Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

They don’t care.

29 January 2021
They don’t care. You’ll be never enough and they will always make you feel like nothing.In this place you won’t be an human but just a machine replaceable at any moment.Also, during pandemic they fired for not pay the 10% to their people. Don’t work for Pret A Manger!Value yourself!
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free food
Cons
Infinity hours
8 March 2021
Same role
Barista (Former Employee) - Manchester
I had a chance to work different shops in the area and everyone was different with kind of customs, being busy, opening hours, days etc. Company is providing a very good training and gives you a chance to improve your skills with many different ways.
22 January 2021
Same role
Barista (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
Worked in Pret for 2 years (2018-2020) and I can say that the salary is really good. The workplace is fun to be in if the team is okay in my experience. Sometimes, the workplace can be toxic especially during coffee rush and when the manager doesn't help and put pressure on you. Luckily, the ones I've been with helped a lot during busy times.In terms of progression, It really depends on the manager. I've been working there for 2 years and I've been with colleagues who progressed quickly. I think it really depends on the manager's perspective and opinion of you.For salary, you get paid weekly and the pay rise has been good and competitive but Im not sure if it will rise again this April due to the pandemic.Overall, working at Pret is okay especially if you're flexible and a student. But, If you're planning on doing a course in uni that is not retail and management related, then you're better off gaining experience in a place that your CV/resume will benefit in.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good salary.
Cons
Pressure is heavy sometimes and your colleagues can be unhelpful (depends on the team you're with)
15 September 2020
Same location
Front of House Leader (Former Employee) - Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
Like in any job there were pros and cons, but let me tell you this: it’s perfect for single people, with 0 responsibilities and basically willing to be working even from their days Off if the business needed it or agree to be cut hours otherwise. I met great people during my stay with the company as well as bullies.Good pay but the amount of stress and anxiety given are overwhelming and alarming.People gossip a lot behind your back and always, always pass duties from one to another, the most often to the newest staff Member which is hardly nice.
Pros
Free food and sometimes nice colleagues.
Cons
90% of the time.