Pret A Manger
Happiness score is 50 out of 100
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Good company bad management

8 July 2017
Very hard working job. I was working in the kitchen. You need to wake up early in the morning around 4:00am to get on time to your shift. You have a limited time to do your job everyday but this time limit is a joke. You have thousand of standards to respect, but it's impossible to finish on time if you follow all of them. So everyday you need to decide if you are going to finish on time or if you want to follow all the standards. Of course, the pressure of the leaders is always there and you cant lose 1 minute. Sometimes I felt scared to go to the toilet and waste my time. The managers were not organized, a lot of times, they give me the next rota just the day before the week starts. Also, expect to do a lot of task above your salary.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free lunch, salary and bonus
Cons
No Organization.
4 January 2021
Same role
Kitchen leader (Former Employee) - all over london
I worked for pret for 10 years, probably few to many . Upto 2015 it was a great company yet then something happens. Work becomes more stressful ,more responsibilities ,crazy morning shifts never enough ppl
Pros
Free food/drinks
Cons
early shifts/never enough people
26 October 2020
Same role
Team Member Kitchen (Former Employee) - London South East, Greater London
If you want to work at Pret, know that they will work you to death and pay you very little for it. I got sick but my gm didn't believe me. Avoid Pret like coronavirus!!!
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Too many to think of
29 January 2021
Same location
Barista/Team Member (Former Employee) - Edinburgh
They don’t care. You’ll be never enough and they will always make you feel like nothing.In this place you won’t be an human but just a machine replaceable at any moment.Also, during pandemic they fired for not pay the 10% to their people. Don’t work for Pret A Manger!Value yourself!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Infinity hours
  1. Good company bad management