Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews for Kitchen Team Member

They pay the holyday, nice manager, great people in the team , posibility to share break, good benefits, nice environment, I didn't like because was to far of my home
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I worked for pret for 10 years, probably few to many . Upto 2015 it was a great company yet then something happens. Work becomes more stressful ,more responsibilities ,crazy morning shifts never enough ppl
Pros
Free food/drinks
Cons
early shifts/never enough people
If you want to work at Pret, know that they will work you to death and pay you very little for it. I got sick but my gm didn't believe me. Avoid Pret like coronavirus!!!
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Too many to think of
Long hours No appreciation Always look for negatives in you rather than help you out Lack of rewards or recognition or rewards set too high to achieve
Cons
Depression
management was too in your face and trying to know every detail about your personal life, lack of trust, hours constantly cut and then called on your day of to cover shifts.
Very tough job, early shift at 4 a.m.Nightshift mandatory .Hard work of kitchen production with impossible deadline.Manager stressed and with impossible expectations.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour and Rota
Took advantage of your work ethic Reluctent to show you how to do the job Attempted to put two shifts with less than 11 hours together Rotas done day before new week Clickish behavour 'Family tree' means young managers who don't know how to talk to people.
Cons
Everything, horrible management, workplace maintained by fear, HR not helpful.
You’re expected to be a robot you’re not allowed to talk, cause if you aren’t stressed you obviously don’t work hard enough if you stop for a second, 'you are not working' zero respect towards workers terrible management horrible company
Pros
coffee
Cons
management
Can get very busy and stressful at times however working in a team makes it more fun and easier. Good pay and loads of benefits. Good management and varying shifts
Pros
Good pay, benefits, two days off per week, great team, good management
Cons
Busy and stressful, long shifts
Unreliable staff, I covered for sick team members almost daily without overtime pay. Favouritism, not good pay for the amount of stress, saving labour most days. Team leader gets easily angered when you fall behind.
Kitchen leader always want us work fast, have no break when people call sick and will not got paid staying longer. Is very dirty and hot on running every day.
No training provided. Unrealistic targets. Too many leaders. Last-minute rotas. Uncertain amount of hours per week. Growth is based on liking. Hard working. Small space but over-crowded. Poor paid. Not worth the hassle.
I worked in many shops in stressfull areas. We worked all very hard but leaders are never happy. If they don't like you they work you harder then they're favourites.
Pros
Cons
Stress, bad leader, to much work for bad pay
Very easy job but very unfair treatment, shouted at by leaders/manager for everything. You never work fast enough to please them. Very fast paced work with minimal breaks (that you only get to take when leaders say so) could spend 6+ hours on your feet before getting a break.
Pros
Free food when on shift
Cons
Management, unfair treatment, completely overworked then fired when you can’t do anymore, no feelings for workers needs
High standard company, hard working and team happiness place, promoting people, Good salary. Lots of experience. Delicious food made every day fresh in the kitchen.
pret is all about pace and to recive bonus when mystery shopper is happy with all. I like my colleges but I hated management. They look down on us and treat others better when they are buddys. I dont recommend.
Pros
team friends free coffee
Cons
terrible manager and leaders, not enough pay, stress
Pret a Manger is exausting, they stress you out for tiny things and when you are behind schedule for minutes. Leaders like to sit in office, push us when we don't work fast but they don't help. Very low morale.
I have been working 3 years in Pret A Manger, London. At first they promised to me I will be a barista and I did start the training but after my manager cancelled because friend of her came to the shop to work. So this job is absolutely waste of time. I have been working full time for 2 years and the shifts and the stress pushed me to moved part time. Part or full time doesn’t matter management front of house or kitchen will always find a complaint about your job and duties. Stress is absolutely not worth the money they pay. In my shop only for a month 6 people gave resignation. It is a shame for Pret to have such a management. Nobody care for you in Pret A Manger. Selfishness, bullying, harassment and lies- this is Pret A Manger. I have changed shops to see if elsewhere will be better, but unfortunately no! Same treatment same behaviour. People are moody and disrespectfully. I am glad I left !
Treated like robots, not paid for overtime, not care for health, discrimination, lots of hours noisy, manager don't care, work somewhere else nothing more
Pros
nothing
Cons
depression, anxiety, worst
Worked in the kitchen for 2 weeks then walked. Reasons for this: - Start time is 4 am, which meant getting up at 2:30 am due to transportation. - Overbearing management which constantly harases you over their 6 key points of production, duties that could wait until your finished preparing food, your speed needing to be better.( Hint speed comes with practice not right away) - Kitchen is way too small for the amount of workers and everyone is always running around looking for ingredients that someone else has, if call out for it no one answers and after you open a new container you will be in for it with a team leader. - Vast majority of co-workers are not English and always talk around you in their own language ( the idiots don't realize that you can read their body language and so can tell when their talking about you) - If you leave a knife (serrated with no pointed tip so no risk of impalement) on your work bench to do anything such, pick something you dropped, move something on your bench or hand something to someone and team leader see's then your in trouble. - Being lectured on how the label is a clock and so needs to be straight every time it's even slightly crooked. No you morons the label is colour coded for the time of day it was used at, the label is in fact just a static image that never changes. - I felt like I was treated like I am an idiot by the team leaders. If I made a mistake when making a sandwich I would have to be retaught everything about it even though everything else I had done up to that point was correct. Don't work here if - more...
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pretty much everything
As this was my first job after relocation to UK, was great to gain basic set of skills, understanding the structure of basic systems and London in general