Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Would give 0 stars if I could

29 March 2019
Pret works as a temporary job when you need money fast. But virtually everyone where I worked complains that they want to leave. I myself had moved to "part-time" - which is basically a honest full-time and not modern day slavery. At first they are nice but then the workload increases, life/work balance I would say is non-existent. Managers are almost blind to their employees' needs and would do anything to increase profit, team is consistently understaffed and still you are told you don't work fast enough. Most of the managers are also passive aggressive and just generally neurotic and stressed and have a go at you for every small detail. I've met some really lovely people, don't get me wrong, but most of the managers are as previously described, and the general atmosphere in the workplace is not a good one. At Pret it is normal to work 11 days in a row, with only one day off to then start all over again. If you work in the kitchen you are expected to comply to the standards and get complaints if you don't do a good job when you've had very little sleep and have too much to do. I've seen members being assigned two positions at once for lack of staff. For the three months that I was there, it almost ruined my physical and mental health. I dreaded going to work. The pay is fairly good but it is not worth it considering the huge amount of stress and workload, and the long hours. It is disheartening that such a successful and profitable coffee chain would put so little effort in caring for its general employees, who after all lie at the heart of the company. In summary, - more...
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free food & free coffee, met some nice people
Cons
Disorganized shifts, horrendous work/life balance, stressful, not worth ruining your health for
24 February 2021
Same role
Team Member (Current Employee) - Salisbury
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
23 February 2021
Same roleSame location
Team Member (Former Employee) - London, UK
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
17 February 2021
Same location
Duty Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) - London
The fast-paced work environment needs a lot of energy but its fun and rewarding place to work. Free coffee and tea free meals higher payment than any competition in this industry. Multicultural environment with exciting people to work with Friday night parties in various clubs across London. People who are able to adapt rarely leave Pret.
Pros
Generous Benefits compared to competition
Cons
Max workload
  1. Would give 0 stars if I could