Pret A Manger logo

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews in North London

3.3Pay & benefits

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,227 reviews

Never again!

No team work, poor management. Never enough help. Place is always a mess and management likes to talk in polish about you right in front of you. Staff all talk there native tongue and not being from.the same country can feel really out of place and stupid cause you NEVER know weather they are talking about you plus they majority of them can't hardly speak simple English.

rude

leader expected me know how to use equipment when I was not trained on how to do use it. Impossible behaviour by leaders and never enough people to work.

Cons

don't work at pret.

Only profit count

I worked for Pret a year and they treat there staff like badly, they have a bad reputation for underpaying, and for treating sick staff badly. No care for team members needs and well being from management. OPs managers are arrogant and never present. The only focus is money.

Pros

No pros for me

Cons

Unrealistic expectations

No good

There are lot wrong with this company like the fact that if your new they just throw you in like without any basic training and you are expected to learn everything in a few short hours being that's its a sandwich company but this type of management create a downfall in the stores performance of fast food and clean quality food cause some people even forget to wash their hands which bad and stress is created cause the older workers feel that the new workers bring them down in performance.

Horrible!

Get some management that know what they're doing, who treat employees properly. Money is an issue you can't promise staff they're going to get paid for things and not pay them. Stop being so hard on employees and hire managers with some compassion and care for their staff and customers.

Cons

Don't work there, money is nothing, sometimes no break, sometimes no day off.

Greedy company

Ruthlessly corporate. Cutting of hours. Company is very stingy while claiming to be generous. Be prepared to do the job of 3 people for minimum pay. No overtime pay. The customer is always right, even if you are verbally abused the company won't take your side.

Exhausting

Nobody communicates or cooperates, and they don't pay well at all. Almost demanded me to work 60hr weeks with no overtime pay when I was a part-timer. The most toxic staff I have ever come across in my life. Upper management does not care for store management. They ignore away any issues until it’s bad and then it’s only on you.

Pret is a scam!

Terrible boss very ignorant. Not a very good place to work. It quickly becomes very apparent why there's a high turnover of staff. 6 people left in a month. Managers are two-face. Pay isn't worth it for the job you do, they expect you to bend over backwards for them. HR is a shambles and impossible to communicate with, management is terrible, pay is woeful, your work is not appreciated. No social life. Slave to the company and so on and so forth. Nightmare!

Pros

There are no Pros. Some of the people you work with are at least nice.

Cons

See above.

It's really bad pay for what you do

Pays more than the minimum wage but you have to slave for it Under paid for gruelling work Awful hours Physically demanding Unrealistic targets and times Customers are either careless or lack common sense Never ever get out on time Unpaid overtime Inflexible No room to progress Patronising general manager

Great team colleges, terrible management

pret is all about pace and to recive bonus when mystery shopper is happy with all. I like my colleges but I hated management. They look down on us and treat others better when they are buddys. I dont recommend.

Pros

team friends free coffee

Cons

terrible manager and leaders, not enough pay, stress

Jobs at Pret A Manger