Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews for Team Member

It was actually a great opportunity to learn more about the type of daily food in London. Being in contact with different cultures allowed me to make my cultural baggage diverse
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
Terrible wage unsociable working hours no recognition. When you do hardwork no appreciation and is you want to progress your career no one ask to do, no recognition. Upper manager trickle down affect on your store manager. Waste of time.
No team work, poor management. Never enough help. Place is always a mess and management likes to talk in polish about you right in front of you. Staff all talk there native tongue and not being from.the same country can feel really out of place and stupid cause you NEVER know weather they are talking about you plus they majority of them can't hardly speak simple English.
They will dump work on you as your a new comer. Really honestly was the worse job I ever had. The ops went off on whoever didn’t matter your position. Never gave you the time to explain, was just managed poorly.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Fake dishonest dompany
Pay is horrific! Management is useless and never present. Rotas are unreliable. Hours take away your life. The over all experience is horrible. I never want to set foot into a Pret ever again!
Pros
There weren’t many pros working with Pret only some staff were nice.
Cons
Get bullied easily.
leader expected me know how to use equipment when I was not trained on how to do use it. Impossible behaviour by leaders and never enough people to work.
Cons
don't work at pret.
Lack of communications between management and floor staff and also between kitchen and floor staff. Unrealistic expectations of senior management making job unduly stressful and making it near impossible for team to deliver best possible service to customers. Managers now jump between shops. Its a horrible atmoshpere.
Pros
Nopes
Cons
Too much to mention
Best place to work ,great team and good pay .Also friendly staff and very respectful people there .You will feel there like you are part of a big family,for me it was the best place to work .
Inhuman salary for the workload. Backbreaking work. Early hours. Long stay. No extra pay doing overtime. Reducing it's weekly labour spend which is unfortunately to the detriment of customer service and team well being.
Pros
They dont care about workplace injuries even if as result you have to take time of work. Shortage of staff and unreliable staff who dont show up. Expected to show up in an hours notice and often called in to work on days of. No overtime paid.
Made to do more work when paid less during covid. Sick days were given as unpaid days even tho I've been with the company over a year. Will never work there again that's for sure.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad managment, teams that can't speak English
It can be very toxic place to work If you are not from east Europe or Italy you are soo gonna be bullied... if you have a better place to go, please do so, otherwise don’t say I didn’t know it
Pros
Can’t think of one
I felt like a machine most of the time. Horrible team players, never given any help. Leadership is nonexisting. Pay is verly low for the responsibility and workload.
Cons
Bullying, low pay, early start, no breaks
I worked for Pret a year and they treat there staff like badly, they have a bad reputation for underpaying, and for treating sick staff badly. No care for team members needs and well being from management. OPs managers are arrogant and never present. The only focus is money.
Pros
No pros for me
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
there are no really good reason to work at pret, you work there cause you have no other choice of a lot of job losses now. there is alot wrong with this company like the fact that if your new they just throw you in like without any standerd/basic training. and you are expected to learn everything in a few short hours. very poor hygiene.
You don't get paid enough.Bad morale.Terrible culture with no growth potential. Bad management.Lie straight to your face.High standards hard to achieve.
They want you to have full open availability but work part time hours stretched over ridiculous schedules - For example, it's not at all unuusual to be scheduled 9 days in a row and still not make full time hours. Covid is used a s excuse.
Customers constantly complaining about the speed of service because of the lack of staff and high flow of customers. OPS managers are of zero help other than to stitch shop staff up. Our bonus are cut while directors get six digit bonus. Pret is a complete joke and they 'values' are fake.
Cons
Live up to your values and stop forcing them on us.
My ratings for each section is enough to express my love towards this company.Best company so far I have ever worked in my life.No discrimination and open opportunities for all.
Pros
free food, uniform, shoes, discount, parties and mainly the support from management.
Cons
haven't experienced even a single in my whole 1 year working tenure with Pret.