Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

overworking envornment , discriminating HR , unprofessional managers

12 June 2018
my experience working for this company was not great at all. everyday i felt overworked . the amout of hours the manager gave me was 4 a day. the manager and the workers were extremely unprofessional. I was constantly sent to other locations to help out , when they actually never even needed extra workers. constantly had to do catering. we were restricted from getting tips . the company treat part time workers very mean because your not apart of there union so the can abrupty fire you and they treat you like you have no rights. I wouldnt recommend anyone work for this company .
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
had weekends off
Cons
no break, no benefits, Nothing for part timers
8 March 2021
Barista (Former Employee) - Manchester
I had a chance to work different shops in the area and everyone was different with kind of customs, being busy, opening hours, days etc. Company is providing a very good training and gives you a chance to improve your skills with many different ways.
29 January 2021
Barista/Team Member (Former Employee) - Edinburgh
They don’t care. You’ll be never enough and they will always make you feel like nothing.In this place you won’t be an human but just a machine replaceable at any moment.Also, during pandemic they fired for not pay the 10% to their people. Don’t work for Pret A Manger!Value yourself!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Infinity hours
22 January 2021
Barista (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
Worked in Pret for 2 years (2018-2020) and I can say that the salary is really good. The workplace is fun to be in if the team is okay in my experience. Sometimes, the workplace can be toxic especially during coffee rush and when the manager doesn't help and put pressure on you. Luckily, the ones I've been with helped a lot during busy times.In terms of progression, It really depends on the manager. I've been working there for 2 years and I've been with colleagues who progressed quickly. I think it really depends on the manager's perspective and opinion of you.For salary, you get paid weekly and the pay rise has been good and competitive but Im not sure if it will rise again this April due to the pandemic.Overall, working at Pret is okay especially if you're flexible and a student. But, If you're planning on doing a course in uni that is not retail and management related, then you're better off gaining experience in a place that your CV/resume will benefit in.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good salary.
Cons
Pressure is heavy sometimes and your colleagues can be unhelpful (depends on the team you're with)
  1. overworking envornment , discriminating HR , unprofessional managers