Pret A Manger
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews for General Manager

Pret is great place to work if you want to make some money - on management level. However pressure is so high you can't rest when you're off or even on holiday
Pros
money, health insurance & free food
Cons
long hours, non-existing work/life balance
loved pret, amazing team and company, the time spent empowering the team was outstanding. I worked for 2 amazing managers who really looked after me, I was very sad to leave.
I worked for Pret for 25 years and progressed from Team Member up to General Manager and beyond. I would recommend Pret to anyone for its outstanding training, development and work environment
Be ready to do 15 hours shifts without breaks. And the management only looks for the numbers. Only targets, no time to do your job as manager. And if something goes wrong you get all the blame without support of your line manager. Horrible place to work, stress.
Worked in the company 8 years but the way the company is run in this area is an absolute disaster. Managers are forced to cheat on results and break standards just so that the area manager looks good on paper, though he stays at home most of the days whilst the shops collapse. Since 2018 there is so much pressure in getting the standards right however I’ve seen kitchens running on two people on night shifts and even one on day shift (where four people are required per shift) as area management does want figures to be right on paper- this could cause enormous issues if something went wrong I.e. allergens. People are over stretched and tired since the pressure to achieve selection in stores is high but not enough labour in. I have been questioned why do I need to work 14-16 hours a day when no one is asking to yet being told going on underperformance if I over spend on hours. Over 200 people have pret in this area since last year, as well as 8 managers and assistant managers in 8 shops, so numbers speak on their own. We as managers aim to make our teams happy and safe however the over stretching on labour just made us cover the gaps over and over not realising the biggest gap was within us unable to have a normal life or humanity due to the amount of hours being psychologically forced into work. I have met great people and higher management in this company but there is an unacceptable level of fear culture up here in Edinburgh, where people believe they won’t actually be okay if they quit their job if unhappy. It’s 2019 and if your employer raises you to be scared - more...
amazing company, great people. loved every minute with Pret. made amazing friends and had great training and support, i have learnt alot from this company,a dn am sad to be wanting to leave.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
its addictive
Well what can i say - great place to work , great people amazing food and such amazing management teams . This company goes over and beyond to support their people
Pros
Food
Cons
Days at work are fun but can become very stressful caused by unexpected events. I have grown as a person massively and have built my career from strength to strength. Pret's culture is all about passion and innovation, to be proud of. The biggest challenges are the day buy day un expected events an the hight staff turn over. THE most enjoyable are definitely the people who day by day make Pret to be what it is now, one of the biggest and most successful business model in the restaurants industry.
benefits
Cons
work life balance
I couldn't ask for a better place where to grow as a Manager. Professional training and supportive staff. Working for Pret a Manger helped me to improve my HR knowledge.
Very busy at times and demanding role. People are great, hard-working and productive
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits including quarterly bonus and free lunch
Cons
long hours, demanding/stressful role