Preston City Council

Working at Preston City Council: 13 Preston City Council Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews

Parks Maintenance

Enjoy working for the company, friendly atmosphere , work at your own pace,good hours and good rate of pay. I would recommend to anyone to work and volunteer for Preston City Council.

Great team work

Preston City Council, Human Resources, Payroll and Learning Development team are hard working, fabulous and welcoming. I have really enjoyed my time so far with them.

Insights into Preston City Council

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Good way to earn some extra cash

It is a long working day but not too bad with great company and lots of food. I do it all the time and will continue to work as a poll clerk when the opportunities arise

citi council

good job but less hours ,payment on time and nice peoples working there I really apreciablle to wrrkt there thank you for my job at Preston CITI Council

Apprenticeships

Joined from school at 16 as a YTS/ apprenticeship work in varies different areas of the construction part of the company. Learn a lot during my apprenticeship enjoy my time at the company. Gave my a good grounding on what to expect from the industry in social housing. Had some good times and meet some great people.

Pros

Good job

Cons

Salary at time a little small.

Good employer but shrinking resources due to budgets

Good employer but due to budgets the authority was shrinking making it hard to progress up the career ladder. They always had good technology available to complete your job.

Pros

Work life balance, colleagues, technology

Cons

Budget, Career Path

Great Employer

Worked at Fulwood Leisure Centre for 11 years and found both the staff and customers to be friently and helpful. Would recommend Preston City Council as an employer

Great team to work for

This job helped me on my way to a successful career. Lots of support from management and I learnt lots of new skills. The team was great to work for and everyone got along and helped each other out when times got hard.

Pros

Cons

unsocial hours

Not good hours

I was a casual fitness instructor for westview and fulwood and had to leave due to the lack of hours you get offer to work. You will never have set hours which means your income each month will be different. You will only work if the full time instructors are either ill or due to take their holidays. By using the zero hour contract system it allows the company to not provide contracted hours and saves them a lot of money. And they will also get a money if you claim job seekers because they have taken you off job seekers. The good points about this job is when you do work the job itself is great the pay rate is good and the instructors are nice.

The best place I have ever worked.

The councils vision, values, ethics and commitment are truly outstanding and I wish my local authority operated in such a way. The staff were truly welcoming, constructive and it was a really pleasurable place to work. The hardest part of the job was working within an ever decreasing budget whilst demand for good services grew. On the whole, the dedication and determination of all staff to improve the city and its economy remains unquestionable and is by far the best employer I have ever worked for.

good

good place to work able to learn many other types of work in all areas of grounds maintenance good hours flexible when needed overtime sometimes which is ok workr out ok in pay or time off good team members which all work well together when needed overall a good place

Working for the council

Assessing customers claims, speaking to customer. Hardest part of the job was learning all the different rules/legislation and the exceptions to the rule. The best part was helping people.

Pros

flexi time, good management

Cons

government cuts leading to uncertainty in your job

Creative and ability to meet people

work when every my service is requireworking without supervision, creative skill,thinking fast, ability to work under pressure.fanatics managementnice people to work with at any point of timeN/AI enjoy every bit of the job

Pros

n/a

Cons

some times 10 hours but it's also depend on activities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preston City Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement