Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews for Front End Associate

Everything chips in and works well together even when new people join. We have fun nights with the team and if we do well on the mystery shopper we can receive up 50.00 extra on our salary. If we do well as a team we get some money to spend and we go to out to a place of are choice. Every Friday is fun day where we can dress up in costumes, we also dress up on seasonal holiday like Christmas Halloween valentines day and easter. More time and energy you put into the job the more you get out of it.
Pros
Free lunch is amazing.
Cons
None that I can remember
I worked for prey over 20 years at Sransted airport One of the best place to work for They look after there staff very well It’s a family business
Like in any job there were pros and cons, but let me tell you this: it’s perfect for single people, with 0 responsibilities and basically willing to be working even from their days Off if the business needed it or agree to be cut hours otherwise. I met great people during my stay with the company as well as bullies.Good pay but the amount of stress and anxiety given are overwhelming and alarming.People gossip a lot behind your back and always, always pass duties from one to another, the most often to the newest staff Member which is hardly nice.
Pros
Free food and sometimes nice colleagues.
Cons
90% of the time.
Amazing company to work for i met some great colleagues who became good friends it's hard work but pays off well, can climb the ladder of you work hard and have passion.
Pros
Free food good colleague's
Cons
Long shifts
The manager doesn’t have the balls to fire people or give warnings, every single day it’s a new problem in the shop. They complain instead of fixing the problems. The AMF it’s a disgusting men who treat women’s really bad, sexist and also hit the girls, and the manager doesn’t do nothing . I tried to do a complain about the AMF, until today no one did nothing. It’s a shame the way they don’t give a shitt. They only care about money, and the rest is bullshitt.
If you are new in the country I think is one of the best jobs, it has a really good salary in that sector, is so easy to do and you don´t even need to know English. But I don´t recommend it for a long term job cause is so difficult to progress, and live in London is expensive. The only people that usually go up in this company are the friends of the manager so if you are not that kind of person that is trying to make friends with the boss and going with him to the Pret parties and to the pub to get drinks with him .... definitely don't expect to get in a good position.
Pros
Free food, good different benefits and a lot of parties
Cons
Stressful
I work in pret for a couple of years and can't figure out why it's so stressful. Job in itself is not difficult to understand but managers treats you like idiots. I wanted to go on the job ladder was a team leader but was always blamed for everything even manager mistake. Team members who where lazy made friend with manager and get promoted. I was not trained but expected to do job perfect. I worked in many shops because they always have no team members. Teams have no respect for managers who are not helping and don't care. I go back to my country where I found job. All I learnd in pret was to try to cope with stress but i don't want this kind of stress again. I was a fun person before pret but now I'm just tired and depressed. I can not recoment pret. To much stress for nothing and bad paid. Better work in lesser paid with less stress.
Pros
some nice colleges, free food but I can't eat much as I'm vegan, and to much cross contamination in kitchen
Cons
bad managers in most shop I worked, dirty work kitchen don't wash hands, no real training, blamed for everything, no support, bad paid
I have enjoyed work for Pret if not because always I have a passion for something else I would have continue to for them. The company spirit is really good, this is without event talk about the benefits part provide for all their employee. I have a dream, and I want follow it. that the only reason why I have let Pret.
Pros
free lunch, Friday Drink every month
Cons
sometime long hours
Gotta be honest, i loved my time in Pret. Manager and assistant manager of the shop are just great, they really put their heart on the job and they know how to speak with people. always available to help whatever you need and great to party on. Due to the deadline to leave the shop at end of the night and the busy periods during the day is hard to clean the shop properly, customer view looks beautiful but lift some "rocks" and gets pretty nasty. also you better be able to speak Spanish and Italian, it's insane the amount of people you will find that can't say a word in English, perhaps something for Pret as a company to focus on. Team mates are good, you can't trust everyone, but you can have fun with them at work specially the great polish barista i worked with. If you would like to work for Pret please visit Albemarle Street, is by far one of the best good environment Pret you can get.
Pros
pret party, Meet people, food, free coffee, good hours, excellent manager and assistant manager
Cons
cleaning, stress, to meet MS standards you have to cheat, ops manager should spend some time with team members
Really good place to work if you dont have experience or a good English level, you will learn a lot about standars and food safety but the most important, you will learn how to work under a lot of pressure. Apply there, work for few months and run away a soon as you can. There are plenty of places in the hospitality business where to work with better salary and less pressure. No worth it if you have experience.
Pros
Learn as you go, Easy to progress.
Cons
So much pressure, bad schedule if you work in the kitchen
I had a terrible experience on my training week there. Managment and somemembers of staff were extremely rude and patronising, was often a lot of eye rolling and sighs and that you shouldn't be wasting there time, when you actually need there help as there suppose to be training you. Would not recommend working there at all.
They are usually very busy days, sometimes quite stressful. Everybody that works for Pret understands the importance of customer care and the values Pret stands by. You can learn a lot working at Pret, depending on the shop/area you can progress quite quickly. I worked there for +4 years but if I wanted to further myself I would have had to move shops to another city. I wasn't willing to do that and that's why I left. I'm looking for a career now. The benefits you get are far better than any other company I've worked for.
It is a company were hard work is something they love.Good team leader or manager is a person who spends lots of time at work with 100% engagement.And this is what I was doing working for Pret. Company offers very good training and not bad salary for this sort of work (better than competition). There is a lot of pressure on great and outstanding service. Lovely food and coffee. I met many very good managers, leaders and had a pleasure to work with them. I learned a lot and appreciate it.
Pros
free lunches and hot drinks
Cons
big pressure, stress on leaders and managers, physically exhausting