditions or tailor your knowledge to specific clients you see. My management team have been amazing. They are easily approachable with any work or personal problems and I feel these issues are dealt with sensitively and timely. I couldn’t ask for a better management team. I would recommend Prestige to anyone looking for care work and for anyone requiring care for themselves or a family member

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prestige Nursing + Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement