Pret A Manger
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,181 reviews
Worked in Pret for 2 years (2018-2020) and I can say that the salary is really good. The workplace is fun to be in if the team is okay in my experience. Sometimes, the workplace can be toxic especially during coffee rush and when the manager doesn't help and put pressure on you. Luckily, the ones I've been with helped a lot during busy times.In terms of progression, It really depends on the manager. I've been working there for 2 years and I've been with colleagues who progressed quickly. I think it really depends on the manager's perspective and opinion of you.For salary, you get paid weekly and the pay rise has been good and competitive but Im not sure if it will rise again this April due to the pandemic.Overall, working at Pret is okay especially if you're flexible and a student. But, If you're planning on doing a course in uni that is not retail and management related, then you're better off gaining experience in a place that your CV/resume will benefit in.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good salary.
Cons
Pressure is heavy sometimes and your colleagues can be unhelpful (depends on the team you're with)
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
The fast-paced work environment needs a lot of energy but its fun and rewarding place to work. Free coffee and tea free meals higher payment than any competition in this industry. Multicultural environment with exciting people to work with Friday night parties in various clubs across London. People who are able to adapt rarely leave Pret.
Pros
Generous Benefits compared to competition
Cons
Max workload
Terrible wage unsociable working hours no recognition. When you do hardwork no appreciation and is you want to progress your career no one ask to do, no recognition. Upper manager trickle down affect on your store manager. Waste of time.
No team work, poor management. Never enough help. Place is always a mess and management likes to talk in polish about you right in front of you. Staff all talk there native tongue and not being from.the same country can feel really out of place and stupid cause you NEVER know weather they are talking about you plus they majority of them can't hardly speak simple English.
They will dump work on you as your a new comer. Really honestly was the worse job I ever had. The ops went off on whoever didn’t matter your position. Never gave you the time to explain, was just managed poorly.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Fake dishonest dompany
Pay is horrific! Management is useless and never present. Rotas are unreliable. Hours take away your life. The over all experience is horrible. I never want to set foot into a Pret ever again!
Pros
There weren’t many pros working with Pret only some staff were nice.
Cons
Get bullied easily.
Ho lavorato in Pret 4 anni ed è stata un'esperienza formativa e significante anche se il lavoro era frenetico e il livello dello stress molto alto ma il tutto era compensato da un ambiente giovane e multietnico e da una mentalità competitiva ma meritocratica
Pros
Pasti, magnifici party, Friday drinks
Cons
Stress alto
leader expected me know how to use equipment when I was not trained on how to do use it. Impossible behaviour by leaders and never enough people to work.
Cons
don't work at pret.
From the minute you work in till the minute you finish you aren’t allowed to stop while remaining falsely happy in front of the customers. There was never enough time to complete cleaning duties properly and all you were told every time was to make time. This whilst making products serving customers as when the shop closed you had 1/2 an hour to finish everything. The kitchen had to be cleaned by 2pm yet were still expected to make sandwiches etc up till the end
Pros
Free lunch bonus which became harder and harder to attain
Cons
Long hours, unappreciated especially by the area manager. Never feeling good enough
Loved This Job The staff is honestly what got me to work everyday lml Not just the customers or my self. If was nice to work around people who understood you and had the same hustle and drive.
Lack of communications between management and floor staff and also between kitchen and floor staff. Unrealistic expectations of senior management making job unduly stressful and making it near impossible for team to deliver best possible service to customers. Managers now jump between shops. Its a horrible atmoshpere.
Pros
Nopes
Cons
Too much to mention
Best place to work ,great team and good pay .Also friendly staff and very respectful people there .You will feel there like you are part of a big family,for me it was the best place to work .
I work for Pret 10 years. Is a good place to work but you need to work in fast pace. If you are hard working person you have potential to grow in company very fast. Management is very helpful and they quickly spot your talent. There is lots of good things to say about Pret, however can become a stressful place if you don't keep up to your targets :)
Pros
Flexible shifts
They don’t care. You’ll be never enough and they will always make you feel like nothing.In this place you won’t be an human but just a machine replaceable at any moment.Also, during pandemic they fired for not pay the 10% to their people. Don’t work for Pret A Manger!Value yourself!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Infinity hours
Great benefits and work hours. GMs don’t work nights or weekends. Much better company pre-Covid who cared about the teams and people. Now, after Covid, you can tell they are just trying to save every dollar and happy teams is something of the past.
Pros
Benefits, no weekends, closed most holidays (paid)
Cons
No breaks for salaried managers on 10 hour shift
One of the best companies I ever worked for you can grow from with in great benefits been there 5 years help open up new location and I moved up fast
Inhuman salary for the workload. Backbreaking work. Early hours. Long stay. No extra pay doing overtime. Reducing it's weekly labour spend which is unfortunately to the detriment of customer service and team well being.
Pros
They dont care about workplace injuries even if as result you have to take time of work. Shortage of staff and unreliable staff who dont show up. Expected to show up in an hours notice and often called in to work on days of. No overtime paid.
They really emphasize character development, and there is plenty of room for growth within the company. I’ve made some wonderful friendships with coworkers and managers alike. I recommend this company to anyone looking for a company that’s going to treat them right, pay them well, and encourage you as a person.
Pros
Free lunch, Room for growth.
Cons
Strict policies. Not for the faint of heart.
  1. Employee reviews