Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews in New York, NY

It’s okay Little room it improve , there’s no customers there’s nothing to do.Lack of diversity Great pay every Friday Takes too long to move up in the company
Enjoy the team and the experience. A lot of team work and room to grow. Be advise you can’t have your nails done and to wear comfortable clothing underneath uniform.
Good place. Some childish people make it toxic. Good overall. I’ve had good managers, and I’ve had bad managers. When I’ve told on the bad manager, the company didn’t really do anything, but that could’ve been because they needed managers and it was COVID Season.
Pros
Free food.
Loved This Job The staff is honestly what got me to work everyday lml Not just the customers or my self. If was nice to work around people who understood you and had the same hustle and drive.
Great benefits and work hours. GMs don’t work nights or weekends. Much better company pre-Covid who cared about the teams and people. Now, after Covid, you can tell they are just trying to save every dollar and happy teams is something of the past.
Pros
Benefits, no weekends, closed most holidays (paid)
Cons
No breaks for salaried managers on 10 hour shift
They really emphasize character development, and there is plenty of room for growth within the company. I’ve made some wonderful friendships with coworkers and managers alike. I recommend this company to anyone looking for a company that’s going to treat them right, pay them well, and encourage you as a person.
Pros
Free lunch, Room for growth.
Cons
Strict policies. Not for the faint of heart.
This work is only for those who do not have any prior work experience. Low pay, no benefits, and cannot get a day off. There are so many other better places to work.
Spent 4 years at pret honestly it was a rough ride but it got a lot easier towards the end. It definitely depends on management and how they handle things. Pret has a lot of opportunities to be great in areas they are lacking they just need to make sure they are giving the proper support and not setting unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack of follow through in training teams after hiring
They take hours away, for you to force a 2 week notice.They lack helping abilities. Most members are good at heart but overs lack knowledge to understand others and their position.
working a Pret has many challenges, you learn a lot, they train you well. the higher ups know your name and greet you like family. as the year went by the pressure that was put on the staff by the company became unrealistic to the point of burn out and loss of passion.
Pros
free lunch, great co workers, fun parties
Cons
unrealistic expectation that could only happen in a perfect world.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pret A Manger?
Fast paced fun job. Great free food. Great customers.hours and schedules are crazy. Was asked to close up at night 9pm and then have to be in at 5am to open frequently.
Pros
Free lunches, weekly bonuses can be earned.
Cons
Random and hectic scheduling. Advancement can be slowed by lazy management
Oh lord. Used to work for Pret a manger years ago, and I told them about the issues back then, and look at them now. There was no accountability, which I saw a lot of HR cases coming. They didn’t do anything about it. Now, they’re tying to catch up, but it might be very late for it.
Pros
Food
Cons
Management, Hr.
basically its alot of favoritism especially hispanic workers get to slack off while the rest of us have to work twice as hard please be aware of cliques and non stop drama
Pros
free breakfast and free lunch
Cons
management
Your coworkers are what truly create the enviroment for the workspace. Every Pret shop you go to, the workers are always affiliated with each other and are on the same team
Awesome place to work at. You really feel like a family. From the President to the shop team member, everyone treats you with respect and is really helpful. No negatives
As a result my experience at Pret A Manger was very awesome for my first job. I was a very fast learner so it was easy for me to get things down packed. Remember each food during training it is very important
The company asks very much from employees. they try to keep workers happy through incentives, but overall the work exceed the compensations. the company has a great culture that will literally suck you in and make the company your world.
I really like when i was workin at Pret, people were good and friendly. But i was not able to spend time with my family and was too demanding of mannagers
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No personal time
Some team colleagues are quite friendly and the food is pretty good. Management tried to spread everyone extremely thin to save money on labor to maximize profit. They need to remember that customers are the only reason why the company is still making money.
If your looking for a full time weekly check then this is a great option for you. It’s a strict environment but if your a good worker you won’t have a problem.
Its a food service job that overworks its employees and mistreats them if they don't work to there gold stranded. Highly do not recommend working there