Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews for Barista

I had a chance to work different shops in the area and everyone was different with kind of customs, being busy, opening hours, days etc. Company is providing a very good training and gives you a chance to improve your skills with many different ways.
They don’t care. You’ll be never enough and they will always make you feel like nothing.In this place you won’t be an human but just a machine replaceable at any moment.Also, during pandemic they fired for not pay the 10% to their people. Don’t work for Pret A Manger!Value yourself!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Infinity hours
Worked in Pret for 2 years (2018-2020) and I can say that the salary is really good. The workplace is fun to be in if the team is okay in my experience. Sometimes, the workplace can be toxic especially during coffee rush and when the manager doesn't help and put pressure on you. Luckily, the ones I've been with helped a lot during busy times.In terms of progression, It really depends on the manager. I've been working there for 2 years and I've been with colleagues who progressed quickly. I think it really depends on the manager's perspective and opinion of you.For salary, you get paid weekly and the pay rise has been good and competitive but Im not sure if it will rise again this April due to the pandemic.Overall, working at Pret is okay especially if you're flexible and a student. But, If you're planning on doing a course in uni that is not retail and management related, then you're better off gaining experience in a place that your CV/resume will benefit in.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good salary.
Cons
Pressure is heavy sometimes and your colleagues can be unhelpful (depends on the team you're with)
Seen team members come and go, some left in tears. leader shortage so they push you to run evening shifts without training and on low pay. it's a full time cleaning job with pressure from hq to manager who takes it out on staff. they try to screw you out of money by working extra time and 'forgetting' to add it to your hours. dont work there.
You are never standing still at Pret, there is always something to do. Cleanliness and hygene are paramount. The customers and team made it a great place to work, but it's hard work!
Pros
Team work
Cons
Miscommunication
Bullying is not a personality problem, it's just poor management. It's bad enough that you get abuse from customers but from leaders is not ok and management team don't solve problem just ensures that the bully can get away with their behaviour. Oh and now Pret cut hours and all the little peanuts. Time to leave.
I felt really good with my colleagues, and the group is amazing. Pret as a company offers you a chance to improve and learn as far as you want to go. I really liked that.
Comfortable and friendly environment all around, The management is great they actually put a lot of hard work in on the floor with customers, cleaning etc. Being a place that a lot of companies call in to order food and drinks from there is a lot of large orders so keeping the pace and prioritising is a must especially if you have a lot if sit in customers at the same time.
Pros
Good pay and weekly pay and nice environment to work in
Everyone at Pret has an opportunity to develop their skill further and progress up the career ladder. Teaches how to deal with stress well and how to handle customer complains.
Pros
Free lunch, great pay, 50% when not at work
Cons
stressful
Bel posto, ma veramente busy come ambiente. Bisogna essere dinamici e flessibili per qualsiasi mansione
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pret A Manger?
Sexist, abusive and incompetent management! No support from management! Stressful environment! Refuse to pay people for the hours worked means they actually pay well below minimum wage! Run by complete control freaks!
I really enjoyed my time at pret a manger , pay was quite high compare to the competitor and always in time, free healthy food and paid breaks, management always supportive
Fair management and nice people. Once you get hired you won't get laid off easily. Fair bonus scheme and some good benefits you will like. Career options also available.
Pros
Easy to be hired, good team, good management
Cons
Stressful sometimes
Pret, is genuinely a lovely company to work for, to work here you need a can do attitude and a really good sense of humor. No two days are the same, and generally everyone looks after each other
It's a low skilled job with a low salary to compensate this fact. However it is the best among all the competitors, both in terms of salary and in terms of food quality.
Terrible boss very ignorant. Not a very good place to work. It quickly becomes very apparent why there's a high turnover of staff. 6 people left in a month. Managers are two-face. Pay isn't worth it for the job you do, they expect you to bend over backwards for them. HR is a shambles and impossible to communicate with, management is terrible, pay is woeful, your work is not appreciated. No social life. Slave to the company and so on and so forth. Nightmare!
Pros
There are no Pros. Some of the people you work with are at least nice.
Cons
See above.
they give you good training, good pay for hospitality industry, nice environment, nioce uniforms, the policy about the standrad is tto rigid and there is bad balance between the hwork and the spare time.
I loved my job so much I was so happy for two and a half years then we get 3 new managers and 30 new team members to train within 1 year everything is unorganised new people are lazy and don’t listen to feedback. I would have stayed if I could change shops but was told minimum 4 weeks maximum 5 months. I couldn’t wait in the toxic environment anymore so had to go
Pros
great people, pay, food on shift, paid breaks, parties
Cons
management create bad environment
Pret seem to get rid of staff during probationary period. You get no support for your personal issues. Very unprofessional & management are very rude and act like they’re above everyone.
Very fast-paced environment, good teamwork, discounts for staff and weekly bonuses. I will recommend to anyone who enjoys challenges and working in a team.
With previous barista/ management experience I was excited to start work at Pret. I had interview and trial shift and then was offered barista job. While on the job I understood that certain management have their favourites giving them favours and allowing them to work less then others. If you had any problem with work or coworker, managers encouraged you not to speak out, but if you complained they do nothing. They like to sweep thing under the carpet. If you complain to head office, they will promise you support, but really do nothing about it. Pay, they pay above minimum wage but not allowing you to accept tips. They promise you bonus which is good in quieter shops, but If you work in busy place like station, you always loose the bonus as it’s too busy to keep shop clean and immaculate at all times. So you better of working In quieter Pret, because you work less and get paid more. The job itself very busy and energy consuming. You make coffee non stop, and their coffee calling system is more stressful than effective. They ask you to remember 10 drinks at the time. After few months of bashing out the drinks non stop I have developed triggered finger. It took five months for my finger to heal after leaving this job, but in some cases it requires a surgery to get triggered finger back to normal according to NHS. They ask baristas to be very outgoing and entertaining, to create the buzz. So if you have a quieter more introverted personality you might struggle, as you are required to put on a show all day every day, they call it Pret behaviour. Strange thing was that Pret - more...