Pret A Manger
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Working environment to tighten up, no space to maneuver around kitchen. Changing room very small, for one person but all company changes clothes, men and women in same small room - never seen anything like that.Salary bare min, need to apply to UC to get extra or have another job if you want to survive in London.Constant pressure for speed and performance and sense treath to loose job for all, even management.Disrespectful production system where quantity and speed is more important than quality.3 second rule, wich allows you to pick up bread from floor if dropped and continue production - disqualified.But staff is mostly smiley and happy to help and support you.
Pret its hard work with no good feedback and there is lots of back stabing going on and belittle you if your don't fit. Your life will be made very difficult. You will be servant to leaders.
Cons
Leaders
Absolutely horrible place to work. I’ve worked for 4 locations under diffrent managers and it’s all the same. Upper management has zero regard for employees, you are a cog in a broken down and failing machine. Very greedy all they seem to talk about is how much money we need to make and how little they care about anything else
Pros
Location, plant based milk
Cons
Every thing I mentioned and more ... Look for alternative not pret
- no benefits - overworks employees - bad scheduling - mentally draining - poor pay - no stopping constant moving - tiring - make to feel inadeqate - really hard work
Pros
you can cover in other shops if you need more hours
Cons
pay is very low, opening hour is really early, breakfast and lunch are really busy
not nice environment, rude leaders, low pay, abusive manager, tough work, unregulate hours, always running out of mask and saniticer, no socal distancing, bad overall
Cons
unsafe workplace
No health and safety frequent sickness back-breaking shifts >60 hours and more no paid overtiimeruthlessly cruel management obviously don't care about shops or their staff
Pros
Maybe just for the experience in stress
Cons
Everything, Pret requires much but pays very little
Over worked, underpaid, dodgy pay, and worst of all they are so short staffed in every area, they will stoop so low as to withdraw holiday just days before leaving. There are far better jobs out there, with far greater offerings.
theres constant drama and complaining everyone is mentally stuckthe people are being treated with least respectnothing worth your time here long hours and other stuff
Fake freindness, fake promises, bad money, dirty shop, discriminite manager, sweat, dirt, hot ill healhty work place, no pay breaks, hate every minute I work there, never again.
Pros
Pro: nothing
Cons
Con: everything is a con
I had a chance to work different shops in the area and everyone was different with kind of customs, being busy, opening hours, days etc. Company is providing a very good training and gives you a chance to improve your skills with many different ways.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pret A Manger?
Was really good working for Pret, until being made redundant, straight after maternity leave (thanks very much!) I have covered different areas in different shops all over London, so I have learnt a lot. There are very high standards and team members are asked to strictly follow all of them, so sometimes they could feel frustrated and overwelmed. Working in management team was quite difficult, as our bonus was depending on reaching targets that were higher and higher every year. Your contracted 42h as manager were more like 50/60 hours per week ( extra hours not paid). Some area/group managers were really demanding having no respect for your personal life.
Pros
Free lunch (before) ; career development ; good training
Cons
Very high standards to follow ; working at fast pace; extra hours not paid (as manager)
Don't train everyone for production so if manager see you can do it they will make you do it every single time rather then rotation. Super fast production and drain you.
Pros
Free food but unpaid breaks that makes us cut breaks short to finish production.
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Too many team leaders being rewarded, while staff members who carry out tasks are not. Cleaning tasks not carried out well enough, not enough attention paid to detail
Pros
Free lunch / drinks
Cons
Individuals not rewarded for hard work / effort
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
The fast-paced work environment needs a lot of energy but its fun and rewarding place to work. Free coffee and tea free meals higher payment than any competition in this industry. Multicultural environment with exciting people to work with Friday night parties in various clubs across London. People who are able to adapt rarely leave Pret.
Pros
Generous Benefits compared to competition
Cons
Max workload
Terrible wage unsociable working hours no recognition. When you do hardwork no appreciation and is you want to progress your career no one ask to do, no recognition. Upper manager trickle down affect on your store manager. Waste of time.
No team work, poor management. Never enough help. Place is always a mess and management likes to talk in polish about you right in front of you. Staff all talk there native tongue and not being from.the same country can feel really out of place and stupid cause you NEVER know weather they are talking about you plus they majority of them can't hardly speak simple English.
They will dump work on you as your a new comer. Really honestly was the worse job I ever had. The ops went off on whoever didn’t matter your position. Never gave you the time to explain, was just managed poorly.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Fake dishonest dompany
Pay is horrific! Management is useless and never present. Rotas are unreliable. Hours take away your life. The over all experience is horrible. I never want to set foot into a Pret ever again!
Pros
There weren’t many pros working with Pret only some staff were nice.
Cons
Get bullied easily.
Ho lavorato in Pret 4 anni ed è stata un'esperienza formativa e significante anche se il lavoro era frenetico e il livello dello stress molto alto ma il tutto era compensato da un ambiente giovane e multietnico e da una mentalità competitiva ma meritocratica
Pros
Pasti, magnifici party, Friday drinks
Cons
Stress alto
  1. Employee reviews