Pret A Manger
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,198 reviews
Working environment to tighten up, no space to maneuver around kitchen. Changing room very small, for one person but all company changes clothes, men and women in same small room - never seen anything like that.Salary bare min, need to apply to UC to get extra or have another job if you want to survive in London.Constant pressure for speed and performance and sense treath to loose job for all, even management.Disrespectful production system where quantity and speed is more important than quality.3 second rule, wich allows you to pick up bread from floor if dropped and continue production - disqualified.But staff is mostly smiley and happy to help and support you.
Pret its hard work with no good feedback and there is lots of back stabing going on and belittle you if your don't fit. Your life will be made very difficult. You will be servant to leaders.
Cons
Leaders
Enjoy the team and the experience. A lot of team work and room to grow. Be advise you can’t have your nails done and to wear comfortable clothing underneath uniform.
Absolutely horrible place to work. I’ve worked for 4 locations under diffrent managers and it’s all the same. Upper management has zero regard for employees, you are a cog in a broken down and failing machine. Very greedy all they seem to talk about is how much money we need to make and how little they care about anything else
Pros
Location, plant based milk
Cons
Every thing I mentioned and more ... Look for alternative not pret
It’s okay Little room it improve , there’s no customers there’s nothing to do.Lack of diversity Great pay every Friday Takes too long to move up in the company
- no benefits - overworks employees - bad scheduling - mentally draining - poor pay - no stopping constant moving - tiring - make to feel inadeqate - really hard work
Pros
you can cover in other shops if you need more hours
Cons
pay is very low, opening hour is really early, breakfast and lunch are really busy
not nice environment, rude leaders, low pay, abusive manager, tough work, unregulate hours, always running out of mask and saniticer, no socal distancing, bad overall
Cons
unsafe workplace
No health and safety frequent sickness back-breaking shifts >60 hours and more no paid overtiimeruthlessly cruel management obviously don't care about shops or their staff
Pros
Maybe just for the experience in stress
Cons
Everything, Pret requires much but pays very little
Over worked, underpaid, dodgy pay, and worst of all they are so short staffed in every area, they will stoop so low as to withdraw holiday just days before leaving. There are far better jobs out there, with far greater offerings.
Pret A Manger is a fast-paced, high standard sandwich shop and cafe. It has its good days, it has its bad days. The work will be easy to you, if you are a hard worker, good with your hands, and have a good memory. As a trainer, my normal day to day would be making sandwiches and salads, making sure the kitchen staff is staying productive & efficient, ensure health and safety standards, and make sure all employees stay up to date with new training. The CEO, as well as the vice president, district managers, etc, would casually make pop ups to see how the shop is being ran, and ensure standards are upheld. They are very friendly, but they don't play games about their business. However there were some general managers and assistant managers who abused their authority. Watch what you say and who you say it around. Not everyone has your back. Company parties and "Top Shop" awards are really good incentives used to make sure that every location performs at its very best. Makes the "competitive spirit" between shops higher. There's nothing like a little friendly competition! Depending on location and staff, Pret A Manger can be a really awesome job
Pros
Free lunch, fun staff, company parties/incentives
Cons
Hierarchy, very strict on appearance(piercings, false nails, eyelashes)
theres constant drama and complaining everyone is mentally stuckthe people are being treated with least respectnothing worth your time here long hours and other stuff
Fake freindness, fake promises, bad money, dirty shop, discriminite manager, sweat, dirt, hot ill healhty work place, no pay breaks, hate every minute I work there, never again.
Pros
Pro: nothing
Cons
Con: everything is a con
I had a chance to work different shops in the area and everyone was different with kind of customs, being busy, opening hours, days etc. Company is providing a very good training and gives you a chance to improve your skills with many different ways.
Was really good working for Pret, until being made redundant, straight after maternity leave (thanks very much!) I have covered different areas in different shops all over London, so I have learnt a lot. There are very high standards and team members are asked to strictly follow all of them, so sometimes they could feel frustrated and overwelmed. Working in management team was quite difficult, as our bonus was depending on reaching targets that were higher and higher every year. Your contracted 42h as manager were more like 50/60 hours per week ( extra hours not paid). Some area/group managers were really demanding having no respect for your personal life.
Pros
Free lunch (before) ; career development ; good training
Cons
Very high standards to follow ; working at fast pace; extra hours not paid (as manager)
Good place. Some childish people make it toxic. Good overall. I’ve had good managers, and I’ve had bad managers. When I’ve told on the bad manager, the company didn’t really do anything, but that could’ve been because they needed managers and it was COVID Season.
Pros
Free food.
Don't train everyone for production so if manager see you can do it they will make you do it every single time rather then rotation. Super fast production and drain you.
Pros
Free food but unpaid breaks that makes us cut breaks short to finish production.
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Too many team leaders being rewarded, while staff members who carry out tasks are not. Cleaning tasks not carried out well enough, not enough attention paid to detail
Pros
Free lunch / drinks
Cons
Individuals not rewarded for hard work / effort
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
The fast-paced work environment needs a lot of energy but its fun and rewarding place to work. Free coffee and tea free meals higher payment than any competition in this industry. Multicultural environment with exciting people to work with Friday night parties in various clubs across London. People who are able to adapt rarely leave Pret.
Pros
Generous Benefits compared to competition
Cons
Max workload
Terrible wage unsociable working hours no recognition. When you do hardwork no appreciation and is you want to progress your career no one ask to do, no recognition. Upper manager trickle down affect on your store manager. Waste of time.
  1. Employee reviews