Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews in London

Worked in Pret for 2 years (2018-2020) and I can say that the salary is really good. The workplace is fun to be in if the team is okay in my experience. Sometimes, the workplace can be toxic especially during coffee rush and when the manager doesn't help and put pressure on you. Luckily, the ones I've been with helped a lot during busy times.In terms of progression, It really depends on the manager. I've been working there for 2 years and I've been with colleagues who progressed quickly. I think it really depends on the manager's perspective and opinion of you.For salary, you get paid weekly and the pay rise has been good and competitive but Im not sure if it will rise again this April due to the pandemic.Overall, working at Pret is okay especially if you're flexible and a student. But, If you're planning on doing a course in uni that is not retail and management related, then you're better off gaining experience in a place that your CV/resume will benefit in.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good salary.
Cons
Pressure is heavy sometimes and your colleagues can be unhelpful (depends on the team you're with)
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
The fast-paced work environment needs a lot of energy but its fun and rewarding place to work. Free coffee and tea free meals higher payment than any competition in this industry. Multicultural environment with exciting people to work with Friday night parties in various clubs across London. People who are able to adapt rarely leave Pret.
Pros
Generous Benefits compared to competition
Cons
Max workload
Pay is horrific! Management is useless and never present. Rotas are unreliable. Hours take away your life. The over all experience is horrible. I never want to set foot into a Pret ever again!
Pros
There weren’t many pros working with Pret only some staff were nice.
Cons
Get bullied easily.
Ho lavorato in Pret 4 anni ed è stata un'esperienza formativa e significante anche se il lavoro era frenetico e il livello dello stress molto alto ma il tutto era compensato da un ambiente giovane e multietnico e da una mentalità competitiva ma meritocratica
Pros
Pasti, magnifici party, Friday drinks
Cons
Stress alto
Lack of communications between management and floor staff and also between kitchen and floor staff. Unrealistic expectations of senior management making job unduly stressful and making it near impossible for team to deliver best possible service to customers. Managers now jump between shops. Its a horrible atmoshpere.
Pros
Nopes
Cons
Too much to mention
I work for Pret 10 years. Is a good place to work but you need to work in fast pace. If you are hard working person you have potential to grow in company very fast. Management is very helpful and they quickly spot your talent. There is lots of good things to say about Pret, however can become a stressful place if you don't keep up to your targets :)
Pros
Flexible shifts
Inhuman salary for the workload. Backbreaking work. Early hours. Long stay. No extra pay doing overtime. Reducing it's weekly labour spend which is unfortunately to the detriment of customer service and team well being.
Pros
They dont care about workplace injuries even if as result you have to take time of work. Shortage of staff and unreliable staff who dont show up. Expected to show up in an hours notice and often called in to work on days of. No overtime paid.
Esperienza consigliata. Ho fatto carriera nel giro di pochi mesi con una formazione step by step
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pret A Manger?
I worked for pret for 10 years, probably few to many . Upto 2015 it was a great company yet then something happens. Work becomes more stressful ,more responsibilities ,crazy morning shifts never enough ppl
Pros
Free food/drinks
Cons
early shifts/never enough people
Seen team members come and go, some left in tears. leader shortage so they push you to run evening shifts without training and on low pay. it's a full time cleaning job with pressure from hq to manager who takes it out on staff. they try to screw you out of money by working extra time and 'forgetting' to add it to your hours. dont work there.
I would sincerely recommend this company. Since the first day I started to work for them, I gave my best and they noticed. In fact in a couple of months I grow up in terms of career.
Pros
Discount for food, Salary, Break Paid
Cons
Work shifts
It can be very toxic place to work If you are not from east Europe or Italy you are soo gonna be bullied... if you have a better place to go, please do so, otherwise don’t say I didn’t know it
Pros
Can’t think of one
I felt like a machine most of the time. Horrible team players, never given any help. Leadership is nonexisting. Pay is verly low for the responsibility and workload.
Cons
Bullying, low pay, early start, no breaks
Pret undervalues employees, not enough to survive. Wrong people made redundent. Manager rip off customers, we had to lie all the time about subscibtion.
Pros
Literally no pros for working here. Some of the people I worked with were cool.
Cons
Team members are promoted based on personality or looks, not competency or hard work.
I have worked in different stores in Pret and the company follows high standards from food preparations and employees behaviours. Mostly the teams are very friendly and collaborative. It maybe demanding in busy time and if you do your best you won’t have any complaints. Almost all Managers in Pret are very kind and flexible. They look after the team members and company got good benefits. I loved to work there.
Pros
Kind managers, food allowances
Cons
Might start early if fully flexible as 5 am.
They just push you like a robot and, they give time to make sandwichs (unrealistic time). They count the minutes that you spend in the toilet. Long hours and sometimes work 12 days in a row.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stressful. No work-balance.
If you want to work at Pret, know that they will work you to death and pay you very little for it. I got sick but my gm didn't believe me. Avoid Pret like coronavirus!!!
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Too many to think of
Long hours, unpaid breaks, the pay to effort ratio is terrible, only working with one other member of staff is hard when you have a busy shop on weekend, short closing time and a lot of other things to deal with, and then getting highlighted if something wasn't done properly. All the staff are overworked and underpaid, they get nothing for working hard / well. I haven't met any happy people in the company, they're either stuck there because they need money or haven't found another job yet.
I start work there thinking the ethical way they did things was great. Within few days I came to realise the company is not as great as it seems. Leader belittle and intimidate you and when you approach them you are left hung out to dry as they are only looking out for the business and don’t care about the staff. I left when my manager made advances towards me and made me feel so uncomfortable. Ethical and moral claims are easy to state but in practice are let down by a select few and when its clear these people have acted inappropriately those that should uphold the values of the company don't. Management are beyond unprofessional rude and belittle you until you can’t take it HR and Ops have no clue and in favour of managers shame as most don’t even care about the values of the company.