Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews in London

Working environment to tighten up, no space to maneuver around kitchen. Changing room very small, for one person but all company changes clothes, men and women in same small room - never seen anything like that.Salary bare min, need to apply to UC to get extra or have another job if you want to survive in London.Constant pressure for speed and performance and sense treath to loose job for all, even management.Disrespectful production system where quantity and speed is more important than quality.3 second rule, wich allows you to pick up bread from floor if dropped and continue production - disqualified.But staff is mostly smiley and happy to help and support you.
Pret its hard work with no good feedback and there is lots of back stabing going on and belittle you if your don't fit. Your life will be made very difficult. You will be servant to leaders.
Cons
Leaders
Absolutely horrible place to work. I’ve worked for 4 locations under diffrent managers and it’s all the same. Upper management has zero regard for employees, you are a cog in a broken down and failing machine. Very greedy all they seem to talk about is how much money we need to make and how little they care about anything else
Pros
Location, plant based milk
Cons
Every thing I mentioned and more ... Look for alternative not pret
- no benefits - overworks employees - bad scheduling - mentally draining - poor pay - no stopping constant moving - tiring - make to feel inadeqate - really hard work
Pros
you can cover in other shops if you need more hours
Cons
pay is very low, opening hour is really early, breakfast and lunch are really busy
theres constant drama and complaining everyone is mentally stuckthe people are being treated with least respectnothing worth your time here long hours and other stuff
Was really good working for Pret, until being made redundant, straight after maternity leave (thanks very much!) I have covered different areas in different shops all over London, so I have learnt a lot. There are very high standards and team members are asked to strictly follow all of them, so sometimes they could feel frustrated and overwelmed. Working in management team was quite difficult, as our bonus was depending on reaching targets that were higher and higher every year. Your contracted 42h as manager were more like 50/60 hours per week ( extra hours not paid). Some area/group managers were really demanding having no respect for your personal life.
Pros
Free lunch (before) ; career development ; good training
Cons
Very high standards to follow ; working at fast pace; extra hours not paid (as manager)
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
The fast-paced work environment needs a lot of energy but its fun and rewarding place to work. Free coffee and tea free meals higher payment than any competition in this industry. Multicultural environment with exciting people to work with Friday night parties in various clubs across London. People who are able to adapt rarely leave Pret.
Pros
Generous Benefits compared to competition
Cons
Max workload
Pay is horrific! Management is useless and never present. Rotas are unreliable. Hours take away your life. The over all experience is horrible. I never want to set foot into a Pret ever again!
Pros
There weren’t many pros working with Pret only some staff were nice.
Cons
Get bullied easily.
Ho lavorato in Pret 4 anni ed è stata un'esperienza formativa e significante anche se il lavoro era frenetico e il livello dello stress molto alto ma il tutto era compensato da un ambiente giovane e multietnico e da una mentalità competitiva ma meritocratica
Pros
Pasti, magnifici party, Friday drinks
Cons
Stress alto
Jobs at Pret A Manger
in London
See more jobs
Lack of communications between management and floor staff and also between kitchen and floor staff. Unrealistic expectations of senior management making job unduly stressful and making it near impossible for team to deliver best possible service to customers. Managers now jump between shops. Its a horrible atmoshpere.
Pros
Nopes
Cons
Too much to mention
I work for Pret 10 years. Is a good place to work but you need to work in fast pace. If you are hard working person you have potential to grow in company very fast. Management is very helpful and they quickly spot your talent. There is lots of good things to say about Pret, however can become a stressful place if you don't keep up to your targets :)
Pros
Flexible shifts
Inhuman salary for the workload. Backbreaking work. Early hours. Long stay. No extra pay doing overtime. Reducing it's weekly labour spend which is unfortunately to the detriment of customer service and team well being.
Pros
They dont care about workplace injuries even if as result you have to take time of work. Shortage of staff and unreliable staff who dont show up. Expected to show up in an hours notice and often called in to work on days of. No overtime paid.
Worked in Pret for 2 years (2018-2020) and I can say that the salary is really good. The workplace is fun to be in if the team is okay in my experience. Sometimes, the workplace can be toxic especially during coffee rush and when the manager doesn't help and put pressure on you. Luckily, the ones I've been with helped a lot during busy times.In terms of progression, It really depends on the manager. I've been working there for 2 years and I've been with colleagues who progressed quickly. I think it really depends on the manager's perspective and opinion of you.For salary, you get paid weekly and the pay rise has been good and competitive but Im not sure if it will rise again this April due to the pandemic.Overall, working at Pret is okay especially if you're flexible and a student. But, If you're planning on doing a course in uni that is not retail and management related, then you're better off gaining experience in a place that your CV/resume will benefit in.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good salary.
Cons
Pressure is heavy sometimes and your colleagues can be unhelpful (depends on the team you're with)
Esperienza consigliata. Ho fatto carriera nel giro di pochi mesi con una formazione step by step
I worked for pret for 10 years, probably few to many . Upto 2015 it was a great company yet then something happens. Work becomes more stressful ,more responsibilities ,crazy morning shifts never enough ppl
Pros
Free food/drinks
Cons
early shifts/never enough people
Seen team members come and go, some left in tears. leader shortage so they push you to run evening shifts without training and on low pay. it's a full time cleaning job with pressure from hq to manager who takes it out on staff. they try to screw you out of money by working extra time and 'forgetting' to add it to your hours. dont work there.
I would sincerely recommend this company. Since the first day I started to work for them, I gave my best and they noticed. In fact in a couple of months I grow up in terms of career.
Pros
Discount for food, Salary, Break Paid
Cons
Work shifts
It can be very toxic place to work If you are not from east Europe or Italy you are soo gonna be bullied... if you have a better place to go, please do so, otherwise don’t say I didn’t know it
Pros
Can’t think of one
I felt like a machine most of the time. Horrible team players, never given any help. Leadership is nonexisting. Pay is verly low for the responsibility and workload.
Cons
Bullying, low pay, early start, no breaks