Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews for Team Member

It was actually a great opportunity to learn more about the type of daily food in London. Being in contact with different cultures allowed me to make my cultural baggage diverse
Pret its hard work with no good feedback and there is lots of back stabing going on and belittle you if your don't fit. Your life will be made very difficult. You will be servant to leaders.
Cons
Leaders
- no benefits - overworks employees - bad scheduling - mentally draining - poor pay - no stopping constant moving - tiring - make to feel inadeqate - really hard work
Pros
you can cover in other shops if you need more hours
Cons
pay is very low, opening hour is really early, breakfast and lunch are really busy
not nice environment, rude leaders, low pay, abusive manager, tough work, unregulate hours, always running out of mask and saniticer, no socal distancing, bad overall
Cons
unsafe workplace
No health and safety frequent sickness back-breaking shifts >60 hours and more no paid overtiimeruthlessly cruel management obviously don't care about shops or their staff
Pros
Maybe just for the experience in stress
Cons
Everything, Pret requires much but pays very little
Over worked, underpaid, dodgy pay, and worst of all they are so short staffed in every area, they will stoop so low as to withdraw holiday just days before leaving. There are far better jobs out there, with far greater offerings.
theres constant drama and complaining everyone is mentally stuckthe people are being treated with least respectnothing worth your time here long hours and other stuff
Fake freindness, fake promises, bad money, dirty shop, discriminite manager, sweat, dirt, hot ill healhty work place, no pay breaks, hate every minute I work there, never again.
Pros
Pro: nothing
Cons
Con: everything is a con
Don't train everyone for production so if manager see you can do it they will make you do it every single time rather then rotation. Super fast production and drain you.
Pros
Free food but unpaid breaks that makes us cut breaks short to finish production.
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
Terrible wage unsociable working hours no recognition. When you do hardwork no appreciation and is you want to progress your career no one ask to do, no recognition. Upper manager trickle down affect on your store manager. Waste of time.
No team work, poor management. Never enough help. Place is always a mess and management likes to talk in polish about you right in front of you. Staff all talk there native tongue and not being from.the same country can feel really out of place and stupid cause you NEVER know weather they are talking about you plus they majority of them can't hardly speak simple English.
They will dump work on you as your a new comer. Really honestly was the worse job I ever had. The ops went off on whoever didn’t matter your position. Never gave you the time to explain, was just managed poorly.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Fake dishonest dompany
Pay is horrific! Management is useless and never present. Rotas are unreliable. Hours take away your life. The over all experience is horrible. I never want to set foot into a Pret ever again!
Pros
There weren’t many pros working with Pret only some staff were nice.
Cons
Get bullied easily.
leader expected me know how to use equipment when I was not trained on how to do use it. Impossible behaviour by leaders and never enough people to work.
Cons
don't work at pret.
Lack of communications between management and floor staff and also between kitchen and floor staff. Unrealistic expectations of senior management making job unduly stressful and making it near impossible for team to deliver best possible service to customers. Managers now jump between shops. Its a horrible atmoshpere.
Pros
Nopes
Cons
Too much to mention
Best place to work ,great team and good pay .Also friendly staff and very respectful people there .You will feel there like you are part of a big family,for me it was the best place to work .
Inhuman salary for the workload. Backbreaking work. Early hours. Long stay. No extra pay doing overtime. Reducing it's weekly labour spend which is unfortunately to the detriment of customer service and team well being.
Pros
They dont care about workplace injuries even if as result you have to take time of work. Shortage of staff and unreliable staff who dont show up. Expected to show up in an hours notice and often called in to work on days of. No overtime paid.
Made to do more work when paid less during covid. Sick days were given as unpaid days even tho I've been with the company over a year. Will never work there again that's for sure.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad managment, teams that can't speak English