Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Fast paced work environment, needs a lot of enregy but its fun

17 February 2021
The fast-paced work environment needs a lot of energy but its fun and rewarding place to work. Free coffee and tea free meals higher payment than any competition in this industry. Multicultural environment with exciting people to work with Friday night parties in various clubs across London. People who are able to adapt rarely leave Pret.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Generous Benefits compared to competition
Cons
Max workload
7 September 2019
Same role
Team Leader/Duty Manager (Former Employee) - Croydon, Greater London
I worked for Pret until 2018 as a leader but stepped down as it was too much hassle! I struggled with depression and anxiety and it was never good enough what I did. The team worked very hard but were not appreciated. Since I left Pret my life and health is much better. I avoid busy places now after all the stress in Pret. If you work hard and are a decent human being you WILL BE EXPLOITED!!! Only when you can play a game and make friends with managers will you get far and fast promoted! If you are decent, honest, hard working and caring DON'T work for Pret! You will lose your health. The money is very bad for the amount of work and being blamed for everything. Pret is a very bad and dishonest company.
9 April 2021
Same location
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) - London, UK
Absolutely horrible place to work. I’ve worked for 4 locations under diffrent managers and it’s all the same. Upper management has zero regard for employees, you are a cog in a broken down and failing machine. Very greedy all they seem to talk about is how much money we need to make and how little they care about anything else
Pros
Location, plant based milk
Cons
Every thing I mentioned and more ... Look for alternative not pret
7 April 2021
Same location
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) - London
Working environment to tighten up, no space to maneuver around kitchen. Changing room very small, for one person but all company changes clothes, men and women in same small room - never seen anything like that.Salary bare min, need to apply to UC to get extra or have another job if you want to survive in London.Constant pressure for speed and performance and sense treath to loose job for all, even management.Disrespectful production system where quantity and speed is more important than quality.3 second rule, wich allows you to pick up bread from floor if dropped and continue production - disqualified.But staff is mostly smiley and happy to help and support you.
  1. Fast paced work environment, needs a lot of enregy but its fun