Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews for Team Trainer

I've been working for Pret almost 4 years , I learned a lot, about stock control, orders, invoices, be patient whit humans... Everything depends which shop and which manager you work, I had 2 bad management and 2 good management, you after 3 months can change shop or area if you are not happy... That's it's a good thing there
Pros
Food, team, bonus, flexible shift
Cons
Really Busy, sometime bad management
I loved working here. There was a lot of career progression. Only sad thing was the whole sleep with a manager to get to where you want. Sadly it was the case for who was my assistnant manager and main manager at the time. Alot of staff were very angry at this happening but that was not for me to dwell on. I looked past it. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the friendly faces and some not so much. The regulars were always happy to see us. If it wasnt for my back problems, I would still be working there as i loved the buzz that this job gave me!
Pros
Free lunches, discounts around the other stores
Cons
Shift work, Long hours standing, poor pay
Pret is a company with filosofy, culture, and great atmosphere...It is Easy to growing up, and achieve higher positions.I recommend it 100%!It is a self made company whom growled and develop it self around the time.It make a pret a Manger a company capable to face all charges ahead in time!
Pros
Free lunch, coffees, bonuses
Cons
Very busy
Sometimes it is stressful and sometimes its fun. Depends on your luck with colleagues and Management. Generally it is a Good place to work and develop various skills. There are real opportunities to get promoted .
Pros
Free staff meal
Cons
Flexible hours.
If you want to grown in the company, it’s not going to happen. The reason I’m saying this is because you have to do some really CRAZY things to be apart of their furniture. The managers do not and will not ever care about you. The team in anyway possible are not supportive. The company itself , steals money from work colleagues and put the money they have Ito new shops so they can make money.
Pret A Manger is one of the best fresh organic food that all customer enjoy Our general manager is very cooperative and helpful to everyone I enjoy working in Pret A Manger
I never worked in a more horrible place then Pret If you want to know what slavery is in the first world 2019 work at Pret!!! Managers are not trained in how to treat people right They promise pay rise and promotion just to keep you slaving for hours and you have to remind manager to pay you the right amount of hours you work They exploit you and don't pay for overtime Don't work at Pret
They care about standards and allergics, trying to give customers good experiences. They care about every single detail. Salary is good but you have to start early
Pros
salary
Cons
5am starting
Interesting job in terms of a personal experience living abroad. Stressful. Lots of staff, people start and quit all the time. You get to know many different people but nobody really stands for the job. Good for starting in a new city.
You would get to work about 6am, open up and start marking off the delivery. Once you've marked it off it would be put away by team members whist i complete the order forms and inform the delivery company of any errors. We would then prep all of the veg and make the sandwiches. I would take the team out for the brief of the day and whats happening, after this we would return to the kitchen and i would ensure the items are out on time. Once everyone would be sent on break i would complete the paperwork and go on break myself whilst the team do the jobs i had set for them. After the days products are made i would complete the finalisation of the paperwork and complete the ordering whilst the team would clean down the kitchen and finish for the day
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunch, also 50% off other Prets around the country
Cons
Long hours, and continuous work
The management of the company seems to have no principle based. This is my own opinion wich goes from the tensioned experience I had in the Salisbury shop.
Cons
Less paid comparison with working hours
Some manager do not consider people hard working and give more chances to others than who really deserves. Nice team work Nice people Good principles
Great career progression.. A really fun place to work.. challenging too. Lots of training, and sometimes travel .. and great parties. The product, food is amazing.. You can believe in it. Standards are always very high.
Pros
Lots including lunches, and an ecclectic work force.. Busy atmos, Active day too
Cons
Get some comfy shoes!! You will need them
On morning checked the delivery and fridges temperatures. Make a lot of sandwiches with passionate. We were enjoyed our music in the kitchen :)
During my day at work I make sandwiches and other products for my shop and for another one (our twin shop); also I train and coach new and old employers that might need help in following standards. I've learned: how to manage difficult situation; how to train and coach; all the standards of Health and Safety; how to give an outstanding customer service. My co-workers are from all the world, specially from Sapin, Italy and Poland. The hardest part of the job is to deal with the issues that everyday we have. Most enjoyable part of the day is when I can talk and laugh with my colleagues.
Pros
Free Lunch, Break paid
Cons
Low gratification