Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Working environment to tighten up, no space to maneuver around kitchen. Changing room very small, for one person but all company changes clothes, men and women in same small room - never seen anything like that.Salary bare min, need to apply to UC to get extra or have another job if you want to survive in London.Constant pressure for speed and performance and sense treath to loose job for all, even management.Disrespectful production system where quantity and speed is more important than quality.3 second rule, wich allows you to pick up bread from floor if dropped and continue production - disqualified.But staff is mostly smiley and happy to help and support you.
Good place to work, there are a lot of opportunities to grow.Great culture of team work. Good benefits and good pay for this type of London coffee shops.
Health and safety in the work place at risk because of the unrealistic demands. WE'RE always having to chase up back pay and unpaid hours. We're never praised for hard work. Always working over hours as no one to take over when time to go.
Pros
Staff discount, holiday, some nice team mates.
Cons
Constant cutting of staff and hours that in turn leads to one person doing the work of two!
Interview and training made the job seem great! But it was not like that in real life, management is shocking and lazy! Most colleagues unreliable and self-orientated(no team work).Early starts and late finishes. Expectation of staff from all levels (except training) to have no break ‘unofficially’. Unpredictable as to what day you are going to have based on managers/staffs mood due to amount of stress and pressure of demand of workload (short staffed with no help from managers) also where staff are situated throughout the shift can change (giving a feeling of inequality, choosing one over another). Only good thing limited free food, unlimited free coffee, pay(to an extent) and development opportunities(to an extent).
Pros
Limited free food, unlimited free coffee, development opportunities(to an extent), pay(to an extent)
Cons
Long hours, horrible management, inequality(selecting one over the other), no team work, unpredictable, develop only if a position is available in current branch(or others meaning transfers), pay is not worth the stress and workload
Pret a Manger leaders will it work you like a dog for a little to no money and management feels they can treat you however they want despite the fact that no one wants to be there for no money.
Pros
nothing
The Customers are not satisfied as waiting in queue due to company cutting staff members hours. In order to make this shop profitable we need at least 1 other staff member to serve customers and not leave them walking out. Focus on your staff more, you lack any empathy for your basic staff. Remember, your basic staff know people, they talk, it does your reputation no good when you treat them like you do.
Pros
Some nice collegues
Cons
Unreliable rota
I worked at pret a manger, had many problems with mangerment who are very rude and dont help if you have disability. Make you think it you who the problem, has a large turn over of staff because of this problem
Pros
Free lunches on shift
Cons
Long hours and rude mangerment
Pret its hard work with no good feedback and there is lots of back stabing going on and belittle you if your don't fit. Your life will be made very difficult. You will be servant to leaders.
Cons
Leaders
Absolutely horrible place to work. I’ve worked for 4 locations under diffrent managers and it’s all the same. Upper management has zero regard for employees, you are a cog in a broken down and failing machine. Very greedy all they seem to talk about is how much money we need to make and how little they care about anything else
Pros
Location, plant based milk
Cons
Every thing I mentioned and more ... Look for alternative not pret
- no benefits - overworks employees - bad scheduling - mentally draining - poor pay - no stopping constant moving - tiring - make to feel inadeqate - really hard work
Pros
you can cover in other shops if you need more hours
Cons
pay is very low, opening hour is really early, breakfast and lunch are really busy
not nice environment, rude leaders, low pay, abusive manager, tough work, unregulate hours, always running out of mask and saniticer, no socal distancing, bad overall
Cons
unsafe workplace
No health and safety frequent sickness back-breaking shifts >60 hours and more no paid overtiimeruthlessly cruel management obviously don't care about shops or their staff
Pros
Maybe just for the experience in stress
Cons
Everything, Pret requires much but pays very little
Over worked, underpaid, dodgy pay, and worst of all they are so short staffed in every area, they will stoop so low as to withdraw holiday just days before leaving. There are far better jobs out there, with far greater offerings.
theres constant drama and complaining everyone is mentally stuckthe people are being treated with least respectnothing worth your time here long hours and other stuff
Fake freindness, fake promises, bad money, dirty shop, discriminite manager, sweat, dirt, hot ill healhty work place, no pay breaks, hate every minute I work there, never again.
Pros
Pro: nothing
Cons
Con: everything is a con
I had a chance to work different shops in the area and everyone was different with kind of customs, being busy, opening hours, days etc. Company is providing a very good training and gives you a chance to improve your skills with many different ways.
Was really good working for Pret, until being made redundant, straight after maternity leave (thanks very much!) I have covered different areas in different shops all over London, so I have learnt a lot. There are very high standards and team members are asked to strictly follow all of them, so sometimes they could feel frustrated and overwelmed. Working in management team was quite difficult, as our bonus was depending on reaching targets that were higher and higher every year. Your contracted 42h as manager were more like 50/60 hours per week ( extra hours not paid). Some area/group managers were really demanding having no respect for your personal life.
Pros
Free lunch (before) ; career development ; good training
Cons
Very high standards to follow ; working at fast pace; extra hours not paid (as manager)
Don't train everyone for production so if manager see you can do it they will make you do it every single time rather then rotation. Super fast production and drain you.
Pros
Free food but unpaid breaks that makes us cut breaks short to finish production.
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Too many team leaders being rewarded, while staff members who carry out tasks are not. Cleaning tasks not carried out well enough, not enough attention paid to detail
Pros
Free lunch / drinks
Cons
Individuals not rewarded for hard work / effort
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
  1. Employee reviews